UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Yeah someone on here mentioned a Bret/Shawn Ladder match at the Rumble. Not sure who be interesting to see where they got that info on. Alough it would made sense for Austin to face Bret at mania

It's in the massive Observer article from 1997. When they asked Bret to take a paycut, he asked McMahon what the coming months had in store if he were to stop and McMahon presented those plans to him.

Was just on WWE.com (first time in ages) and seen the WWE alumni list, it was just such a random list of names, does anybody know what the criteria is? Macho Man & The Warrior are on it but none of the TNA guys are, Animals on it but Hawk is'nt. The likes of Andre the Giant are missing but they have Billy Kidman & Lance Storm on it for fucks sake.

Because there's a Hall of Fame section (featuring Hogan, Flair, Andre etc.) and an alumni's section featuring the likes of Warrior and Savage who arent in the HOF.

So Bret wasent keen on dropping the WWF title to Austin at Mania?

• Paid Members

I think it might have more to do with the fact he was asked to drop 20 grand a week from his contract. If your employee offered you a chance to stick around but drop a shitload of money and still work that daft schedule for a product you didnt like or go elsewhere and make three times that for a limited schedule what would you pick? Especially after McMahon had offered him his blessing to go to WCW.

He did a stretcher job for Austin and made him look like a star throughout late 96 and early 97. And he knew for months he'd be losing to Austin at WrestleMania. He dropped the title to Yokozuna, Sid, Shawn Michaels and Bob Backlund. Austin would have been like Blackpool getting beat of Chelsea compared to this lot.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

I think it might have more to do with the fact he was asked to drop 20 grand a week from his contract. If your employee offered you a chance to stick around but drop a shitload of money and still work that daft schedule for a product you didnt like or go elsewhere and make three times that for a limited schedule what would you pick? Especially after McMahon had offered him his blessing to go to WCW.

He did a stretcher job for Austin and made him look like a star throughout late 96 and early 97. And he knew for months he'd be losing to Austin at WrestleMania. He dropped the title to Yokozuna, Sid, Shawn Michaels and Bob Backlund. Austin would have been like Blackpool getting beat of Chelsea compared to this lot.

While we re on the subject their was a raw match between Bret/Austin a street fight where Austin beat the crap out of Bret with a chair.

In regards to the question. Would I be happy to take a paycut with a 12 year career or go to WCW to get fresh new matches.

Hmmmm Id stick with WWE. Sure the extra money is good but loyality is better. I wouldnt be greedy with money and Id stay with the company before making wrestlemania 15 my final match. Id be happy to put austin over for the belt and have that final match in a years time at mania.

Iv searched google, but not really had much luck. Could someone point me in the right direction to old Wrestling event posters from the WWF, WCW, ECW, NWA and others.

www.completewwe.com has most (if not all) of the WWE ones

Iv searched google, but not really had much luck. Could someone point me in the right direction to old Wrestling event posters from the WWF, WCW, ECW, NWA and others.

www.completewwe.com has most (if not all) of the WWE ones

Just what i was looking for, cheers.

• Paid Members

Why was X-Pac called X-Pac?

Most wrestlers have a name that comes across as either a normal name (eg Lance Storm, Matt Hardy) or a character (eg The Undertaker) or even a bad pun (eg Hugh G Rection!), but what the hell does X-Pac mean? Is it slang, is it an acronym, is it from something? Anyone?!!!

• Paid Members

Most wrestlers have a name that comes across as either a normal name (eg Lance Storm, Matt Hardy) or a character (eg The Undertaker) or even a bad pun (eg Hugh G Rection!), but what the hell does X-Pac mean? Is it slang, is it an acronym, is it from something? Anyone?!!!

-When he was a kid he was a fast wrestler so he called himself "Lightening Kid"

-When he was in WWF he was called "The Kid"

-When he beat Razor Ramon in a shock victory and the fans chanted "123" at Ramon, they named him the 123 Kid.

-When he left for WCW, he was the sixth member of the nWo, so they called him Syxx (and because 1+2+3= 6)

-When they were in the Wolfpac, because of their gangsta style gimmick, Hall and Nash called him Syxx-Pac (as in Tupac).

-When he joined DX he became X-Pac.

Just like Pulp Fiction, it all makes sense in the end.

• Paid Members

-When he was a kid he was a fast wrestler so he called himself "Lightening Kid"

-When he was in WWF he was called "The Kid"

-When he beat Razor Ramon in a shock victory and the fans chanted "123" at Ramon, they named him the 123 Kid.

-When he left for WCW, he was the sixth member of the nWo, so they called him Syxx (and because 1+2+3= 6)

-When they were in the Wolfpac, because of their gangsta style gimmick, Hall and Nash called him Syxx-Pac (as in Tupac).

-When he joined DX he became X-Pac.

Just like Pulp Fiction, it all makes sense in the end.

Well, if you put it like that!