UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anyone have a link to the episode of Big Brother from 2005 where the ECW One Night Stand poster/sign was held up?

Seriously, why on earth do you want to see a sign in the crowd?

Becuase I have neither friends or a life.

• Paid Members
Does anyone have a link to the episode of Big Brother from 2005 where the ECW One Night Stand poster/sign was held up?

Seriously, why on earth do you want to see a sign in the crowd?

Becuase I have neither friends or a life.

Don't be so hard on yourself Dill mate.

I can't see a discussion thread for the most recent edition of Impact so I'll ask this here:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Is there a reason they've taken RVD off TV? Does he have an injury/other committments/something else? It seems a shame to see his title run come to such an abrupt end. He was definitely growing into the role, IMO.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Re: above

Some places have said he rubbed TNA management up the wrong way with bad comments on the 'old guard' but I read an article after that saying he was only contracted to do so many dates and they came to an end. So not sure.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by RepoMan

Thanks for that.

That's what I feared. While I'm pretty much a TNA fanboy at the moment, I hate the sudden vacancies of World Titles. While the subsequent tournament (or often Battle Royal over in the WWE) can create a brief buzz - and I'm liking that the next two TNA PPV's are basically centered around the title tournament - it feels like really sucky planning, especially if the latter story is the case. To put the title on a guy you know you might only have for a limited time is pretty amateur. Mind you, so is taking the title off him if he had the gaul to criticise some people. Urgh, this sucks, I was really into RVD.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Thanks for that.

That's what I feared. While I'm pretty much a TNA fanboy at the moment, I hate the sudden vacancies of World Titles. While the subsequent tournament (or often Battle Royal over in the WWE) can create a brief buzz - and I'm liking that the next two TNA PPV's are basically centered around the title tournament - it feels like really sucky planning, especially if the latter story is the case. To put the title on a guy you know you might only have for a limited time is pretty amateur. Mind you, so is taking the title off him if he had the gaul to criticise some people. Urgh, this sucks, I was really into RVD.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just like Mick Foley, the ONLY reason RVD is off TV is because they've used up all his dates. He may have criticised the roster, but TNA dont care. He's a big star who they feel is above the rules. RVD is Hogan and Bischoffs boy. They havent suspended him. He's probably only off television, so he can come back strong and win it on the biggest show of the year in October. The fact they have kept him undefeated and strong and Hogan put him over in such a massive fashion last week and this week, shows he's no where near the dog house.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Just like Mick Foley, the ONLY reason RVD is off TV is because they've used up all his dates. He may have criticised the roster, but TNA dont care. He's a big star who they feel is above the rules. RVD is Hogan and Bischoffs boy. They havent suspended him. He's probably only off television, so he can come back strong and win it on the biggest show of the year in October. The fact they have kept him undefeated and strong and Hogan put him over in such a massive fashion last week and this week, shows he's no where near the dog house.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

What I don't understand is why does it keep happening? Do they have no long-term plans with these wrestlers or are they happy to take what they can get regardless of the rushed endings they have to use?

It just seems a strange way of running a business to me.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

The above is no longer relevent to the spoilers as its a completely different topic, so I might as well answer the question about TNA's contracts here. To the best of my knowledge, TNA sign them to short term appearance based dates. Thats why everyone is up in arms about the Hogan deal, because he's contracted to Panda Energy. Bascially meaning, he gets his money whether he turns up or not. Flair, Foley, RVD and Hardy were signed to contracts based on appearances. Like WWE resigned Foley in 2005, he had to wrestle a certain amout of dates for them. TNA just overbooks everyone. Foley initially was supposed to be a part time attraction, but there was a period where he was wrestling on Impact everyweek during the Main Event Mafia vs Frontline days. Same reason why Sting disappears every now and again as well. TNA should just chill the fuck out with overbooking its workers if they need them down the road. Flair and Hardy were booked for something like 60 dates or something. Hardy, RVD and Flair seem to be on every show, and occassional house shows.

The contracts just roll on though, if they are both in agreement.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

I can understand them wanting to use them, but then obviously if they do want that then they need to be signing them to different contracts really. Either that or not book themselves into a corner with long term plans that can't be finished properly etc.

• Paid Members
Anyone got a link to the old FWA theme music for Dean Ayass' "Old School" stable. Loved that theme.

Take a look here.

Louch, as I'm posting - I'm not 100% certain, but I think you're referring to Tony (Mama)Luke of the FBI?

Anyone got a link to the old FWA theme music for Dean Ayass' "Old School" stable. Loved that theme.

Take a look here.

Louch, as I'm posting - I'm not 100% certain, but I think you're referring to Tony (Mama)Luke of the FBI?

thought it was him, cheers