DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Anyone seen The Stranger, starring Steve Austin? I know it's a low-budget straight-to-DVD Bourne Identity but figure it might be worth a watch.

Think it's only been out a couple of months on DVD, but after watching The Expendables I'm tempted to pick it up to see more of Ol' Stone Cold whipping ass.

The Stranger has not been out long maybe a couple of weeks. Its very low budget, the story is weak as piss and the action is poor. i dont know who is picking Austins scripts but if they keep pulling out beautys like The Stranger then he better pray he stays well in with Stallone and co to find him work.........do not buy, do not rent, just avoid!

• Paid Members

Had some Quatermass And The Pit tonight and it's still great. It was a real departure for Hammer to make a film like that but they probably should have made more (great that they are making a comeback though). It's fantastic and although it has aged quite badly in places, it's still great fun - and miles better than Doctor Who was or is.

8 locusts out of 10.

Had some Quatermass And The Pit tonight and it's still great. It was a real departure for Hammer to make a film like that but they probably should have made more (great that they are making a comeback though). It's fantastic and although it has aged quite badly in places, it's still great fun - and miles better than Doctor Who was or is.

8 locusts out of 10.

Fucking Love that film been meaning to get around to see it for ages... What else use is there for underground stations and UFO's??

Dinner for Schmucks

Seen the trailer for this film?

Then you`ve seen the film!

Its certainly not a bad film and in some places its actually quite good but it is a little bit `too out there` surreal wise, not in a Monty Python way, just generally too unbelievable.

I feel that if they had tried to keep a little realism in it and stopped the over the top scenarios it would have worked alot better. But its still a watchable 2 hours but not worth the cinema experience.

you will await the dvd because I have planted eggs in your brain!

The Expendables. - Fairly good film that brings some of the biggest action film legends all into the one major action experience. Loved the chaotic action sequences and there was a lot of blood and guts to please anyone, but the scene I was disappointed with was the scene featuring Arnie, Bruce Willis and Sly. 3 of the biggest movie stars all on the one screen for the first time in history and it just didn't feel as big or important as I think it should have done. Although I enjoyed the line "What's his problem?" "He wants to be President".

Maybe a second will deliver more, though I'll also say Mickey Rourke gave a truly splendid performance as always.

8 locusts out of 10.

Fucking Love that film been meaning to get around to see it for ages... What else use is there for underground stations and UFO's??

Did you watch the film? That's great, but the original black and white tv series version is even better.

The Expendables. - Fairly good film that brings some of the biggest action film legends all into the one major action experience. Loved the chaotic action sequences and there was a lot of blood and guts to please anyone, but the scene I was disappointed with was the scene featuring Arnie, Bruce Willis and Sly. 3 of the biggest movie stars all on the one screen for the first time in history and it just didn't feel as big or important as I think it should have done. Although I enjoyed the line

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"What's his problem?" "He wants to be President".

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Maybe a second will deliver more, though I'll also say Mickey Rourke gave a truly splendid performance as always.

That part should probably be spoiler tagged.

• Paid Members

I currently have Groundhog Day on in the background with the commentary track on. It's disappointing. It's basically Harold Ramis telling me what I can see on screen, with the odd adecdote chucked in. I'm starting to think that group commentaries are better, Bey Logan ones excepted.

Did you watch the film?

I did, I last watched it c 1995 late night on ITV . not sure if Ive ever seen the 6 part series.. If I have it will be when BBC2 showed countless Sci FI films/series after DEF II in the mid 1980's

• Paid Members

The Last Exorcism

Overall this was pretty boring. There were a few parts in the film that were good.. but those parts were already shown in the trailer. They went with the whole 'exorcism' thing a different way what with it being a mockumentary.. but it just wasnt as good as the I thought it would be from the trailer and reviews.

The Expendables. - Fairly good film that brings some of the biggest action film legends all into the one major action experience. Loved the chaotic action sequences and there was a lot of blood and guts to please anyone, but the scene I was disappointed with was the scene featuring Arnie, Bruce Willis and Sly. 3 of the biggest movie stars all on the one screen for the first time in history and it just didn't feel as big or important as I think it should have done. Although I enjoyed the line

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Wouldn't say a spoiler of anything that happens in the movie, just a quote from a certain part of it.

Edited by Steveo2007

• Paid Members

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Wouldn't say a spoiler of anything that happens in the movie, just a quote from a certain part of it.

Yeah but that's not the point. People like the clever little lines like that, and don't want you spoiling it for them. Imagine if you'd not seen Commando and someone came up going "I love the bit where he goes "let off some steam Bennett". When you actually watched it, it wouldn't be as good because someone had told you.