UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Does anyone know if there's a reason why C.M Punk always berates the use of alcohol and prescription drugs in his promos but (as far as I know) he's never mentioned recreational drugs (in the WWE anyway).

I'm sure more WWE fans are smoking weed and doing the odd pill or line than abusing prescription drugs, is it taboo mentioning drugs on WWE TV or something?

Does anyone know if there's a reason why C.M Punk always berates the use of alcohol and prescription drugs in his promos but (as far as I know) he's never mentioned recreational drugs (in the WWE anyway).

I'm sure more WWE fans are smoking weed and doing the odd pill or line than abusing prescription drugs, is it taboo mentioning drugs on WWE TV or something?

yes, it might be a bad idea, even in character, for a heel to accuse half the roster of taking illegal drugs, even if it is true.

• Paid Members
If the WWE were to bring back to the Cruiserweight Championship, which current WWE superstars would be within the weight limit to compete for the title?

According to Wikipedia (Yes, I know), the limit is 215lbs. Anybody below that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Cruiserweight_Championship

Edited by bAzTNM#1

215 in WWF and 225 in WCW I always thought, that's how Benoits and Disco Infernos and La Parkas could challenge.

The original cutoff point for the WWF Light Heavyweight Title was 225. I only remember that because of the Christian 'chicken suit' episode of Sunday Night Heat.

215 in WWF and 225 in WCW I always thought, that's how Benoits and Disco Infernos and La Parkas could challenge.

The original cutoff point for the WWF Light Heavyweight Title was 225. I only remember that because of the Christian 'chicken suit' episode of Sunday Night Heat.

I remember that too, he had to lose 1lb by the end of the show, and knackered himself out so much his opponent just squashed him.

• Moderators

That'd be about right then. The WCW Light Heavyweight title had a 235lbs weight limit, if I remember correctly, so people like Tom Zenk could get shots.

I remember that too, he had to lose 1lb by the end of the show, and knackered himself out so much his opponent just squashed him.

Same with Matt Hardy in his Version 1.0 days.

I think it was 215 originally, back in 1997. I'm sure Brian Christopher was billed at being at 212 pounds or so and had the heaviest billed weight.

It was definetly 215 when the Light Heavyweight Title was created in 1997.

It might have been 225 at one point, but I'm sure the Cruiserweight title was 220 towards the end of the run, as I remember thinking John Morrison would just qualify when he was being billed at 219.

• Paid Members
Anyone got any links for Kevin Nash,Bret Hart and Jake Roberts shoot interviews please?

You're probably best to see if the popular wrestling torrent sites are registering new members. They have a ton of "Shoot Interviews" on there. Links are below..

http://www.pwtorrents.net

http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net/

Sorry if its already been asked....When someone wins the WWE or World Title does he get money of that stature and is it all the same for everyone. As in, when say Khali won, did he get the same "Champion" wage as Mysterio, Edge, HBK?Not including individual contracts but a set amount added whenever someone wins the Big One? Sorry if its not clear...makes kinda sense in my head!!

• Moderators

I imagine you get more. If I'm not mistaken, you get your downside (which isn't much), then Vince pays you whatever he decides to pay you. If you are in main events it'd be more, I'd reckon.

Or at least that's what it used to be. Hence them always saying "Vince only offered me an opportunity".

Edited by ButchReedMark