UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

How did Hayabusa become H. Also did Hayabusa have a singles match in ECW I no he had the tag match at Heatwave 98

Basically Ricky Fuyuki as commisioner forced him to give up the gimmick and return to being Eiji Ezaki. After his final match a few months later, Fuyuki presented him with flowers as part of a retiral ceremony, only to smash them over Hayabusas head. Then the rest of Team No Respect came down and beat him, stripped him, and Gannosuke took his mask to become the new 'Hayabusa'. So Ezaki came back under the 'H' gimmick instead of his real name. Not quite sure on the reasoning for the new gimmick exactly, but FMW was pretty sleazy at the time, it was clearly one for the ladies.

I'm pretty sure he never done anything else for ECW other than the Heatwave tag. Earlier in his career he did work quite a bit in Mexico (including CMLL and Rey Sr's promotion in Tijuana), and he even had a spell in the Florida indies.

It's a shame he never done much in the US, I'd have thought WCW might've wanted him, he was amazing.

• Paid Members
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Virgin be broadcasting Wrestlemania this year? I usually watch it at home on sky but my sky has been playing up so am hoping to watch it at a friends house on virgin but we can't find anything to confirm that it's being shown. Anyone know for definite yay or nay?

Yep, Live the same as Sky. You only get repeats all day on Monday though.

Thanks Phenom, does it show up on the on demand listings the week before, same as sky?

Yeah, but you can't actually order it until the actual Sunday. It can be a pain, but at least they carry it I suppose.

Thank you, at least I don't have to worry about getting the sky fixed before then.

Be careful with Virgin Media lads. Last year, they didn't start showing the event until 45 minutes in. Virgin viewers last year missed the opener, the Orton triple threat match and all but the last 5 minutes of MITB.

How did Hayabusa become H. Also did Hayabusa have a singles match in ECW I no he had the tag match at Heatwave 98

Basically Ricky Fuyuki as commisioner forced him to give up the gimmick and return to being Eiji Ezaki. After his final match a few months later, Fuyuki presented him with flowers as part of a retiral ceremony, only to smash them over Hayabusas head. Then the rest of Team No Respect came down and beat him, stripped him, and Gannosuke took his mask to become the new 'Hayabusa'. So Ezaki came back under the 'H' gimmick instead of his real name. Not quite sure on the reasoning for the new gimmick exactly, but FMW was pretty sleazy at the time, it was clearly one for the ladies.

I'm pretty sure he never done anything else for ECW other than the Heatwave tag. Earlier in his career he did work quite a bit in Mexico (including CMLL and Rey Sr's promotion in Tijuana), and he even had a spell in the Florida indies.

It's a shame he never done much in the US, I'd have thought WCW might've wanted him, he was amazing.

I am 99% certain that I read in the Observer that he was under a very short term contract to WCW (like 30 days), but was never actually used whilst under that contract. From memory, I think he was due to wrestle a dark match at a Thunder taping against The Frog, but for some reason it ended up being cancelled.

]

Does anyone know if the WWF were interested in signing The Sandman before he went to WCW in 1999 as Hardcore Hak?

no they only had interest in raven , wcw only signed raven to get vince's back up. wwf didnt think that the sandman was an over enough charecter to draw money

• Paid Members
i was just wondering have the following matches ever taken place ?

chris benoit vs undertaker

undertaker vs goldberg

kane vs goldberg

doink vs the undertaker

many thanks.

Benoit/Taker has happend a couple of times over the years on smackdown, as well as combinations of matches with both of them in on PPV.

Taker/Goldberg didnt happen to my knowledge.

Not 100% on Goldberg/Kane, although i would of thought that happend at some point, speaking of which wasnt there a triple threat with Goldberg/kane and triple h from a PPV?

Not sure on the last one.

i was just wondering have the following matches ever taken place ?

chris benoit vs undertaker

undertaker vs goldberg

kane vs goldberg

doink vs the undertaker

many thanks.

Benoit/Taker has happend a couple of times over the years on smackdown, as well as combinations of matches with both of them in on PPV.

Taker/Goldberg didnt happen to my knowledge.

Not 100% on Goldberg/Kane, although i would of thought that happend at some point, speaking of which wasnt there a triple threat with Goldberg/kane and triple h from a PPV?

Not sure on the last one.

There was a Benoit/Undertaker match at Rebellion 2000 as well, and that Triple Threat was Armageddon 2003.

someone told me the otherday that the first wrestlemania was shown on terresteral tv is this correct ? and did channel 5 originally ink a deal to show nitro , thunder and ppvs but went back on deal after poor ratings for worldwide.

• Paid Members
someone told me the otherday that the first wrestlemania was shown on terresteral tv is this correct ?

I read somewhere before that Britain first got to see Wrestlemania 1 and 2 on Sky Movies, just before Wrestlemania 3.

I was under this impression also. A quick google has produced nothing concrete, I know even up to the very early 90's ppvs were still on sky movies as it was pre sky sports. I'd imagine this is a confusion between the wwf stuff that was on ITV sporadically during the dying days of world of sport.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Virgin be broadcasting Wrestlemania this year? I usually watch it at home on sky but my sky has been playing up so am hoping to watch it at a friends house on virgin but we can't find anything to confirm that it's being shown. Anyone know for definite yay or nay?

Yep, Live the same as Sky. You only get repeats all day on Monday though.

Thanks Phenom, does it show up on the on demand listings the week before, same as sky?

Yeah, but you can't actually order it until the actual Sunday. It can be a pain, but at least they carry it I suppose.

Thank you, at least I don't have to worry about getting the sky fixed before then.

Be careful with Virgin Media lads. Last year, they didn't start showing the event until 45 minutes in. Virgin viewers last year missed the opener, the Orton triple threat match and all but the last 5 minutes of MITB.

Aye, it came on at midnight for most people, but not everyone on Virgin.

And, im not so sure Virgin are going to show WrestleMania, on the Live Events Channel it's not advertising anything, and they usually have the event information up weeks before the actual show, Mania is only 12 days away and it's not even advertising on there yet, Royal Rumble was advertised like a month in advance. Also when you go to more on demand and click future events it doesnt advertise anything there either.

Got a bad feeling about this one.

• Paid Members
someone said to me that the first wrestlemania was shown on bbc 1 i find that impossible to believe.

Part of Wrestlemania 1 was shown as part of "World of sport" on ITV back in the day. It wasnt shown all in one go, just random matches i believe.

Hope that helps.