What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

So, absolutely my favourite thing right now on tv is Inspector Montalbano on BBC 4.

It's a detective series set on Sicily, and it's fucking great. Every episode basically involves the laid-back hero investigating a murder whilst seducing one of a series of incredibly, incredibly beautiful Italian actresses. It's got great characters, good stories, it's got absolutely bags of charm, and each episode is an hour and a half so you sink right into it.

Only slight drawback is that I appear to have missed the first 7 series :(

So, absolutely my favourite thing right now on tv is Inspector Montalbano on BBC 4.It's a detective series set on Sicily, and it's fucking great. Every episode basically involves the laid-back hero investigating a murder whilst seducing one of a series of incredibly, incredibly beautiful Italian actresses. It's got great characters, good stories, it's got absolutely bags of charm, and each episode is an hour and a half so you sink right into it.Only slight drawback is that I appear to have missed the first 7 series :(

On that recommendation, I need to give it a go. I watch every foreign crime show that comes on the air these days, but Montalbano is the only one I've never really given a proper chance.

So, absolutely my favourite thing right now on tv is Inspector Montalbano on BBC 4.It's a detective series set on Sicily, and it's fucking great. Every episode basically involves the laid-back hero investigating a murder whilst seducing one of a series of incredibly, incredibly beautiful Italian actresses. It's got great characters, good stories, it's got absolutely bags of charm, and each episode is an hour and a half so you sink right into it.Only slight drawback is that I appear to have missed the first 7 series :(

On that recommendation, I need to give it a go. I watch every foreign crime show that comes on the air these days, but Montalbano is the only one I've never really given a proper chance.
I'm still making my way through the original Wallander series of feature length shows. They are really good and worth tracking down if you haven't seen them.

Wallander was the one that got me into the European detective shows, though I got on board in the second series so the fact that Virgin Media currently have the whole lot on their TVOD service is most welcome. I've seen that, The Bridge, Those Who Kill, Spiral, and The Killing, but my favourite of the lot has to be Braquo, even though it's probably the daftest one of them all.

• Paid Members

Spot on, I only wish Salvo would actually treat himself to one of the countless stunners that throw themselves at him. Gorgeous show in every way and very short seasons (2-4 episodes each) some of which you can grab on DVD now.

I now rely entirely on Keith Houchen to inform me of great documentaries on the BBC. I should start paying him for the service, really.

Well, we'll have to make sure Biffington Clyro has me on ignore so he doesn't have to watch any BBC shite.

The last Mark Gatiss Horror docs were great. Richie, if you haven't seen this, you should.

• Paid Members

Horror Europa was excellent. Anyone interested in European or horror cinema needs to see it, and Gatiss is great. What a well-dressed man, too! I felt myself do a half-turn, I have to say.