The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

With that cloud cover, you'll always get movement and credit to Birthday Boy Anderson for eeking out every bit of swing he could out of it. He's an inconsistent fucker, but on his day he can swing like Wasim Akram.

• Paid Members

I do worry about him in Oz though, it never swings down there. His best bet will be with reverse swing.

Wasim will always be alright with me. Even though he always used to fuck England's batting up, he was brilliant for Lancashire.

With that cloud cover, you'll always get movement and credit to Birthday Boy Anderson for eeking out every bit of swing he could out of it. He's an inconsistent fucker, but on his day he can swing like Wasim Akram.

I think he's developed a lot more consistancy of late though, he's not 10 wickets every innings obviously but he's the lynchpin of our attack. He'll get the most out of the conditions, in fact there's probably no better in the world when it's swinging. In australia it'll be difficult for him, but he'll still put a shift in and I'm already calling Swanny for man of the series, he's gonna win us that.

• Paid Members
Ezekiel Jackson's favourite cricketer is Clive Lloyd he told me on twitter. Awesome.

That's persuaded me to join Twitter on all its own. Ezekiel has great taste.

• Moderators

Some names there. Robin Smith, Border, Lillee. I'll have to watch me some of that.

EDIT: Fuck me! Look at the full squads!

Australia: Allan Border (captain), Jeff Thomson, Dean Jones, Dennis Lillee, Mark Waugh, Damien Fleming, Michael Bevan, Stuart Law and Darren Lehmann.

England: Graham Gooch (captain), Robin Smith, Adam Hollioake, Graeme Hick, Gladstone Small, Phil Defreitas, Angus Fraser and John Emburey.

New Zealand: Martin Crowe (captain), Sir Richard Hadlee, Mark Greatbatch, Danny Morrison, Nathan Astle, Dion Nash, Dipak Patel and Chris Cairns.

Australia: Allan Border (captain), Jeff Thomson, Kim Hughes, Dean Jones, Dennis Lillee, Damien Fleming and Mark Waugh.

England: Graham Gooch (captain), Darren Gough, Allan Lamb, Robin Smith, Adam Hollioake, Graeme Hick and Gladstone Small (replacing Mark Ramprakash).

West Indies: Courtney Walsh (captain), Phil Simmons, Jimmy Adams, Curtly Ambrose, Richie Richardson, Desmond Haynes, Joel Garner and Sir Viv Richards (new addition).

Edited by ButchReedMark

• Paid Members

They've played these beach cricket things just before the Australian test series the last couple of years, so I reckon there will be another one around November time. Look out for it on Sky, it's great fun.

• Paid Members

This is the type of cricket that Geoffrey Boycott will appreciate. No shots aside from the forward defensive prod. Lovely.

Jimmy Anderson is really boomeranging it around as well.