New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members
Got to agree with everyone here, there's no need for a reboot on the big screen, especially as it's highly likely there's still going to be a TV show.

I think a big screen adventure for whichever current Doctor is on screen at that moment would be better. Hey, if it gets them happier about paying big screen money, bring in someone like Johnny Depp as the villain.

They could even have the series end with a hint to the film. Put the series on earlier in the year, and then release the film in the summer, or have the series at the regular time and release the film late summer early autumn

Im fairly certain theres some kind of rule that bans the BBC from having a film of a show as they cant have something that means people have to watch the BBC to fully understand it. I could be wrong, but Im sure I'd read that before.

That makes no sense, I film can be done without people having to watch the show to understand it. You make it so it fit between 2 serious but stands alone storywise. If it's felt necessary to give any kind of backstory to first time viewers they simply need to write in a scene where The Doctor is seeing flashbacks of his life. It's not complicated at all.

• Paid Members
Got to agree with everyone here, there's no need for a reboot on the big screen, especially as it's highly likely there's still going to be a TV show.

I think a big screen adventure for whichever current Doctor is on screen at that moment would be better. Hey, if it gets them happier about paying big screen money, bring in someone like Johnny Depp as the villain.

They could even have the series end with a hint to the film. Put the series on earlier in the year, and then release the film in the summer, or have the series at the regular time and release the film late summer early autumn

Im fairly certain theres some kind of rule that bans the BBC from having a film of a show as they cant have something that means people have to watch the BBC to fully understand it. I could be wrong, but Im sure I'd read that before.

That makes no sense, I film can be done without people having to watch the show to understand it. You make it so it fit between 2 serious but stands alone storywise. If it's felt necessary to give any kind of backstory to first time viewers they simply need to write in a scene where The Doctor is seeing flashbacks of his life. It's not complicated at all.

Would it have a wobbly special effect and that harp sound effect and Matt Smith looking thoughtfully off into the sky while rubbing his chin as well?

• Paid Members

Would it have a wobbly special effect and that harp sound effect and Matt Smith looking thoughtfully off into the sky while rubbing his chin as well?

I prefer that to be saved for episodes of Scooby Doo

Terrible news. Why they are hell bent on fucking Who up I have no idea.

Anyway lets hope it gets stuck in development.

How will this even fucking work? They're going to 'reboot' it. even though the TV series will also be going on?

FUCK OFF

While I'm not one of those people dooming the current series I don't think the intention is to release it when the TV series is going on. They've admitted that they've got a long way to go with developing it and I wouldn't be surprised if they consider taking a break from the TV series after Moffat's finished his run. To me this seems like a plan for after the televised run has finished up for a while.

• Paid Members
Terrible news. Why they are hell bent on fucking Who up I have no idea.

Anyway lets hope it gets stuck in development.

How will this even fucking work? They're going to 'reboot' it. even though the TV series will also be going on?

FUCK OFF

While I'm not one of those people dooming the current series I don't think the intention is to release it when the TV series is going on. They've admitted that they've got a long way to go with developing it and I wouldn't be surprised if they consider taking a break from the TV series after Moffat's finished his run. To me this seems like a plan for after the televised run has finished up for a while.

Maybe not with the relevent people now, but a film to sort of end the Doctor who series as a whole? At least for a bit anyway, might be worth considering? I love Dr Who and hope it never goes away, but to be fair a huge big screen ending would be the best way to finish it off!

• Paid Members

Why would anyone be thinking of dropping it though? It's only a few years into a very sucessful run and unless I'm mistaken it went nearly 30 years before it took it's first proper break. It's a concept that can just go on and on IMO.

• Paid Members
Why would anyone be thinking of dropping it though? It's only a few years into a very sucessful run and unless I'm mistaken it went nearly 30 years before it took it's first proper break. It's a concept that can just go on and on IMO.

I'm just saying, not that i'm aware that they are, but give it another 3 or 4 years (according to the reports anyway) and lead into a huge movie to end it for a bit. Again not that i've heard anything, or that i'd want them to, but if your going to go out......why not in a big action filled movie whilst the series is super popular?

Either way, it'd be interesting.

• Paid Members

Sorry I cant give more details, Im trying to find where I read about it.

I'm just saying, not that i'm aware that they are, but give it another 3 or 4 years (according to the reports anyway) and lead into a huge movie to end it for a bit. Again not that i've heard anything, or that i'd want them to, but if your going to go out......why not in a big action filled movie whilst the series is super popular?

Just thought, how about having it at the changeover between Doctors? That way, it is a whole new story, yet also keeps in continuity

• Paid Members

Just thought, how about having it at the changeover between Doctors? That way, it is a whole new story, yet also keeps in continuity

Yeah, why not, it'd be cool if they go forward with "X ammount" of regenerations thing (is it 12 or 13 altoghether) and a movie based on him trying to obtain further regenerations, thus leading into a new doctor, would be fantastic IMPO.

If it is going to be a Hollywood feature film then it'll be probably be along the lines of a full reboot. It's no coincidence they've gone to David Yates as they'll be looking for the next Harry Potter they can get a series of films out of - give them their own overriding storyline and launch all the merch and theme parks worldwide rather than making it tie-in with the storyline of the current TV show that's only on fairly obscure channels like BBC America despite its high profile here.

Obviously its popular enough to get them working on a movie, still pretty cultish over there though I'd say. Though it is getting better BBC America still isn't carried that much over there and tends to be tucked away a bit on the EPG when it is. A Million views across the week probably isn't big enough for them to tie it into the launch of what they hope to be a big film franchise

I don't get why its a travesty to have them be a bit separate like some reactions I've seen on the net when people seem to cope with Smallville and Superman or having Batman animated stuff as well as the Nolan films