Official Darts Thread

Dai

But the PDC bunch have never been there specifically for the darts have they? It's always been about dressing like a twat and singing football songs while getting smashed. If you actually want to watch darts then you go to the Lakeside.

True to an extent. They always woke up for cracking games though, and if someone was playing well, they'd at least pretend to care. In the last few tournaments, it got really bad. Still not nearly as bad as it was in Glasgow for the PL.

King should have beaten Van Gerwin. He missed a load of crucial doubles. Not sure whether its a case of King getting worse, or Van Gerwin finally starting to live up to his hype.

MVG averaged 98+ so he was certainly playing out of his skin, and has been for a few months now.

20111229_155612.jpg

From his interview today, loving the CM Punk tshirt

Well goodbye Nicko :angry:

Also how the fuck has his oppenent pulled his women, a podgy midget with a supermodel, he must be hung like a horse or something.

She is stunning isnt she, the producer loves her a bit

• Paid Members
http://audioboo.fm/boos/605766-nicholson-r...kes-world-darts

Paul Nicholsons interview from after the match! It's hilarious.

Hilarious it may well be but he's right about the crowd not being interested. There was a ridiculous amount of shots of Huybrechts Missus throughout the game.

Agreed. He can't really play te panto villain role, then moan when he gets booed. I don't mind him at times but he needs to tone it down. There was a moment where he hit a big checkout (170?) and then the other boy hit a maximum to start the next leg and he shook his hand. That was a nice touch. He either needs to get a thicker skin or ditch a wee bit of the "character".

• Moderators
But he's got to live with it. He's such a little brat it's unbelievable, and that's coming from a fan.

Exactly. I'm loath to use wrestling terminology when it comes to darts, however I think it's especially appropriate here. He wants to be the "cool heel" so much it borders on the pathetic. It's blatant to me that he wants to be just like his stalkee Punk, even down to the way he's seen by the crowds. If he can't take not getting the reaction he wants, he should drop the schtick. It's not like he's got a booker telling him he's got to do it.

Great win for Hamilton but really the question we all want to know is

HOW DID HE PULL HER??

20111230_154911.jpg

Wow, special game there from Part/Wade, especially that last set which was unreal at times. The pressure made them into machines. Not sure if it's "ZOMG best ever!" as sky are saying because it was pretty poor for quite a bit of it and not sure how Part got back to 3-3 but it was great drama after that. Also, what a top bloke John Part is, that was one of the most gracious losing interviews I've heard in a while.

EDIT - Yeah, the PDC darts crowds can fuck off.

Edited by Baz Windham