The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
I will give the crazy homophobe props for this lovely little Back to the Future related dig at a fellow X-Factor winner though

Ā 

steve brookstein ā€ @stevebrookstein

Ā 

"Hey Alexandra, it's your cousin Marvin....Marvin Burke. You know that mediocre generic sound you've been looking for, well listen to this!

That would be funny, but....you know..... it's Steve Brookstein.

Now I love a good conspiracy theory more than most... but chemtrails?! Come on.

Ā 

I read a fair bit about chemtrails a few years ago. Estonia (I think) has the highest level of eye witness reports to date (few years ago) There was also talk that they were using this method to spray the Avian Flu onto villages in Japan. Obviously bullshit seen as how the Avian Flu completely flopped so to speak.

• Paid Members
I will give the crazy homophobe props for this lovely little Back to the Future related dig at a fellow X-Factor winner though

Ā 

Ā 

"Hey Alexandra, it's your cousin Marvin....Marvin Burke. You know that mediocre generic sound you've been looking for, well listen to this!

Ā 

I'd take Brookstein over Leon fucking Jackson.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'd take Brookstein over Leon fucking Jackson.

Ā 

Threeway~

• Paid Members

One of my mates posted a link to this site on Twitter; it's a website where you can watch indie produced films for free.

Ā 

Having a look through, I found an interview/documentary with Dan Aykroyd on UFO's and I've been listening to it at work this morning. To say that he's a believer is somewhat of an understatement, if one of my friends went on about stuff like he does here, I'd think they were crazy. Or, with my friends, that they'd spent too long watching conspiracy videos on YouTube on an acid comedown.

Ā 

In any case, have a watch/listen: http://www.indiemoviesonline.com/watch-mov...plugged-on-ufos

That's the thing though, I don't mind people getting excited about stuff that might exist or phenomenon that can't really be explained. So unidentified flying objects, until they're definitively identified, are fascinating; cryptozoology is fascinating. Paranormal psychic ability is fascinating. Most people who get into Fortean stuff probably do so because of an innate fascination with the fringes of science; I certainly did.

Ā 

What's really stupid is people believing absolute shit that's easily explained away and that falls well within the normal boundaries of science - like chemtrials, or Rods, or 9/11 conspiracies. There's no point in speculating about that stuff, as scientists can already explain it. It's when you start disbelieving the entire scientific community on the grounds that they might all be lying for some reason, that you spin off into conspiracy territory.

Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: also, just started watching this documentary posted above, and it is exactly like this!

Ā 

Ā 

Even his voice is the same.

Ā 

If Einstein had told us UFOs were real, would we have believed him?

Ā 

He never spoke about it.

Edited by Loki

• Moderators
That's the thing though, I don't mind people getting excited about stuff that might exist or phenomenon that can't really be explained. So unidentified flying objects, until they're definitively identified, are fascinating; cryptozoology is fascinating. Paranormal psychic ability is fascinating. Most people who get into Fortean stuff probably do so because of an innate fascination with the fringes of science; I certainly did.

Ā 

What's really stupid is people believing absolute shit that's easily explained away and that falls well within the normal boundaries of science - like chemtrials, or Rods, or 9/11 conspiracies. There's no point in speculating about that stuff, as scientists can already explain it. It's when you start disbelieving the entire scientific community on the grounds that they might all be lying for some reason, that you spin off into conspiracy territory.

Ā 

This is a pretty fine explanation, and I feel exactly the same.

Ā 

As far as Dan Aykroyd goes, he's always been wacky, and just gets wackier as the years go on. Ghostbusters was written out of his love for the paranormal, and he even has his own brand of vodka that harnesses THE INCREDIBLE POWER OF THE CRYSTAL SKULLS

Ā 

Dan_aykroyd_Crystal-Head-Vodka-e1301752483132.jpg

Ā 

That's not a joke btw.

Ā 

Dan Aykroyd and partner John Alexander are interested in the legend of the 13 crystal skulls. It was from this inspiration, in 2007 they came up with the concept for Crystal Head Vodka. The heads are thought to offer spiritual power and enlightenment to those who possess them, and as such stands not as a symbol of death, but of life. Their vodka product is the result avoiding the use of additives during creation.