New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Thats what Im saying, how has this made him go under the radar? It makes no sense when you stop and think about it and how time travel works. If he wanted to be under the radar then he would be able to do the same without faking his death or needing a set up.

I mean his (fake) death was needed for the story, and going less obvious is fine, but tying them together makes no sense in any logic I can figure.

I have to disagree. I think what happened IS logical and I simply don't get where your coming from. The silence wanted to prevent the "fall of the eleventh", and they believe they've done that by "killing" him at lake silencio.

That's it. As long as the doctor dosen't let on he faked his death, the silence will never know they failed until he reverts into the 12th doctor, and by then it will be too late.

As I mentioned earlier, as far as the silence are concerned they've got him. So if they do bump into him in future adventures, yeah, they're going to try and stop him... They may even try and kill him. But ultimately they going to think "ah fuck him we've already got him at lake silencio." They have NO idea that when they bump into him again that it will be the doctor post-lake.

• Paid Members

Yeah, because that doesnt match up with

Moffat essentially erased RTD's obsession with The Doctor being Superman-cum-Jesus by making him covert again

Thats the statement I was disagreeing with. To be covert people would need to be unaware of The Doctor, his 'death' wouldnt make a difference either way to that. If they knew about him then they know he can appear regardless because it could be a him from before his death.

That make sense to what I mean yet?

The silence have looked into the dr's history quite a bit mind, it's all about his time line innit? If they see him again now, and it's clearly new to their history, they'll work out it's him.

And presumably that's what'll happen towards the end of the next series when the question does get asked, they gotta be buiding to it.

The silence have looked into the dr's history quite a bit mind, it's all about his time line innit? If they see him again now, and it's clearly new to their history, they'll work out it's him.

And presumably that's what'll happen towards the end of the next series when the question does get asked, they gotta be buiding to it.

I think they'll hold off on the question until Matt Smith decides to leave, since it's all tied in to the 'fall of the eleventh'

• Paid Members

Hmmm, yeah I suppose thats possible. They could claim some kind of maguffin that lets them see things like the Time Lords and be able to discern the age of The Doctor relative to his timeline.

Thats the statement I was disagreeing with. To be covert people would need to be unaware of The Doctor, his 'death' wouldnt make a difference either way to that. If they knew about him then they know he can appear regardless because it could be a him from before his death.

Yes, but to be fair you're concerning yourself with the Who universe as though it is real; that because the protagonists can be open to interaction with the Doctor 'before' his death it somehow rubbishes my statement that Moffat has erased RTD's obsession with Who being a 'Jesus-cum-Superman' superhero. But, the fact remains that we only now have to concern ourselves with the Doctor after his death as that is what we'll see on TV. And, relative to his timeline and his need to stay beneath the radar as concerns the Silence between now and Transalor, he'll have to act once again under the cover of shadows.

I genuinely don't care, and neither should you, that villains might have to meet a young Smith, or Tennant or Eccles. As far as we're concerned, the Doctor has to wind down his hyperactivity.

If you don't want to think of it like that, the Doctor even said in the finale that he's 'become too big' and needs go back into the shadows. So, whether you think of it relative to our current Doctor's timeline, or the explicit admission on the show itself, Moffat has shown his intention to reign in The Doctor's character to something more reflective of the initial series.

Whether he actually does it or not is another matter.

• Paid Members

I think Moffat's mentioned before that he already knows what he's going to do for the 50th anniversary hasn't he? Whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome and something that no one else has even considered before.