The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

From the Guardian:

<snipped>

EDIT: didn't clock the date of the article.

Yeah we've already discussed this, I posted this a while back when Ian R Crane's site had been hacked into following the publicity Crane received from this article.

Someone on FB posted youtube links for Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura, I'm yet to see them, going gradually watch them all.

Watching this one first:

Big Brother - presumably about the surveillance state / CCTV.

I'll post my comments after watching, feel to watch then discuss :)

So, what WAS your take on this? And someone asked you about the holocaust, where are you on that?

Duane, what do you think of the holocaust?

A bit random you should ask me that? :omg:

Have you heard a conspiracy theory about it, what's the relevance Neil?

Anyone seen the Ventura - Big Brother video I posted? What's your views?

Personally I thought it was a very good programme. Funny seeing June Sarpong on there. It must help the fact Ventura has the high standing in society of being a former state governor to gain him access to interview people, who might not otherwise speak to him if he was Alex Jones for instance.

Going to check this one out later:

Conspiracy Theory - Jesse Venutura: Secret Societies

That Ventura series is hilarious. Sensationalistic far beyond the point of parody. The moment you realise that one of his 'team of researchers' is the June Sarpong of T4 fame is the best bit.

I'm not even necessarily saying the theories he's investigating are false, though I believe they are, but if you view that show as having a modicum of journalistic validity you're being had. That Alex Jones has anything to do with it damns him worse than any of the other nutty shite that he's done.

The network who produce the show even seem quite open about the fact that it's not to be taken seriously. From Wikipedia:

'The "Police State" episode surmises that various prison-like facilities built around the country will be used during martial law for the internment of citizens who are deemed a threat to national security. However, officials have stated the facilities are emergency FEMA camps for the housing of civilians displaced by hurricanes or other natural disasters.[9]

Another allegation that focused around a private facility outside Covington, Georgia, was the stockpiling of thousands of plastic bins alleged to be used for mass burials. The company that runs it is Vantage Products, the country's largest manufacturer of burial liners, and the facility is their storage site.[10]

In a response to the criticism, Misty Skedgell, a Turner spokesperson, described Conspiracy Theory as an "entertainment program that appears on an entertainment network."[11]

• Paid Members

Dude, don't be so bloody lazy! If you're gonna post a link at least say what it is so people know if they wanna click it!

For the benefit of everyone else, this is excellent footage of a UFO sighting over Jerusalem last week. What I found interesting about this is that Tuesday night me and my mate saw a UFO, not saying its aliens or anything like that, just that it was flying really odd. Changing direction sharply, lights going really bright then back to flashing. Was all a bit bizarre, so when I come online the next morning and see the headline about a UFO it was freaky timing!

• Paid Members

Dude, don't be so bloody lazy! If you're gonna post a link at least say what it is so people know if they wanna click it!

For the benefit of everyone else, this is excellent footage of a UFO sighting over Jerusalem last week. What I found interesting about this is that Tuesday night me and my mate saw a UFO, not saying its aliens or anything like that, just that it was flying really odd. Changing direction sharply, lights going really bright then back to flashing. Was all a bit bizarre, so when I come online the next morning and see the headline about a UFO it was freaky timing!

It's a viral ad for Battle LA.

• Paid Members

Really? That's a fucking cool idea! What's Battle LA?

• Paid Members

Really? That's a fucking cool idea! What's Battle LA?

IMDb page for World Invasion: Battle LA