The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

It's just struck me that the 3rd Test starts at Edgebaston in Birmingham in a couple of days. If these thieving rioters disrupt the cricket I will get out there myself and riot.

• Paid Members
It's just struck me that the 3rd Test starts at Edgebaston in Birmingham in a couple of days. If these thieving rioters disrupt the cricket I will get out there myself and riot.

Unfortunately I think there's very little chance of this going ahead. Especially with the precedent being set by the FA to cancel tomorrow night's England friendly and the Carling Cup matches. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Paid Members

It shows how good we are now that we're already leading by over 100, with only 2 wickets down, against the top ranked team in the world (for about 2 more days) and there have been no comments on this test at all yet. Incredible stuff from Cook and Strauss, and Pietersen is looking imposing again today. Great times.

It shows how good we are now that we're already leading by over 100, with only 2 wickets down, against the top ranked team in the world (for about 2 more days) and there have been no comments on this test at all yet. Incredible stuff from Cook and Strauss, and Pietersen is looking imposing again today. Great times.

The way its going and with the strength of the tail-enders we could easily get 600+ I reckon they will bat this last session out and bat until 10 overs before close tomorrow, which will give us two days to bowl them out.

Really disappointed by the Indians, they just don't seem bothered. Trotting around after boundaries with little enthusiasm for stopping them, giving away extras all over the shop, uninspired bowling. They've given up already.

I guess this is what happened to the Aussies as well - when a great Test side finally goes, it really falls apart quickly.

• Paid Members
Really disappointed by the Indians, they just don't seem bothered. Trotting around after boundaries with little enthusiasm for stopping them, giving away extras all over the shop, uninspired bowling. They've given up already.

Agreed, Sehwag especially just looks like he doesn't want to be there. It doesn't look like anything other than a heavy innings defeat at the moment, especially at Edgbaston where if we can stick around for a lot of tomorrow, the 4th and 5th day will be very difficult to make a decent score on.

I've watched most of the first two days, and the Indians really look like they can't be bothered anymore. Dravid dropped two fairly straightfoward catches today (the second of which any standard of player should take) while Sehwag has stood out to me as a fielder who doesn't want to be there. They're not making much effort to stop boundaries and the number of no balls bowled so far has been amazing.

Cook has played beautifully and everyone around him has been in good touch too. I imagine they could continue to bat all the way through tomorrow if they wanted. We could declare tomorrow afternoon with a lead of 350 or so and get another heavy innings defeat, but then it risks some of the lower order batsmen to not get some time in the middle...something which Bopara is probably dying to do so he can prove he deserves another shot. The ball looked to be spinning quite a bit towards the end of today's play, so Swann could have a great day if the seam bowlers don't clean up before he gets a chance to come in.

• Paid Members

Christ that can't be right surely? *Goes off to research*. According to cricinfo

MJ Prior 2007-2011 46* 69 12 2531 131* 44.40 6 18 8

an average of 44.40, he's not far off actually, the only one I can find that Croft would have played with that's only just slightly higher is my hero and all time favourite player.

GP Thorpe 1993-2005 100 179 28 6744 200* 44.66 16 39 12

Christ that can't be right surely? *Goes off to research*. According to cricinfo

MJ Prior 2007-2011 46* 69 12 2531 131* 44.40 6 18 8

an average of 44.40, he's not far off actually, the only one I can find that Croft would have played with that's only just slightly higher is my hero and all time favourite player.

GP Thorpe 1993-2005 100 179 28 6744 200* 44.66 16 39 12

Not far off.

Prior's jusr got out for 5 too, so has that been updated? Crofty could have been right this morning!! //statto//

To be fair, Croft played in some average England sides, against some unreal opposition. Coupled with the fact that we were taking beating after beating from the Aussies every 18 months its not surprising.

Those Thorpe stats are superb.