The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

• Paid Members
Only ones I've read are Hulk Gray and World War Hulk, both of which are really really good, I think they are more or less up there as some of the 'big' Hulk books.

Cheers. Will give them a shot.

I'm getting a tad frustrated with waiting for more new 52 Batman tpbs. I guess that's the down side to not collecting the monthlies. The Joker tpb is out at the end of the month and next month there's a few so it's not to long to go for the next batch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Hey there BatFans. I was in Waterstones earlier and picked up Batman Heart of Hush and Batman Prey. They had the TPB of Joker Death of the Family. That was very tempting but am I right in thinking it will spoil the upcoming TPB of Batman vol 3 Death of the Family and should be read after it? Confusing this spanning multiple titles lark.

Edited by DEF

I believe the Joker one is just the tie ins, so no its not essential and probably best to read the Snyder/Capullo main part first if you're reading it separately as it'll give away the ending otherwise. The tie ins aren't essential reading anyway, the Batgirl bits were great though and there was on issue of Batman & Robin that was really great.

• Paid Members
I believe the Joker one is just the tie ins, so no its not essential and probably best to read the Snyder/Capullo main part first if you're reading it separately as it'll give away the ending otherwise. The tie ins aren't essential reading anyway, the Batgirl bits were great though and there was on issue of Batman & Robin that was really great.

That's what I figured. Seems weird they would release the Joker TPB before Bats vol 3 though which got me wondering.

Vol.3 of Batman was supposed to be out in October but got put a month at the last minute.

General question, is V For Vendetta any good? Its another one I know gets alot of praise, similar to Watchmen (I know that they are Alan Moore titles), but have never taken the plunge and actually read it

Quick question having recently bought the first New 52 Batman: Court of Owls trade, how many trades will it be and what tie-in comics are worth reading with it?

The storyarc finishes in the following trade which is 'City Of The Owls'. Volume moves onto a new storyarc, not sure what tie ins go with Court/City of Owls

• Paid Members
Quick question having recently bought the first New 52 Batman: Court of Owls trade, how many trades will it be and what tie-in comics are worth reading with it?

The storyarc finishes in the following trade which is 'City Of The Owls'. Volume moves onto a new storyarc, not sure what tie ins go with Court/City of Owls

The tie ins are in the trade Night of Owls. I've not read it myself. Funnily since reading Court/City I'm really haunted by Owls. It's made me see them in a whole new light. Really creepy. Great book.

'Batman Night of the Owls', which collects Batman #8-9, Batman Annual #1, Nightwing #8-9, All-Star Western #9, Catwoman #9, Batgirl #9, Batman: Dark Knight #9, Batman and Robin #9, Birds of Prey #9, and Red Hood and the Outlaws #9.

'City Of The Owls' collects Batman #8-12 and Batman Annual #1.

Anyone what TPB DC are collecting Batman #18 - #20 in?

Edited by DJM

Has anyone been collecting the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection?

For some reason I completely missed it's existance until the last week or so when I stumbled over it by accident.

More to the point, if anyone has been collecting it and doesnt want their collection anymore please let me know!!

(Here's the wiki page with a list of the books in the series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_...vel_Collection)

The t'other half gets this it's a great collection well put together and packaged. Ive only read number 1 so far, Iron Man. It seems an excellent idea for those who dont necessarily collect comics in the traditional sense to have a very wide view of the Marvel Universe with lots of things inc Civil War covered.

'Batman Night of the Owls', which collects Batman #8-11, Nightwing #8-9, All-Star Western #9, Catwoman #9, Batgirl #9, Batman: Dark Knight #9, Batman and Robin #9, Birds of Prey #9, and Red Hood and the Outlaws #9.

'City Of The Owls' collects Batman #8-12 and Batman Annual #1.

I want to get both of the TPBs myself, but it seems that I will end up paying about