UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I recall a commentator once saying that Rey Jr wrestled as a 'Mini' at first when he was younger due to his height, but can't find any evidence. It is bullshit, does anyone know?

Bare in mind that Mysterio debuted professionally aged 14, so for the first 3 or 4 years of his career he was still growing.

So it is rational knowing how small he is now as a fully grown adult, that back when he was in his mid-teens he was somewhere around the 5 foot mark.

How tall is Tazz then? Is there much difference between Tazz and Rey Mysterio?

I'm around 5' 10.

Me & Rey Mysterio here ...

n544896053_1299459_1452.jpg

Me and Mikey Whipwreck here ...

n544896053_1299458_1051.jpg

Taz next to Mikey Whipwreck here ...

tazzmikey.jpg

So I'd have Tazz only a couple of inches taller than Mysterio, who must only be a legit 5' 3" or 5' 4".

Edited by dopper

What was the UWA docu-drama called that was on L!VE TV in 1999 called? And was it any good?

It was less a docu-drama and more an actual wrestling show. Had some decent matches on too amidst the craziness. Doug Williams v Stevie Knight had a particularly enjoyable bout.

• Paid Members
He was set to debut the moonsault at Starcade, but the match got cancelled.

Kevin "Consumate professional" Nash pussied out of the match, you mean.

I never understood that rumour. He had enough stroke to refuse to do take the move anyway. He got taken into hospital due to a heart scare (the same kind which killed his Dad off) and didnt turn up at the PPV. Wouldnt Nash have just refused to job and refused to take the move if he really didnt want to take it? It was the biggest money making PPV of the 90s up to that point. Why would he miss out on that payday?

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

He was set to debut the moonsault at Starcade, but the match got cancelled.

Kevin "Consumate professional" Nash pussied out of the match, you mean.

I never understood that rumour. He had enough stroke to refuse to do take the move anyway. He got taken into hospital due to a heart scare (the same kind which killed his Dad off) and didnt turn up at the PPV. Wouldnt Nash have just refused to job and refused to take the move if he really didnt want to take it? It was the biggest money making PPV of the 90s up to that point. Why would he miss out on that payday?

Every wrestling site pretty much reported as fact that Nash was shitting it to take the Giantsault. I don't blame the poor bastard, either. Anyone who let Paul Wight perform that move on them in the WCW Power Plant must have steel, water-melon sized balls.

Has Nash ever addressed this in any of his shoot interviews?

• Paid Members
Has Nash ever addressed this in any of his shoot interviews?

Yeah, several times. He says he had a heart scare, and he was the same age as when his Dad died of a heart attack, so he got himself checked out. He was on his way to the arena and didnt make it. Thats why WCW didnt announce the cancellation during the pre-game show or gave the Giant a replacement. Thats what I dont understand. He didnt have to take any move. Also, he wrestled and lost to the Giant countless times throughout 1998, and The Giant never did the moonsault in any of those matches, so he must have said "no" at some stage. It doesnt add up. I cant see Nash missing a show of that size because he doesnt want to take a moonsault. And to say he had a heart scare just to get out of it sounds even more daft.