THE BAWBAG FIFTEEN~!~!~!

Kenny McBride

As far as gear goes, I'd put Falcon, Wolfy, Con, BMW, Fight Club and a few others right up there with anyone in Britain in terms of nice gear that fits them (literally and metaphorically) perfectly.

I think Falcon looks kinda funny with the (kinda) new top half of his gear. He looked better with just the tights.You can also add Jason Rotunda to that list, but I guess you probably haven't seen him yet. Liam Thompson also has nice gear that fits him perfectly. More will come to mind soon enough.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

On another note surely James Wallace has to be amongst the top if not number one.

He'll be there. I never nominated him myself, going for the whole "lets not vote for any reason other than wrestling" angle. I'd be incredibly surprised if his wrestling doesn't get him some votes here too, as he's another one who's hit and miss.

If someone from SWA is on the list the post fly in with "look how bad these guys are instead" and vice versa.

There hasn't been much in the way of defence for Abraxas or Killian. Those guys are SWA guys. Where is the posts that are flying in ?
Yes but there has been some "look how bad these guys are instead" posts defending SWA guys purely for the reason that the person making the post has a problem with someone from the SWE. When you take part of my comment and quote it out of context it doesn't work the same :thumbsup:

Yes but there has been some "look how bad these guys are instead" posts defending SWA guys purely for the reason that the person making the post has a problem with someone from the SWE.

It's as valid an arguement as any, when you consider what the point of the thread is. It's good that it's more well known names making the list though, because it goes to show that the talent in the decent promotions up here is good enough, that the shit talent is still good.I may have quoted it out of context, but my point still stands. They never defended Abraxas and Killian, because they didn't feel strongly enough about how good they are in the ring. It might have something to do with the likes of Micken being SWA that they made the comments, but they genuinely feel that these are guys with talent and are coming out and saying so. How they choose to do that is up to them. As I say, the "look at THEM" is just as valid an arguement as any. I won't be using it untill the list is out and complete.

• Paid Members

I won't be using it untill the list is out and complete.

At least you are capable of holding on, its a pity a few other couldn't. :thumbsup: If they genuinely believe those are the guys with talent then i will put my hands up and admit i am wrong. But it's fairly obvious they have a problem with the SWE as well!

Yes but there has been some "look how bad these guys are instead" posts defending SWA guys purely for the reason that the person making the post has a problem with someone from the SWE.

It's as valid an arguement as any, when you consider what the point of the thread is. It's good that it's more well known names making the list though, because it goes to show that the talent in the decent promotions up here is good enough, that the shit talent is still good.I may have quoted it out of context, but my point still stands. They never defended Abraxas and Killian, because they didn't feel strongly enough about how good they are in the ring. It might have something to do with the likes of Micken being SWA that they made the comments, but they genuinely feel that these are guys with talent and are coming out and saying so. How they choose to do that is up to them. As I say, the "look at THEM" is just as valid an arguement as any. I won't be using it untill the list is out and complete.
Reading through it I think, in a small way at least, the comment may reflect comments I made. In fairness, I didn't defend anyone on the list nor have I bashed them. I pointed out my surprise (not over whom, just general surprise) and pointed out that its up to the voters why they voted the way they did... and I wouldn't argue that. Despite the negative topic of the thread, I recognize that its here for fun. Why not keep it that way?However, I have defended people not on the list. Not even defended them... merely gave my honest opinion on Renwick and Gunn.I'm not bashing anyone, especially someone I haven't seen :) Edited by Evolution

To be honest, I've never even heard of SWE until this thread. Not sure how that happened, but hey. I have heard of a couple of their guys, however, mostly due to their exploits elsewhere. To be honest, there's always going to be people jumping in to defend their mates making a list like this. But the fact that some of these people are workers in their own right, I'll agree, does come across pretty badly and unprofessionally. I'm never a big fan of actual wrestlers getting involved in fan forum-type discussions, as the instances of it being done maturely and objectively are few and far between.In a list like this, and especially the way the Scottish "scene" is, there's always going to be voting made on personal grudges. Shit happens. The fact that this thread (and idea in general) seems to be bringing all that out in the open kinda makes the Scottish scene look a little lame (not that the Shitarse thread made the English scene look much better, actually), but I guess that's the nature of the beast.Still, the writeups are funny as fuck, so it's worth a read =)

• Paid Members

The trouble I have is that virtually everyone on this forum that writes about Scottish wrestling seems to be either:- a promoter- a wrestler- a trainee- someone who helps out at shows- etc.A high percentage seem to be "involved" in some way, and so I naturally find it difficult to take any opinion offered without a huge pinch of salt. People jumping in to defend guys and saying "this guy's not bad at all" means absolutely nothing.There are only certain people on this forums who I know are just fans (Haraga, for instance, or have I got that one wrong too?) or who's opinions I have come to trust over a number of years (Kenny) that I can honestly read and come away from in the knowledge that there is no bias, intentional or otherwise.As an outsider, it is impossible to even begin to form an opinion on what you expect Scottish wrestling to be like through the UKFF since the unusually high "insider" involvement means I know I've never going to be getting a clear picture. At times, it almost seems like the 'keff is Scottish wrestling's social networking site...

Edited by Big Benny HG

Bawbag_McKay.jpg

No. 6 - "Highlander" Colin McKay

Another Bawbag who got his name from a film. Also has had a million tag teams named "Highland <some adaptation of his partner's name>." Which is shit. He's not even from the Highlands. I think he's from Lanarkshire.

McKay runs BCW. That wouldn't be bad except that they couldn't draw money if you covered them in glue and dragged them through Fort Knox. Seriously, with Misawa making his first ever appearance in Britain, they drew less than 100 people. Then again, they put the show on in CARLUKE and didn't advertise it. OK, nobody mentioned that in a nomination. It just boggled my fucking mind. Still, I was in the front row and got on Japanese TV with the cheesiest grin of all time on my face. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. In nominations, someone did say "rubbish little man." Nothing else. "Fair comment," said I. Somebody reckoned he had so little skill he should be renamed "Fumbles McStupid," which I think is a KILLER~ gimmick just waiting for the right wrestler. Someone else noted the Bawbaggery of making himself BCW's openweight champion. Here's a point worth noting - the only Scottish promoter who didn't receive a single nomination was Ross from PBW. You know who the only promoter who's never even booked himself, never mind put himself over? Yeah, you guessed it. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway, Highlander. Once bladed during a bodyslam. How much of Bawbag do you have to be to do that? Scurfs young boys for shits and giggles, perhaps because he's not capable of serious physicality with full-sized men. Seriously though, he's not awful. I mean, not Rob McKai awful anyway. He's just so unbelievably bland and dull and dreary and has done absolutely nothing of any interest whatsoever at any point during his short - though it seems insufferably long - and pointless career. As long as he remains any kind of focal point, he should rename his promotion Bawbag Championship Wrestling.

McKay runs BCW. That wouldn't be bad except that they couldn't draw money if you covered them in glue and dragged them through Fort Knox.

:laugh:That is fucking fantastic. It's not the top three I was hoping for, but I'll settle for it. The Highlander is another one who has made me rethink my thoughts on him in the last 12 months. The openweight title thing bugged me to no end. I mean, I was fucking DEVASTATED when he won that title. Utterly broken. I couldn't move for the next three or four minutes, such was my disgust and horror. This is scant consolation for that horrible moment. :(