What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The Shield gets better. Interestingly, (or not) The Shield and The Wire's pilots and final episodes were both directed by Clark Johnson, which shows the guy has a lot of talent behind the camera for drama.

If you're enjoying The Shield, you should try Sons of Anarchy as well.

I haven't enjoyed Flashforward for the last couple of episodes, the guys behind hide it have a fairly mixed track record, which includes the unforgivable Blade Trinity. I'll see how that one goes.

• Paid Members

Episode 5 of Dexter S4 kept the streak going. It's genuinely exciting TV at the moment, absolutely loving it and can't wait for the next episode. Amazing stuff after a fairly ordinary third season. Trinity's scene with his omelette order going wrong was grand.

Predator Raw, back for a new series on FX last night. What a fucking result. I've missed Chris Hansen and his paedo trapping ways. Great, great telly.

Agreed great show but unfortunately you have already missed two episodes, it started on the 13th :thumbsup:

Predator Raw, back for a new series on FX last night. What a fucking result. I've missed Chris Hansen and his paedo trapping ways. Great, great telly.

Agreed great show but unfortunately you have already missed two episodes, it started on the 13th :thumbsup:

What a fucking cunt. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll get to downloading. I hope there's plenty left.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-tv...-the-00s,35256/

The brilliant AV Club's list of the best shows of the decade. I am a bit amazed at Eastbound and Down being in the top 30, especially above Wonder Showzen and The West Wing, especially when the extraordinary "Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia" was left out, but it's small potatoes.

Edited by Famous Mortimer

• Paid Members

Yeah, S4 of Dexter has been consistently excellent for seven episodes now. Great stuff. New one aired yesterday but I fear my PC is dead and I won't be able to get it. This saddens me greatly. Lithgow is absolutely fantastic as Trinity.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

From the moment Dexter was able to start the chainsaw the tension was just through the roof. All of his little mannerisms and expressions are creepy as hell. Chilling stuff.

So the coffin then? What about that coffin? Is it for Dexter? He must be suspicious of Dexter or even onto him completely by this point. I love the way he says "Kyle" in a really deliberate manner each time he sees Dexter. Is "Trinity" a misnomer, does he kill four people each time but nobody has found the fourth one because he buries them under the new houses? Who shot Deb and Lundy? Surely Trinity wouldn't take such a massive deviation from his routine - he couldn't even bring himself to mercy kill a deer. Was it Deb's boyfriend? It seems a bit too out of character for him but I couldn't really buy Trinity doing it either. Where is the Batista/LaGuerta story going now? It could become circular if it continues as it is. Perhaps one of them might be bumped off? Is Quinn going to be the new DoakeS? Lots going on indeed.

• Paid Members

It's entertaining enough to watch but not gripping enough for me to make the effort to actually watch it.

Anyone watch V? It was alright but jammed about one seasons worth of storyline in the first episode. ABC are so desperate for the new Lost that they seem to have overlooked what made Lost such a big hit in the first place.

It's entertaining enough to watch but not gripping enough for me to make the effort to actually watch it.

Anyone watch V? It was alright but jammed about one seasons worth of storyline in the first episode. ABC are so desperate for the new Lost that they seem to have overlooked what made Lost such a big hit in the first place.

Completely agree. That episode was like the entire first series of V: The Original Series in 42 minutes. No ta.

House is getting worse, unfortunately. Taub is back, but that's the only good thing.