What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Watched the first episode of Glee last night (recorded the second of the double bill).

It was fun!

Some really funny characters (the principal is brilliant) and a lot of funny moments.

It got a bit lame at times, especially towards the end when there seemed to be no jokes at all for the last 10 minutes or so and it was all the emotional crap. But there was enough good that I'll keep watching, though I realise this means I'm going to have to endure a lot of singing if I keep up with the show.

Only time will tell if the good outweighs the bad, but for now I'm definitely willing to watch a few more episodes to find out. A good start.

Apparently this show did E4's biggest rating ever or somesuch. No-one else I know watched it apart from my friend I watched it with. No-one else on here watch it either? Who was watching??

The mrs and are watching Glee, it's good for a giggle.

EDIT:

Didn't watch all of the first ep but got the idea of it. It reminded me of that Australian comedy where the same actor played 3 parts(?) but more cheesy in an American way on purpose :D:p

My son who is now 9 wanted to see it but I think there were a few bits not right for his age. As has been said often it goes over their heads. Funny watching some programmes where you laugh as an adult and they don't get it and ask why it was funny :) He watches Big Bang Theory which seems to be fine. I find some of the stuff on the wrestling is worse for a 9 year old, TNA can be cringe-worthy and their ahem T&A.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

I seem to be watching loads of stuff thanks to Sky+ ;)

Big Bang Theory, Glee, Heroes, TUF 2, Egyptians (channel 5), Celebrity Quitters, CBB7, Flavor of Love season 3 and got Sons of Anarchy recorded.

Celebrity Quitters is good for Derek Accorah and Paul Danan, 2 great characters in totally different ways, thanks to Sky+ I flick through it on +6 :)

TUF 2 doesn't look as good other seasons I've seen, still worth a watch though.

Flavor of Love is brill! Great for bootilicious home-girls :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

bought Califonication Season 1 the other day, i'll start watching that once ive finished...

The Sarah Connor Chroncles Season 2. It's a shame this show got cancelled because its really good. I dont anyone else who watches it, i think it is "The Terminator" people were turned off from the beginning, because it couldn't live up to the films. I think it's a really good companion piece, it just expands the story and like any good tv show, has great characters.

I'm just gutted, cause i know when i get through the 24 episodes there's more than likely gonna be a cliff hanger, and there's gonna be no conclusion (similar to when i watched the underrated Invasion show a few years ago).

bought Califonication Season 1 the other day, i'll start watching that once ive finished...

Grit your teeth through the mind-buggeringly stupid storylines they insist on putting up there, because by season 3 it gets really good.

(similar to when i watched the underrated Invasion show a few years ago).

The problem I found with Invasion is that it stretched half a season's worth of plot over 22 episodes. It's like they were so confident of getting another season thanks to shows like Lost giving the public a taste for the unusual that they got lazy. I loved it as much as anyone but by god did it drag in the middle. Great beginning, flashes of brilliance, great ending, but no way in the world worth 22 episodes to tell the story they had.

For some reason, the spoiler tags won't work for me, so I'll just say, any Californication fans that aren't up to date - STOP READING, THERE ARE MINOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!! Best I can do, sorry!

---------------

Just finished watching Californication Series 3. Read somewhere (maybe on here?) that Series 3 had been slated, but I absolutely loved it. The episode based in Hanks appartment with all his women in different rooms is probably my favourite ever, and the season finale was a fine, fine piece of work. A wonderful payoff to the uncomfortable secret harboured from all the way back in Episode 1. As a lover of all things Runkle, I am hooked on what is next for Charlie and Marcey too. Superb stuff throughout.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently series linked:

True Blood season 2

Last Woman Standing

Pineapple Studios

Cleveland Show

The Ultimate Fighter season 2

Heroes

Tonight there is a programme on called Too Poor for Harrow, channel 4, looks quite good, probably more for the documentary thread.

I took a gamble in January and bought the complete boxset of The Wire. I can totally appreciate the buzz around it now. I've watched all of season 1 and tho I started out unsure, absolutely loved it by the end. Started season 2 and was quite bored by it so put it away. Last week I picked it back up and have watched another 4 episodes of it and im firmly back in the 'loving it' camp. 3 more seasons to go..

Is that Generation Kill any good?

Is that Generation Kill any good?

I thought it was excellent, though I'd recommend watching it twice - firstly, knowing who the characters are from the start gives you a different perspective (you notice little bits of character development more the second time round) and secondly, there's so much greatness going on in the background that you're likely to miss first time round, much of which is heard but not seen (such as a group of soldiers doing Sean Connery impressions, and discussions about "tropical Mexicans" and so on). Quality, quality stuff.

Watched the first episode of Glee last night (recorded the second of the double bill).

It was fun!

Some really funny characters (the principal is brilliant) and a lot of funny moments.

It got a bit lame at times, especially towards the end when there seemed to be no jokes at all for the last 10 minutes or so and it was all the emotional crap. But there was enough good that I'll keep watching, though I realise this means I'm going to have to endure a lot of singing if I keep up with the show.

Only time will tell if the good outweighs the bad, but for now I'm definitely willing to watch a few more episodes to find out. A good start.

Apparently this show did E4's biggest rating ever or somesuch. No-one else I know watched it apart from my friend I watched it with. No-one else on here watch it either? Who was watching??

The mrs and are watching Glee, it's good for a giggle.

EDIT:

Didn't watch all of the first ep but got the idea of it. It reminded me of that Australian comedy where the same actor played 3 parts(?) but more cheesy in an American way on purpose :D:p

My son who is now 9 wanted to see it but I think there were a few bits not right for his age. As has been said often it goes over their heads. Funny watching some programmes where you laugh as an adult and they don't get it and ask why it was funny :) He watches Big Bang Theory which seems to be fine. I find some of the stuff on the wrestling is worse for a 9 year old, TNA can be cringe-worthy and their ahem T&A.

Summer heights high! Really funny show I thought. His drama teacher character was great.