UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Oh and due to needing a piss and then getting an ice cream, I completely missed Virgil getting squashed by Adam Bomb.

My mate had a similar, but slightly worse, issue when we went to Insurrextion. He sods off to the bogs at which point Bulldog's theme hits and he charges the ring. Mate returns just in time for Bulldog's music to finish after he's gone back up the aisle after beating Crash Holly for the Hardcore Title.

I heard a rumour about this event and wondered if it was true. Back when they did the main event where Rock defended the WWF Title against Shane Mcmahon & Triple H and after the show went off the air I gather Vince McMahon was still lying in the ring. A fan reported that after the broadcast Earlo Hebner gave Vince McMahon a Rock Bottom & People's Elbow which seeing him do sounded pretty cool.

Did this actually happen?

• Paid Members

Probably. I think its in Earl Hebners contract that he has to be put over on every show he's on. He was feuding with the McMahons at the time as well, and beat the shit out of DX on one house show. Triple H and X-Pac were proper bumping for Earls punches.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I heard a rumour about this event and wondered if it was true. Back when they did the main event where Rock defended the WWF Title against Shane Mcmahon & Triple H and after the show went off the air I gather Vince McMahon was still lying in the ring. A fan reported that after the broadcast Earlo Hebner gave Vince McMahon a Rock Bottom & People's Elbow which seeing him do sounded pretty cool.

Probably. I think its in Earl Hebners contract that he has to be put over on every show he's on. He was feuding with the McMahons at the time as well, and beat the shit out of DX on one house show. Triple H and X-Pac were proper bumping for Earls punches.

Sure sounds like post-show shenanigans at Insurrextion 2000 to me.

Earl was one of the biggest players in 2000, he really was. On top of his famed involvement in Y2J's retracted title win, firing and return at Backlash, he also had a pointlessly tacked on fight with Tim White during Show/Rock at No Way Out just to create distraction for Shane to interfere (a ref bump would have sufficed), because they had bickered earlier over the finish to Jericho/Angle. Who sat around thinking "let's create an ongoing Earl/Timmy issue tonight, that'll be good" ??

Earl also tagged up with Rock to beat HHH, X-Pac and Road Dog 2 on 3 on an episode of SmackDown, as ludicrous as that sounds.

This is kinda a wrestling question - a lot of wrestlers seem to be popping up at the comic convention type events around the world. I was wondering if anyone knows the business model for this? Are they paid a flat fee plus accommodation and travel or do they take all the risk and hope they make a profit charging 30 quid for a photo and autograph?

This is kinda a wrestling question - a lot of wrestlers seem to be popping up at the comic convention type events around the world. I was wondering if anyone knows the business model for this? Are they paid a flat fee plus accommodation and travel or do they take all the risk and hope they make a profit charging 30 quid for a photo and autograph?

Tough one... it tends to vary between convention organisers. For example, there's some talent from TNA at Collectormania this year in Milton Keynes.

Given TNA is supposed to handle the outside bookings of its talent, I imagine that either accomodation is covered, or TNA pays for their air fair as a promotional cost. You'll probably get Jeremy Borash harrasing Stormtroopers to get them to the next tour...

When Mrs Loki and I were out and about on holiday, we ended up at a funfair, and I ended up telling her how the phrase "mark" came from how carny folk would literally "mark" a gullible public member with a spot of chalkdust or whatever so the other sideshow owners could pick them out and cheat them, basically.

Afterwards, I though "is that true, or did I just completely make that up?" I'm sure I read that on here, can someone like Lister confirm that story?

When Mrs Loki and I were out and about on holiday, we ended up at a funfair, and I ended up telling her how the phrase "mark" came from how carny folk would literally "mark" a gullible public member with a spot of chalkdust or whatever so the other sideshow owners could pick them out and cheat them, basically.

Afterwards, I though "is that true, or did I just completely make that up?" I'm sure I read that on here, can someone like Lister confirm that story?

Every now and again news reports surface of the dippers in Glasgow doing this.

I saw it happen in Bothwell Street from my office, where a guy used the ATM and had a chalk line scratched down his back. He turned towards Central Station, and I think the worst may have happened once he was round in that busier street assuming the chalk guys accomplices were in that direction.

Edited by Ant