General politics discussion thread

David

Hmm, somebody used a word without understanding it!

Getting back to Europe, I've found this whole thing has certainly made me think again. I was always instinctively pro-European in a sort of vague way, but this crisis has really exposed some of the follies of the European project, and it looks a lot like the Euro-sceptics were right on the Euro. The more I learn about the ins and outs of the European legislature, the more I realise how thoroughly undemocratic the whole thing is. Perhaps we're best to distance ourselves from Europe but take advantage of our close trade ties with them.

I'm bored of talking about the far-right now.

Then don't. :)

So tommy robinson's left the EDL to join the british freedom party (basically a party set up by BNP members who no longer like nick griffin so started their own party).

Which made me chuckle.

I say good luck to Tommy!

I'll have nothing to do with the BFP, as like with the BNP & really have no desire to follow them.

BRITISH FREEDOM PARTY 25-POINT PLAN:

• Paid Members
Getting back to Europe, I've found this whole thing has certainly made me think again. I was always instinctively pro-European in a sort of vague way,

Could make for a reasonable topic, I think. "Opinions on the euro prior to birth and in the palliative-care stage: Have they changed?" Do you think it's got legs? I'll start it if you think we might get anyone other than us two responding to it.

• Paid Members
I'm bored of talking about the far-right now.

Then don't. :)

So tommy robinson's left the EDL to join the british freedom party (basically a party set up by BNP members who no longer like nick griffin so started their own party).

Which made me chuckle.

I say good luck to Tommy!

I'll have nothing to do with the BFP, as like with the BNP & really have no desire to follow them.

BRITISH FREEDOM PARTY 25-POINT PLAN: