UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Savage was into his fourties by the time he was on his second WWF title run, they started the new generation promotion in 93 and wanted younger exciting wrestlers in his place. hence why vince relegated him to commentator and occasional wrestler

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members

In addition I've heard it told that Savage called up the office to let them know he had signed a deal with WcW, with Vince still thinking he'd be showing up for Raw that night, apparently unaware that Savage's contract had actually expired. Vince took that particular departure rather personally because Randy didn't even give him chance to negotiate, discuss his position in the company or even make a counter offer.

Can't remember where I heard this, may have been the Monday Night War DVD.

In addition I've heard it told that Savage called up the office to let them know he had signed a deal with WcW, with Vince still thinking he'd be showing up for Raw that night, apparently unaware that Savage's contract had actually expired. Vince took that particular departure rather personally because Randy didn't even give him chance to negotiate, discuss his position in the company or even make a counter offer.

Can't remember where I heard this, may have been the Monday Night War DVD.

It's pretty much the account that Bret Hart gives in his book.

I'll be going to a televised Raw show in the states next year and am aware that additional events usually happen when the cameras stop rolling. In terms of time, can anyone say how much?

When I went to the Raw tv taping in London in April, there was a tag team dark match after the cameras went off (Cena/Orton vs Punk/Miz I think). Including entrances, I think it was between 10-15 mins.