What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

So has anyone been watching the new series of Torchwood?

I have obviously and i'm loving it so far. I think the first episode was really well done, they've done a great job setting up the plot for this series and introducing the new characters/re-introducing Captain Jack, Gwen and Rhys to the audience.

Episodes 2 & 3 were also brilliant, especially 3 which i think has been the best episode of the series so far.

Also Bill Pulman is awesome as Oswald Danes.

I actually think its been very poor. After the brilliance of Children Of Earth this has been a big let down. Bill Pullman is a great actor, and the new guy and Barrowman are fine, but everyone else is annoying.

Gwen Cooper really is uninteresting and her character just seems to be smugly saying 'This is Torchwood' 'Welcome to Torchwood' 'How Torchwood is this?' SUT UP!

It may get better, but I was just expecting a bit more.

It depends, the original version is said to be brilliant (unless you have a problem with the Danes), but I've not heard such good things about the American remake.

Yeah it's the Danish version, I'm now about 9 episodes in & have to say it's worth sticking with! Really good stuff & some genuine cliffhangers!

Also features amazing jumpers!!!!!

• Paid Members

Its maybe been mentioned, but im bang in to progs on the history, discovery and bio channels at the moment.

Swamp men, Pawn Stars, restoration man, storage wars, deadliest catch and Gold Rush. Im also a fan of River Monsters.

I dont know why i like them as such, but they are very interesting.

Its maybe been mentioned, but im bang in to progs on the history, discovery and bio channels at the moment.

Swamp men, Pawn Stars, restoration man, storage wars, deadliest catch and Gold Rush. Im also a fan of River Monsters.

I dont know why i like them as such, but they are very interesting.

Ax men is worth checking out as well.

as for thundercats i really wasn't expecting it to be any good having grown up watching the original but its superb.

• Paid Members
Ax men is worth checking out as well.

as for thundercats i really wasn't expecting it to be any good having grown up watching the original but its superb.

Ax men is Ok, i rate it on par with ice road truckers, but isnt quite as good as the rest in the list.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

My brother-in-law is mad on Storage Wars and Axe Men and all of those.

Anyone been watching the new Breaking Bad season? Not sure if this should be in another thread (the US TV one?) so I won't go into any details, but I've not been enjoying it as much as I'd hoped to.

• Paid Members

The end to the latest episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm is by far one of the funniest endings to the series that I've seen. This season is really good so far.