UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

It was planned. It's in Foley's book. Funk coming down was of course to allow Foley recovery time, but that was probably planned too.

In his book I swear he claims that the bump through the cell was unplanned. I find that hard to believe though.

He says Funk took the chokeslam to bide some time, but I dont think that was planned at all. Just a veteran using his brain.

I think you're right. He doesn't shed a whole lot of light on the match in his book, cos i remember it was one of the things are really wanted to read about. They must of had a few things planned for the match, with the possibility that Mick Foley wouldn't be able to continue or do very littel after the 1st or 2nd bump.

I will buy that the first bump off the cage through the table was planned, but I won't buy that the chokeslam through the cage was, it's just way too dangerous. When they DID do that spot, in their next cage match, they had a gimmicked ring so that he took a bump into some padding - that suggests very strongly that the first one was a mistake.

IMO Foley was exceptionally lucky not to die that night.

I will buy that the first bump off the cage through the table was planned, but I won't buy that the chokeslam through the cage was, it's just way too dangerous. When they DID do that spot, in their next cage match, they had a gimmicked ring so that he took a bump into some padding - that suggests very strongly that the first one was a mistake.

IMO Foley was exceptionally lucky not to die that night.

I reckon the chokeslam was planned, cos he didn't even leave his feet. I think knowing that it probably would of killed him if he took a normal chokeslam bump. I still think the 1st bump was more dangerous. Theres no room for error on his landing.

I always reckoned it was planned too. Mainly because you see Undertaker carefully walking across the beam and avoiding the mesh whilst passing the edge of that section, and the fact that as hellacious as it looked, Foley still took the bump almost perfectly. It was also convenient that three sides of it completely gave way leaving one to act as a hinge like a trapdoor. And the cameras had already begun to zoom out before he had fell through the mesh, as though they were anticipating it.

In addition, if it was unplanned we would definitely have heard more about the aftermath of it. That would've been a pretty major health & safety breach, and Foley could have probably sued the WWF for more than he was ever going to make over the rest of his career with them.

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
When they DID do that spot, in their next cage match, they had a gimmicked ring so that he took a bump into some padding - that suggests very strongly that the first one was a mistake.

Or that it hurt a lot more than Foley thought it would, so the next time he did it there was stuff to break his fall.

• Paid Members
When they DID do that spot, in their next cage match, they had a gimmicked ring so that he took a bump into some padding - that suggests very strongly that the first one was a mistake.

Or that it hurt a lot more than Foley thought it would, so the next time he did it there was stuff to break his fall.

Read the last paragraph of page 198:

Terry Funk's book

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members

Read the last paragraph of page 198:

Terry Funk's book

Terry says they were both planned then. But the cage roof shouldnt have opened so easily.

Out of interest, what injuries during that match were attributed to what bump? In that extract, Funk gives the impression he got away pretty lightly from the first one.

I always thought the timing of the bumps in that match made it all the more insane. You'd think if someone was crazy enough to do something like that, they'd at least make sure it was their last act and they wouldn't need to put themselves through the additional agony of working on and doing more crazy spots for a few minutes. Even forgetting the chokeslam, that backwards 'piggy back' bump would surely be bloody sore as well, even if it wasn't on to tacks.

Has anyone ever been to a TNA TV taping in Florida?

Is ther anyway to g-tee entrance?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you email them and say you are coming all the way from the UK to see a TV taping they will sort guaranteed entry for you.

Was it not just that the chair hitting his face when he hit the mat that was unplanned. Think I read that in coleus book or the powerslam interview just after