Official Darts Thread

Dai

Not quite sure what Barney did other than try and raise his hand

To me, it looked like Taylor's issue was that Barneveld kept hold of his hand in an awkward way and tried to pull him back after the handshake - I'm no lip reader, but it looked to me like what Taylor said as he was pushing him away was "don't pull my fucking hand you cunt" or similar.

Total overreaction, and yes he is a grade-A prick, but you can sort of understand it given the adrenaline and the importance of his hands to his profession.

Yeah that looks like the reason.

I get the adrenaline point, but surely when Barney was trying to make amends Taylor did not have to be such a cunt, Barney tried to say sorry twice. It was clear Barney meant no harm in the first place.

So I understand why he was pissed of initially, but the way he went about it and continued is still unreasonable. It was a good job that was not Kevin Painter!

I've watched darts for a while but those two legs by Michael van Gerwin, a nine-darter and coming so close to a second was something else, amazing.

Phil Taylor's said sorry to Raymond van Barneveld over his actions:

Phil Taylor has admitted he is ashamed of his actions following his semi-final victory over Raymond van Barneveld in the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship at Alexandra Palace.

The pair were involved in an angry confrontation on stage after 15-time world champion Taylor had beaten his old rival 6-4.

Taylor rounded on a bemused Van Barneveld when the pair shook hands and they then exchanged words and gestures with Taylor appearing to push his head into Van Barneveld's chest at one point.

But Taylor told Sky Sports News he has now said sorry to Van Barneveld and the Dutchman has accepted his apology.

He said: "It's upset me of course it has. To put the record straight, Raymond is a very strong lad and when he shook my hand and pulled me he hurt me a little bit.

"That was all it was and I reacted, to be honest with you, disgracefully. I am ashamed of myself and I feel terrible.

"I have texted Raymond and I have spoken to him and there is nothing else I can do really, only apologise for it. It will never happen again.

"Whatever the PDC decide, chuck the book at me, they can do whatever they want to do - but that's what happened.

"I'm ashamed because I really like Raymond. He loves me to bits and that's why I am really hurt about it because we both think a lot about each other. But we get over it and we move on."

Credit: skysports.com

When was the last time Taylor felt the need to say sorry? I ask as I can't remember.

That was not what happened. The hand thing I mean. Which is evident by the massive "Get it up ye" during his celebrations, and then Taylor had a go at him after the initial handshake. It was after that Barneveld kept a hold of the handshake. He was wondering what the hell was going on.

Taylor will have been told to use that as the excuse and rightly too. Probably the best way to sweep it under the carpet. It was clear from the pre-match that there was a lot of tension there though. Probably because Barneveld said he didn't fear him and would like to play him. He took the huff. Fat sex pest prick.

Yeah, you can see he shouted something at Barney after he won. Some will say he was shouting at the crowd, but you can see its aimed at Barney.

Barney is still perplexed by it all, he is dumbfounded to why Phil was so angry. Taylor making out they are back on good terms and it was "nothing" is not accurate.

When was the last time Taylor felt the need to say sorry? I ask as I can't remember.

I can't recall him ever saying sorry.

There are a few double standards here though.

Firstly, this is the same man who moaned about "filth" on the stage when Mason told him what people though about him in 2006, yet he used the same "filth" with Barney last night.

He bemoaned Paul Nicholson doing his harmless trash talk and took offense, but he still trash talks Barney with that "fear" bollocks in a much more venomous way. Amazingly he was the one out of him and Barney he took offense, despite Taylor revealing that Barney was suicidal on SKY TV which is Barney's private business.

Baz - Yes he always moans when the crowd are against him, yet when he is winning and the crowd are loud he embraces them and entices them to be louder, still he scolded Adi Lewis for playing to the crowd when he lost to him in Ireland a few years back.

I hope that the crowd has turned on Taylor. The added fact that MVG is incredibly popular right now might add to that.

If MVG hits the ground running in the final the crowd will be 100% on side. Taylor will have no idea how to deal with that.

That scenario would really add to what on paper promises to be a cracking final! The darts crowd to get slagged off & rightly so for some of their terrible behavior, But what you can't take away from them is that they cheer who they want & don't let anything like patriotism get in the way.

Is there another sport anywhere in the world, Where out of the four remaining competitors you have two born in the country the tournament is located & two foreign players. Yet on the whole it was the foreigners that were cheered & home advantage counted for nothing.

Fucking hope the crowd tonight give Taylor the booing of his career. What he did to Barney was as unprofessional as I've ever seen from Taylor. The arogant man needs a good bashing on stage from MVG and a chant to The Power of "thanks for coming" thereafter.

Cannot stand that prick Taylor, even more so after what he did to RVB.

I can't recall him ever saying sorry.

He bemoaned Paul Nicholson doing his harmless trash talk and took offense, but he still trash talks Barney with that "fear" bollocks in a much more venomous way. Amazingly he was the one out of him and Barney he took offense, despite Taylor revealing that Barney was suicidal on SKY TV which is Barney's private business.

Phil Taylor was a cunt for saying that about Barney. What an insensitive wanker for saying that on TV.

Wade came across worse than Taylor in my opinion. Unless the camera missed it briefly, it didn't even look he even acknowledged MVG for the 9-darter and then the loose handshake at the end was just as poor and pretty classless. Depression or not he is a sore loser and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.