What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Being lumbered with Freeview until Sky gets switched on has led me to be forced to watch lots of fly on the wall stuff - and I love it! Nothing To Declare, Police Camera Action, Road Wars - just give me more of this shit and I'll watch it.

Road Wars is just tremendous. Shame I've seen every one about five times.

• Paid Members

Finally got round to catching Season 6 of 30 Rock. I don't know whether it's because it's been so long since I watched Season 5 or because it's just not very good, but I'm not enjoying it much at all. Laughs are rare and I can't remember the show being so dumb and pointless on such a constant basis. I'm about 9 episodes in and I'm already forgetting the ones I've watched.

Watched that Channel Four Comedy Special "Them From That Thing". It's a sketch show with a great cast and Charlie Brooker had a hand in it.

I think he only co-wrote one sketch in it.

I know that having a great cast doesn't mean it'll be good but the whole thing was fucking terrible, wasn't it?

Unlike Bad Sugar. Stellar cast and brilliant writing, loved it!

Just started season 4 of Mad Men. Looks like it's had a bit of a shake up, introducing new characters and seemingly cutting the fringe characters.

Mad Men is such an odd show though, in that nothing really happens. It's very much character driven with a pretty basic story thrown in with it. It works well and I'm really enjoying it. Stand out characters for me are Don (obviously), Roger Stirling (who is just hilarious) and Sally Draper. Really disappointed that she grew out of her lisp though, I thought it was a great character trait. And I mean that in the least paedo way possible.

Just watched A Touch Of Cloth. The jokes were pretty formulaic but still managed to raise a laugh. On another note, from the adverts I could've sworn that it was James Nesbitt playing the lead. Sorry, John Hannah. :(

I thought that at first, I think I might have preferred James Nesbitt. Overall, I enjoyed it. There was a few bits I didn't like (eg. bit where during the chase scene where she just stops to wave those ribbons, don't know the correct term) but for the most part it made me laugh.

Also, enjoyed Bad Sugar by Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain which had a pretty good cast of comedy actors.

• Paid Members
Yeah, there were one or two daft parts. The "Anne Oldman" jokes became overplayed almost instantly.

Last night's Breaking Bad:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

There are no words, apart from "sad" and "face".

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Breaking Bad -

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I watched it last night on a stream and I went to bed gutted. Mike had became my favourite character in the later seasons so it was bad to see him finally get out only for that to happen. Next week's episode should be off the charts though because this season is split into 2 parts and I think next week is the last episode before the break.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Watched the first episode of the new Inspector George Gently series on catch up last night. It can be a bit hit and miss and heavy handed in driving home the politics, but I always like seeing the north east on film in anything that's not Vera or Byker Grove. I thought this was one of the better episodes and featured some good actors alongside Martin Shaw for a change, including Leonora Crichlow (who I thought accomplished the rare feet of affecting a geordie accent that didn't sound Welsh or Pakistani, after some terrible attempts by actors in the last series) and Eammon Fucking Walker. I actually did some extra work for one of the episodes later in the series, but now I'm gutted that I wasn't on the set with Karim Said :(

I've been watching Freaks and Geeks. I'm enjoying it. My biggest problem though is nothing to do with the show, I just can never seem to finish any US TV series. I'm around 8 episodes in and think it's a great show, yet I just don't have the motivation to watch anymore episodes. Everytime I go to select it I find myself watching a film or The Office instead. Does anybody else have this problem with US TV?

Hunderby on Sky.

Brilliant stuff, so dark and threatening, yet really funny. Whenever some twat pipes up with the women can't do comedy line, there are a few two word answers that should end that little debate. One of them is Julia Davis.

• Paid Members
Hunderby on Sky.

Brilliant stuff, so dark and threatening, yet really funny. Whenever some twat pipes up with the women can't do comedy line, there are a few two word answers that should end that little debate. One of them is Julia Davis.

Whatever, bet she just goes on about eating chocolate & periods.