The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

Just watched Dark Knight Returns Part 2, wow. The best DC animated movie so far, killer stuff.

I wouldn't have it as the best DC Animated Movie (Batman: Mask of the Phantasm still holds the top spot though I need to watch it again to be sure). The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 and Part 2 are near the top of the list. I strongly recommend them.

Edited by The Natural

• Paid Members

Quick one,

I mentioned it a while ago, but I have gone and set up a comic book review site! It's just for fun and stuff, and am in need of some help filling up the site.

At the moment, I'm mainly focusing on collected volumes/movies/games/etc, [but have a section for random issues], and if anybody would like to contribute by either reviewing new stuff or any older books we don't already have listed, then please drop me a line and we'll sort something out.

Link is in my sig but otherwise its comic-collective.com !

Let me know if anybody is interested

Just watched Dark Knight Returns Part 2, wow. The best DC animated movie so far, killer stuff.

I wouldn't have it as the best DC Animated Movie (Batman: Mask of the Phantasm still holds the top spot though I need to watch it again to be sure). The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 and Part 2 are near the top of the list. I strongly recommend them.

I watched it last night. It is very good. To call it the best I can see why people would say that. It's hard to disagree. My fav's are still Phantasm and Red Hood, but DKR part 2 is not far behind at all, just a shame I didn't find part 1 all that great, it's good but DKR part 2 put's it to shame.

I watched it last night. It is very good. To call it the best I can see why people would say that. It's hard to disagree. My fav's are still Phantasm and Red Hood, but DKR part 2 is not far behind at all, just a shame I didn't find part 1 all that great, it's good but DKR part 2 put's it to shame.

I understand why people would say it's the best. The other contenders to that title are Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, both parts of The Dark Knight Returns (I preferred Part 1) and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (uncut version). In the next tier I'd have Batman: Under the Red Hood and Wonder Woman. I also like Batman: Year One but I didn't like the voice for Batman.

Edited by The Natural

Just got through watching Dark Knight Returns: Part 2. Loved it. Just had a look to see if they had brought the release forward or not becasue there are alot of torrents up for it now, both DVD rip and Blu Ray rip, but its still not scheduled to be released until the 29th in the US.

Just got the Gotham Knight mini-collection to watch now....oh, and the other 90 odd episodes of the Animated Series, which I'l be doing on my holiday time next month

• Paid Members
Talk of writing and coms... this has reminded me..

Where's ChrisB at these days?

He's out and about, saw him on Wednesday - he's just been busy writing, finishing his second novel and also writing a new story serial for his blog.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Any Daredevil fans knocking about? To be honest the character had never interested me in the VERY little I'd read but I vaguely liked the Directors Cut of the Affleck movie. Finally read Frank Miller's Born Again after having had it on the pile for months. Bloody brilliant sums it up pretty well. Its made me an instant fan. Do any of you know continutity wise what graphic novel/tpb follows it? Its the first time I've been REALLY interested in reading a Marvel character since I quit reading Spiderman aged 13. I highly recommend Born Again.