UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

May well be asking the most stupid question in this thread but i can not remember the answer or even no if i no the answer but here goes...

At Survivor Series 97 what did Bret Hart think the finish was going to be?

• Paid Members
May well be asking the most stupid question in this thread but i can not remember the answer or even no if i no the answer but here goes...

At Survivor Series 97 what did Bret Hart think the finish was going to be?

Run in from Triple H, Rick Rude and Chyna when Bret refused the Sharpshooter for a DQ win for Bret. Leading to a brawl between DX and the Harts. Depending on the story you read, Shamrock and Undertaker were to run in as well and Michaels, Shamrock, Bret and Taker were going to brawl to set up a Four-way-dance at the next PPV.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Run in from Triple H, Rick Rude and Chyna when Bret refused the Sharpshooter for a DQ win for Bret. Leading to a brawl between DX and the Harts. Depending on the story you read, Shamrock and Undertaker were to run in as well and Michaels, Shamrock, Bret and Taker were going to brawl to set up a Four-way-dance at the next PPV.

Thanks just watching Jim Cornette's Timeline and he claims not to known the finish and I've heard other people to claim the didn't no the finish surely this would of give Bret a clue when nobody on creative knows the finish (Even though i bet they did.)

• Paid Members
Thanks just watching Jim Cornette's Timeline and he claims not to known the finish and I've heard other people to claim the didn't no the finish surely this would of give Bret a clue when nobody on creative knows the finish (Even though i bet they did.)

They went back and forth until the night of the PPV (Wrestling with Shadows has that infamous scene with a wired Bret talking to Vince about the finish). So it makes sense nobody on creative not knowing what was going on, as every possible scenario was discussed and nothing was decided until that night.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

Hi everybody, just joined the site. I'm a huge WCW fan and there's a piece of information I've never been able to find. Thought I'd post it here incase anyone can help!

Basically I need help identifying the wrestler who is Piper's FIRST opponent in the infamous "Team Piper Tryouts" from the March 3rd 1997 of WCW Monday Nitro. Here's the video clip (skip to the 5 minute mark):

The announcers don't mention his name and I can't find it on any online Nitro guides. I have already managed to identify everyone else in this segment (2nd opponent-Horshu aka Luther Reigns, 3rd opponent-Mike Tolbert, 4th opponent-Craig Malley, 5th opponent-Layton Morrison, 6th opponent-John Tenta) but I would really like to know the identity of the 1st opponent.

Any help or vague ideas would be very much appreciated! Oh, and it's definetely NOT Bill Goldberg before anyone says that...

• Paid Members
Hi everybody, just joined the site. I'm a huge WCW fan and there's a piece of information I've never been able to find. Thought I'd post it here incase anyone can help!

Basically I need help identifying the wrestler who is Piper's FIRST opponent in the infamous "Team Piper Tryouts" from the March 3rd 1997 of WCW Monday Nitro. Here's the video clip (skip to the 5 minute mark):

The announcers don't mention his name and I can't find it on any online Nitro guides. I have already managed to identify everyone else in this segment (2nd opponent-Horshu aka Luther Reigns, 3rd opponent-Mike Tolbert, 4th opponent-Craig Malley, 5th opponent-Layton Morrison, 6th opponent-John Tenta) but I would really like to know the identity of the 1st opponent.

Any help or vague ideas would be very much appreciated! Oh, and it's definetely NOT Bill Goldberg before anyone says that...

I saw you posted this on BritishTTB. How come your so interested or is it because it seems impossible to find out who it is? (Saw your reply on the other board.)

I saw you posted this on BritishTTB. How come your so interested or is it because it seems impossible to find out who it is? (Saw your reply on the other board.)

ha, yeh i've posted it in a few places, and i've also emailed like 50-100 wrestling journalists, webmasters and fans, and read dozens of wrestling magazines from the time too. yet still can't find a name for him.

there's no special reason for wanting to know really, i just have an odd fascination with obscure WCW trivia and facts lol.

also i'm currently writing a rather large book, and as a result i do a lot of wrestling research. not to toot my own horn too much, but generally i'm pretty damn good at uncovering any scrap of information i need, however small or obscure. however this piece of information has eluded me for years.

my best guess is that he was training at the wcw power plant at the time, alongside Horshu/Luther Reigns and Mike Tolbert. i figure surely he must have wrestled somewhere else at some point. or at the very least, trained as a wrestler for a good while. i just keep posting my paragraph in various places every so often, hopefully one day i'll bump into a fan, journalist or wrestler who recognizes him and can finally quench my strange curiousity, haha.

Edited by theassassin

• Moderators
Does anyone know the first country outside of North America to receive weekly and up to date WWF TV?

It started on Sky Channel here in 1984 or 1985 or something, so we might have a fair shout. Mind you, they were already touring Australia by November '85, so I'd guess they got it first.

Ok folks i'm trying to track down a "Forgotten" WWE match. I think it's from around 2004-05.

It was on RAW and it was either an 8 or 10 man elimination tables match, i can't remember everyone who was in it but i think it had Shane McMahon, The Dudleys and possibly Test and Scott Stiener in it.

That's about all i can remember, i loved it at the time so i'd quite like to go back and watch it again to see if it holds up as well as i remember it.

Any takers on this one?