UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

In terms of his work in wrestling, or elsewhere, who the fuck was Wink Collins, the guy who played the quizmaster on the TeeVee trivia skits (including that one lambasting Ted Turner), and appeared on Raw one night to plug Wrestlemania 14 tickets? Cheers.

That would be Kerwin Silfies the WWF/E TV guy. He also played Goldusts usher at around late 95

Now I feel stupid. When the WWE last toured, I recognised Kerwin Silfies and said hello. He was a nice bloke and seemed quite touched there was a geek that cared enough about his work. I didn't recognise him at all in that guise though.

Cheers

• Paid Members
New question: Does anybody know of any footage that exists in some deep dark vault of the Public Enemy vs The Smoking Gunns match that went on before the Survivor Series? Cheers.

From Survivor Series 1995?

I've never watched it, or seen the footage available on a compilation. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

New question: Does anybody know of any footage that exists in some deep dark vault of the Public Enemy vs The Smoking Gunns match that went on before the Survivor Series? Cheers.

I've never watched it, or seen the footage available on a compilation. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that SSeries. I know it was a dark match, but it was basically a tryout for TPE I think, so I wondered if, like those ones that pop up on Youtube, it had been taped.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that SSeries. I know it was a dark match, but it was basically a tryout for TPE I think, so I wondered if, like those ones that pop up on Youtube, it had been taped.

I've always wondered about the Benoit 1995 WWF tryouts, where they ever recorded too? There is a brief clip on that DVD of his. Him managed by Ted DiBiase.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Now I feel stupid. When the WWE last toured, I recognised Kerwin Silfies and said hello. He was a nice bloke and seemed quite touched there was a geek that cared enough about his work. I didn't recognise him at all in that guise though.

I wouldn't have pegged him as Kerwin either. On the Billionaire Ted vignettes he looks more like Jeremy Beadle.

I've always wondered about the Benoit 1995 WWF tryouts, where they ever recorded too? There is a brief clip on that DVD of his. Him managed by Ted DiBiase.

I would be certain that all this stuff exists in the WWE vaults somewhere. Dave Meltzer has often written about the fact that he has seen the Tom Magee vs Bret Hart tryout match, where McMahon and Patterson thought they had found there next Hogan in Magee. I also have a dark match compilation of stuff from the early part of the decade featuring the likes of the Dupps, Scott Vick, Brock Lesnar, Rico Constantino, Randy Orton etc. plus a Jerry Lynn vs American Dragon match.

Has a Hardcore Title Defense ever main evented a show?

I think Big Show defended the Hardcore title in a triple threat match against Rock & Angle after No Way Out 2001 (although it could of quite easily been a WWF Championship match under hardcore rules). There's also the possibilty that Undertaker may have defended the title in the main event when he was Hardcore Champion.

• Paid Members

I think Big Show defended the Hardcore title in a triple threat match against Rock & Angle after No Way Out 2001 (although it could of quite easily been a WWF Championship match under hardcore rules). There's also the possibilty that Undertaker may have defended the title in the main event when he was Hardcore Champion.

I'm fairly certain I remember a Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker match for the Hardcore title main eventing an episode of Smackdown (I think it may have been a rematch from a PPV a few nights before if that helps).

I'm fairly certain I remember a Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker match for the Hardcore title main eventing an episode of Smackdown (I think it may have been a rematch from a PPV a few nights before if that helps).

I don't think they've ever fought on PPV. But as mentioned before when Undertaker had the Hardcore Title they did put more prestige to the title, so it's likely he defended it in a main event.

I know the common word was that he pissed A LOT of people off backstage in the WWF, but can anybody actually give me some known stories from shoot interviews etc of the things Don Callis did to wind people up, and who in particular he had run-ins with? Cheers

Just watched the Scott Hall RF shoot from 2007 again, such an awesome interview. What I would like to know is, how many shoots has Scott Hall done, by himself apart from this one and the one he did with Nash? Are the others any good or is it the same ground covered again?