The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
There's no use trying though J-me. As soon as he gets a mobes in his tiny hand then it will all go to hell.

"i wnt beanz n tost 4 din plz mom"

You should see him on my iPhone :cry:

He's having to have therapy as he's not talking yet. It's hard enough trying to teach him to speak without knobheads like this spouting drivel.

Other shows like In the Night Garden and Teletubbies aren't as bad because even though they have their own language it's narrated properly. How hard is it really for others to do the same?

• Paid Members
There's no use trying though J-me. As soon as he gets a mobes in his tiny hand then it will all go to hell.

He's having to have therapy as he's not talking yet. It's hard enough trying to teach him to speak without knobheads like this spouting drivel.

Other shows like In the Night Garden and Teletubbies aren't as bad because even though they have their own language it's narrated properly. How hard is it really for others to do the same?

Waybuloo is narrated properly by the characters themselves so it's no worse or better than the programmes you mentioned. My daughters love it and the 'made up' language in it doesn't seem to have confused them at all.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

Waybuloo is narrated properly by the characters themselves so it's no worse or better than the programmes you mentioned. My daughters love it and the 'made up' language in it doesn't seem to have confused them at all.

No it's not. At all.

Edited by Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

No it's not. At all.

Yes it is. If you're saying that Derek Jacobi is narrating In The Night Garden properly by constantly talking about uff uffs, Ninky Nonks and Pinky Ponk juice, then Nok Tok and the gang are narrating it properly talking about cheebies and tricky kicky, as far as I'm concerned.

• Paid Members

No it's not. At all.

Yes it is. If you're saying that Derek Jacobi is narrating In The Night Garden properly by constantly talking about uff uffs, Ninky Nonks and Pinky Ponk juice, then Nok Tok and the gang are narrating it properly talking about cheebies and tricky kicky, as far as I'm concerned.

Do you understand what narration is?

Say for example, Makka-pakka was going to go catch the Ninky Nonk to visit the Pontipine children.

The narration would be, "Makka-pakka is going for a ride in the Ninky Nonk to visit the Pontipine children."

If the Piplings 'narrated' that it would be "Makka-pakka ride on Ninky Nonk to see Cheebies!"

They don't narrate what's going on at all as they are part of what's going on.

• Paid Members

Say for example, Makka-pakka was going to go catch the Ninky Nonk to visit the Pontipine children.

The narration would be, "Makka-pakka is going for a ride in the Ninky Nonk to visit the Pontipine children."

If the Piplings 'narrated' that it would be "Makka-pakka ride on Ninky Nonk to see Cheebies!"

So your suggestion is that a character cannot narrate something whilst appearing within the actual scene themselves? If so, then that's completely wrong.

The Piplings almost always describe the action much along the lines of a narration so they can tell the story as they go along, such as "Dee-Li water her garden with Nok-Tok helping!" or something.

This feels so wrong arguing about this when I'm supposed to be writing an article about fake boobs.

• Paid Members

So your suggestion is that a character cannot narrate something whilst appearing within the actual scene themselves? If so, then that's completely wrong.

The Piplings almost always describe the action much along the lines of a narration so they can tell the story as they go along, such as "Dee-Li water her garden with Nok-Tok helping!" or something.

This feels so wrong arguing about this when I'm supposed to be writing an article about fake boobs.

I didn't say that. My point is that the lack of properly constructed sentences in the show makes it, in my opinion, Shit.

• Paid Members
I didn't say that. My point is that the lack of properly constructed sentences in the show makes it, in my opinion, Shit.

Well, you said that the Piplings don't narrate but judging by the examples you gave yourself, they actually do.

As for properly constructed sentences, I'm not worried about toddlers coming out with grammatically perfect dialogue and I don't expect them to be still watching Waybuloo when they should be talking all proper.

All these children's programs with poor grammar and madeup words are bad IMO. When I was a kid Floella Benjamin used to read proper fucking stories and lo and behold my language use is vastly superior to most kids growing up nowadays.

All these children's programs with poor grammar and madeup words are bad IMO. When I was a kid Floella Benjamin used to read proper fucking stories and lo and behold my language use is vastly superior to most kids growing up nowadays.

O RLY?

I'd wager that your private education was more of a factor than Auntie Flo.

I was in state schools until 13, at which point I could both speak and write, something kids of 18 seem to struggle with nowadays.

And don't belittle Flo, you racist.

DOUBLE POST SAVE:

i woz in state skools wen i woz firteen innit. an i still talk proper and all gramer and shit

flo was da bomb. racist.

Edited by Loki