UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Is there such thing as Deathmatch wrestling in the uk and do female uk wrestlers do them at all?

Have Death Matches happened in the UK? Very infrequently, but yes.

Only "Death Match show" I am aware of, however, was by Germany's WXW at the end of 96 at the Hippodrome in Colchester which involved Zack Sabre Jr, Ian Rotten, Mickie Knuckles, Steve Douglas, Bad Bones and others.

I imagine the local media went nuts about that event. "BAN IT!!" etc.

There was a reporter from the local paper in attendance at the show, and promoter Dann Read jumped in the ring and cut a promo on him.

• Paid Members
Is there such thing as Deathmatch wrestling in the uk and do female uk wrestlers do them at all?

Only "Death Match show" I am aware of, however, was by Germany's WXW at the end of 96 at the Hippodrome in Colchester which involved Zack Sabre Jr, Ian Rotten, Mickie Knuckles, Steve Douglas, Bad Bones and others.

I imagine the local media went nuts about that event. "BAN IT!!" etc.

There was a reporter from the local paper in attendance at the show, and promoter Dann Read jumped in the ring and cut a promo on him.

I don't remember this, mind the show did start about eight hours late, meaning the vast majority of people had to leave well before the end, so I guess it could have happened towards the end...

As for female death match workers in the UK? I'm pretty sure there are none.

'96 at it had Zack on the show? What was he, 9? :duh:

I assumed he meant 06...

Yes I did. :blush:

When exactly did Chris Jericho first turn face in WWF and what was the story?

from wiki

After losing to Chyna at the Survivor Series 1999,[21] Jericho won his first Intercontinental title at Armageddon.[22] This feud with Chyna lasted for many months, including a controversial decision during a rematch in which two separate referees declared each one of them the winner of a match for the title.[23] As a result, they became co-owners of the title until Jericho attained sole ownership at the Royal Rumble.[24] Jericho's subsequent alliance with Chyna, coupled with growing enthusiasm for his ring work and mic skills, effectively turned him into a fan favorite. Shortly thereafter, he began a feud with Kurt Angle, dropping the title to him at No Way Out.[

• Paid Members

Did punk band The Misfits have a connection with WCW in it's later years, other than Vampiro looking like he could be a member and coming out to one of their tracks.

I seem to remember they appeared on WCW programming, am I just making that up?

Did punk band The Misfits have a connection with WCW in it's later years, other than Vampiro looking like he could be a member and coming out to one of their tracks.

You remember right . Jerry Only did a few matches at the end of 99

• Paid Members

You remember right . Jerry Only did a few matches at the end of 99

Seems surreal watching it that.

Cheers :)

• Paid Members

From Jericho's Twitter..

After working in the WWE for ten years I wrestled the Undertaker for the first time ever tonight. A true legend and a great experience.

Surely can't be the first time they've grappled?

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members
From Jericho's Twitter..

After working in the WWE for ten years I wrestled the Undertaker for the first time ever tonight. A true legend and a great experience.

Not sure of the date, but on an episode of Smackdown during the attitude era, there was a fatal four way; Undertaker Vs Chris Jericho Vs Kane Vs Chris Benoit

From Jericho's Twitter..

Not sure of the date, but on an episode of Smackdown during the attitude era, there was a fatal four way; Undertaker Vs Chris Jericho Vs Kane Vs Chris Benoit