Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

• Paid Members

I'd have had a lot more interest and care of what was said on here, if it was said with the right reasoning behind it. So much of what is in this thread has not been said like that. But it reminds me of a ghost from my past, one Steven Gauntley. Steven's always been criticised on a way too personal level, more than he has business too; in my view, with things brought up that are beyond poor taste and blatantly unnecessary. And this is why, whilst I'm surprisingly willing to accept there ARE good people and decent people who post on here; I'll just generalise and tar with the same brush, purely because it's quicker to do so. And this is why I've made the comments I've made that could be classed as not entirely suitable.

As I've pointed out before, if you run a wrestling show, that show is fair game for critism by anyone that witnesses it - it is not your duty to come here and shoot down anyone who doesn't think you are doing something amazing. It is their right to think you are crap the same as it was HatGuy's right to think my shows and anyone else's shows are crap. You can't crucicify the fans for having their say no matter what it is. Your shows are presented to the public fair game for attacks by anyone for any reason. Coming on here and throwing your toys out of the pram over a bad review makes you look worse than any bad review.Once you put yourself on your shows (and quite a bit from what I hear), you as a character, performer and person are open game for reviewing, criticising and damning abuse. That is the life of someone who puts themself in the public eye no matter what scale it is on. Once again, rising to it and striking back only hurts you.HatGuy, as said, is one of a very select few that will give any show a try with an open mind and feedback his well-written, honest feeling as a consumer. He is absolutely entitled to do this. If it stops a couple of people from going to your shows then so be it. What will stop more people is coming on here and having a moan about being victimised or making excuses.The best you could do here (which you seem to have tried, albeit badly) is thank him for the review, take on board his thoughts, ignore the flamers and go back to the drawing board and do the thing that you are so passionate about to the best of your ability in hope on constantly improving your product making it appealing to more and more people.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*EDIT*Well, I made an effort to be okay with you all, and no-one can say I didn't; I did try and speak and clear things up a little. I did try to be polite enough, in the end. And Herbie, all I ever did was ask you what your problem was with me, considering you don't know me one bit, and thank god I don't and won't ever know you. You're in no position to criticise anybody as far as I see it, considering that I've seen a hilarious MySpace photograph of some dribbling smart mark gimp of the highest degree with one promotion's tshirt on and another promotion's replica title belt over his shoulder! Professional. REAL professional. It frightened me that you're in power over anything more than your own right hand.So my final question is when are you all going to shut up? If you hate me that much, why are you all still talking? I thought you all had a life, and such amazing things to do?

No offense dude, but talking like that is really quite pathetic... taking it to a personal level is just ridiculous. Why you would make the effort to go on the guys myspace page to see what you could possibly find to point out and take the piss out of. And what is unprofessional about him having a companies T-Shirt on with a title belt on his shoulder? You try to make yourself out to be the british Paul Heyman and clearly model yourself based on him, kind of "Marky" if you ask me Mr. Stainforth. Your in no position to critisize anyone's professionalism when you have just made yourself look like a complete idiot by insulting alot of people. Yes you can say that you don't care what people think, but clearly you do, or else you wouldn't have back tracked and made that attempt of desperation apology. Why you are called the internet icon is fucking beyond me...And as for your final question, nobody is going to shut up because I think they enjoy winding you up as it is really fucking easy. If you don't care for these people, why are you still talking? And for the record, I'm sure everyone has a life, i think your the one who really needs to get out a bit more...Mr. Internet Icon Edited by Popcorn

• Moderators

We're probably being a bit mean, especially on the poster issue. I mean, he is the main draw, it's only right that he put himself into the promotional material.

PTW.gif

OH GOD IT'S SELF REPLICATING, TEAR ALL THE POSTERS FROM YOUR WALLS BEFORE HE ESCAPES AND TAKES OVER

Edited by Sickboy

• Paid Members

And Herbie, all I ever did was ask you what your problem was with me, considering you don't know me one bit, and thank god I don't and won't ever know you. You're in no position to criticise anybody as far as I see it, considering that I've seen a hilarious MySpace photograph of some dribbling smart mark gimp of the highest degree with one promotion's tshirt on and another promotion's replica title belt over his shoulder! Professional. REAL professional. It frightened me that you're in power over anything more than your own right hand.

Ya know, from looking at Herbie's myspace, I see a personal page (not intended to promote himself in a professional capacity) belonging to a guy with a wide range of interests, who seemingly enjoys himself, certainly seems to be in his photos, including the one you mention. Nice picture with the FWA title, although I'd be a little more impressed if it were the WWF Intercontinental title (I always loved that). He also seems to have a varied musical taste, not to mention excellent taste in movies, although, Bridget Jones? Really? His TV preference also seems wide and pretty good. He's married and he hasn't logged into his myspace in nearly a month. In short, the guy has a life.Now, as far as the current barrage of abuse you're receiving is concerned, ask yourself why, really why? You see, I very much doubt you'd be in this situation had you not completely dismissed not only a genuine critique, but probably one of the most qualified in the country. UK Hat Guy travels around, he visits many a show, his only agenda is to enjoy himself. He's not a Smart Mark (a term which you appear to over use, suggesting you don't fully understand it's meaning, but then, who does?) He's simply a fan of good wrestling shows and he's probably seen more first hand than you or I could probably dream of. People on this forum know it, so when you make such a blatant faux pas as you did with him, they're gonna jump all over you.So if you really want to know why people are picking on you, you need look no further than yourself.

Yes I am on the roster, but I haven't wrestled for PTW as yet.

Is that because of your not very good and arent properly trained? Just curious.
Its simply because there hasn't been a suitable opponent as yet. But I am scheduled to wrestle at the next show on the 31st.

Its simply because there hasn't been a suitable opponent as yet. But I am scheduled to wrestle at the next show on the 31st.
Suitable opponent? Are you so special that it requires a sepcific type of opponent for you to showcase your talents properly?

Suitable opponent? Are you so special that it requires a sepcific type of opponent for you to showcase your talents properly?
No, but I'm 5'2" and petite, putting me up against an 18 stone, 6' bloke wouldn't be a believable match would it? Booking has to make sense. I would have thought people on here would realise that.

• Paid Members

Well she did spend 52 weekends in a row being trained by Jake Roberts. Man, they must have been some benders.

• Paid Members

No, but I'm 5'2" and petite, putting me up against an 18 stone, 6' bloke wouldn't be a believable match would it? Booking has to make sense. I would have thought people on here would realise that.

Arent there other females on the roster? Why not fight one of them instead of an 18 stone 6' bloke?