UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

A quick one about Sky Sports Box Office HD.Although I have HD Sky, I had to watch Survivor Series in SD from Box Office because I couldn't tape the HD broadcast. I don't want to watch Wrestlemania this way - so is there any way to get around this?

Watch it in hd , record a replay in sd

I've recently bought ROH Motor City Madness 2006 off eBay. I enjoy ROH and I'm not a massive fan just enjoy watching some decent matches every now and then. Now without giving any spoilers, is this event any good? And decent matches? Cheers

The top two matches, Danielson/Aries and Homicide/Joe vs Briscoes are both good and very different styles of matches. However they aren't as good as other stuff these combinations have had with each other.

Otherwise, Claudio/Richards is decent, but not as good as stuff they did in 2009, and Sydal/Hero is interesting as curiosity but would be much better if it happened today I'd imagine...

This might have been asked and answered already.....but why do wwe book bands/performers or use songs for promos for the live shows, only to edit them out for the DVD release? Was watching WM 27 and I noticed the covered For Whom The Bell Tolls with a generic in-house version. Why bother getting the rights if theyhave to change it for commercial release? Is it purely cost? Pain in the arse when you can clearly hear it's been dubbed over.

Edited by NorthSeaTiger

• Moderators

Because it adds to the spectacle of the live show, and they probably think that Kid Rock doing a shite 30 minute set might drive buys. It'd cost a shitload to license that for commercial video release as well though, so they understandably don't.

• Paid Members

Yup. Feb 17th 1997. LOD return against Headbangers, EcW presence including Taz v Mikey Whipwreck and Stevie Richards (mit bWo) vs Little Guido, Sunny at her bouncing best in an arm wrestling match with Marlena, and strangely enough an Undertaker vs Farooq main event. Ken Shamrock was in the audience.

Funnily enough I watched a good portion of the show on a Best of Raw tape and nearly posted how I wish Sunny had stayed clean and they had given her more to do in 1997, because her presence and promo (though borrowing heavily from Ravishing Rick) was awesome, and they could have made money off her for a good few more years. The way she prounces "New Yawkers" was enough to give me a semi. Bags of charisma, bags of fun, funbags.

• Paid Members

I was reading the other day that Vince McMahon once tried to get Howard Stern, as Fartman, for 'Mania one year. The deal fell through, as Vince wanted Stern to get beat up by a wrestler and Stern wanted Fartman to knockout the wrestlers with an air biscuit. What 'Mania was this planned for?

I've recently bought ROH Motor City Madness 2006 off eBay. I enjoy ROH and I'm not a massive fan just enjoy watching some decent matches every now and then. Now without giving any spoilers, is this event any good? And decent matches? Cheers

The top two matches, Danielson/Aries and Homicide/Joe vs Briscoes are both good and very different styles of matches. However they aren't as good as other stuff these combinations have had with each other.

Otherwise, Claudio/Richards is decent, but not as good as stuff they did in 2009, and Sydal/Hero is interesting as curiosity but would be much better if it happened today I'd imagine...

Cheers for that man. I got it for 5.50 off ebay and thats a steal for a ROH dvd. Just waiting for Royal Mail to deliver it now