UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Anybody have a copy of Hogan's nWo theme? It's a Jimi Hendrix song, and it contains various nWo related soundbytes. Thanks.

Isn't it just "Voodoo Chile"?

It's "Voodoo Child", can't blame you though, sometimes when you're just listening to music it's hard to tell exactly what their saying.

It means voodoo child, but the song is actually entitled "Voodoo Chile", from the album Electric Ladyland.

Also, sorry I didn't read the questio properly - no idea about the soundbytes.

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4eUMH-Qu0k

• Paid Members

I have this Jake Roberts soundbyte in my mind. I believe it's from a WWF PPV. Anybody know where it came from?

"...but you made a fool out of people........"

"....and you humiliated them..."

Thanks.

EDIT: It's Wrestlemania 6, before his bout with DiBiase. Anybody got a transcript? Cheers.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members
Anybody have a copy of Hogan's nWo theme? It's a Jimi Hendrix song, and it contains various nWo related soundbytes. Thanks.

It's "Voodoo Child", can't blame you though, sometimes when you're just listening to music it's hard to tell exactly what their saying.

It means voodoo child, but the song is actually entitled "Voodoo Chile", from the album Electric Ladyland.

Found it!

The Hogan song is Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Voodoo Chile is a different track (a 15 minute jam) on the same album.

Found it!

The Hogan song is Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Voodoo Chile is a different track (a 15 minute jam) on the same album.

That's not how it reads on my sexy naked-ladies gatefold sleeve version of the album...

I have this Jake Roberts soundbyte in my mind. I believe it's from a WWF PPV. Anybody know where it came from?

"...but you made a fool out of people........"

"....and you humiliated them..."

Thanks.

EDIT: It's Wrestlemania 6, before his bout with DiBiase. Anybody got a transcript? Cheers.

I've lifted it from this awesome thread.

Gene Okerlund: Jake

• Paid Members
Why? Because everything you stand for is on the line, mainly, the million dollar belt.

Isn't the line namely the million dollar belt?

• Paid Members

Found it!

That's not how it reads on my sexy naked-ladies gatefold sleeve version of the album...

That's a cataloguing error from the original vinyl release which is corrected on some CD editions. The CD I have has a booklet with Hendrix's handwritten notes on the album including his preferred running order and he has it as Chile (15 minute track) and Child (Hogan theme) respectively.

• Paid Members

On the same subject, I've just read that WCW paid $100,000 to use Voodoo Child. Did WWF/WWE have pay the same fee to the owners of the track back in 2002 when Hogan used it or did the deal run until a certain period and was picked up by the WWF in 2001 during the sale of WCW. I ask because if they didn't have the deal in place, surely they could have just made do with Real American upon Hogan's return instead of shelling out another 100 grand for a theme they didnt really need to use.

On the same subject, I've just read that WCW paid $100,000 to use Voodoo Child. Did WWF/WWE have pay the same fee to the owners of the track back in 2002 when Hogan used it or did the deal run until a certain period and was picked up by the WWF in 2001 during the sale of WCW. I ask because if they didn't have the deal in place, surely they could have just made do with Real American upon Hogan's return instead of shelling out another 100 grand for a theme they didnt really need to use.

:omg: Does it really cost that much to use an artist's song?

Found it!

That's a cataloguing error from the original vinyl release which is corrected on some CD editions. The CD I have has a booklet with Hendrix's handwritten notes on the album including his preferred running order and he has it as Chile (15 minute track) and Child (Hogan theme) respectively.

Touche.

Or, to put it another way, fuck off smartass. :p

:omg: Does it really cost that much to use an artist's song?

depends on the artist.

some let people use them for free, providing you give them a plug. others charge a fuckton of money because they can get away with it.