Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

• Paid Members

Peter - you know that I gave PTW a chance, and you know I found the show I attended to be horrible. However, I was willing to give it another shot, after our interesting AIM convos, it just didn't work out for me to make it to any of the shows.However... you need to be less fucking touchy, and accept what is genuine criticism from one of the few people on here who genuinely has no interest in being involved in shows, yet is knowledgable enough and goes to enough shows to be a legit critic. I mean, I've no wish to be involved at all, but I have only been to a fraction of the shows that Hat Man has attended.So I suggest instead of a hissy fit and the generic anti-smark comments, you take on board the criticism, or follow through for once with your promise/threat of leaving this awful, awful forum that is killing wrestling.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pointless trying to offer sound advice to someone who, despite not actually being a wrestler, puts his photo alongside the wrestlers (and sometimes right at the front) on all his posters and advertising.It would be like WWE promoting a Smackdown house show by using a big picture of Teddy Long, with a few jobbery-looking wrestlers behind him.Am I the only one who wants to draw up a "Britwres-Shitcunt-list" of untrained or untalented worker/promoters and give that list to Hitman89762000 along with a massive box of hand grenades??

The worst thing about all this is that a show in Stevenage is really, really easy for me to get to.

If it was a promotion I had heard good things about, or there were a bunch of wrestlers on the show I had at least heard of, I would almost certainly go see it!

As things stand, I would not waste

• Paid Members

"A lot of people will tell you we're better now"The people you put on your shows that can't get work elsewhere because they are untrained do not count. Before Aphrodite or Hailz jumps in on that to defend their beloved ptw, that means you too.

Firstly, I am not untrained, I was trained by Jake Roberts and Phil Powers, and still train with Jem Brown, and secondly, I work for several other promotions.
"Trained by" as in "Paid Edited by the-it-boy-quentin-hyde-styles

This is PTW signing off the forum that is single handedly killing UK Wrestling with its arrogant and selfish members, far more than any "bad" show; for good.

An unbiased fan giving an honest review of your product is killing off british wrestling is it? When All Star and Co are drawing some fantastic numbers by putting on great shows, with top quality workers I don't quite think so. Erm, so how is this killing UK Wrestling? Or you mean a fan that has actually seen a dvd of PTW and realised how poor quality your promotion is, is actually killing your promotion?

Back in reality, not enough people read this forum for it to kill anything.

I have no personal opinion on PTW having never witnessed a show, abide I've heard plenty of other peoples to suggest that there's certainly something in what UK Hat Guy posted. And here's the thing, if you think that responding in that fashion to fans who have in all fairness watched a show, disliked it and then decided to voice that opinion on a fan forum is at all called for or professional, I'd suggest going and doing something that makes you happy that you can profit from - neither of which I'd imagine are happening here.

Really, just perspective required here - if the UKFF makes so little difference to your bottom line that you're willing to post a vitriolic rant against all and sundry upon witnessing negative feedback, why not just ignore it? I have no doubt from experience that it's true - advertising on here whilst costing nothing probably does make no or little difference to your draw, but it seems utterly counter productive to post like that as a promoter and risk turning people away.

Oh yea, and if this finds it's way into a PTW promo on a show, I guess enough said lol...

I just had a mental image of him stopping people as they enter the venue of his show going..do you post on the ukff??yes?? ok off you go get outtahere!!cos he's hard see he dont need the internet!

im sorry.. i lol'd here.. that would be awesome! :laugh:

I just had a mental image of him stopping people as they enter the venue of his show going..do you post on the ukff??yes?? ok off you go get outtahere!!cos he's hard see he dont need the internet!

It's why he's got that clipboard...ahh your UK HAT GUY eh?? sorry no entry for you ginger!!

It's why he's got that clipboard...ahh your UK HAT GUY eh?? sorry no entry for you ginger!!
he'd have to change his name..UK HARD-HAT GUY!!!!

PS would be handing out leaflets saying "DEATH TO THE UKFF" on the front. Not sure what it'd say on the inside. I guess that's up to him. Maybe a picture of UKHG with a big red cross over it.

He'll book himself in a match with someone who looks just like hat guy and go over him in 10 seconds after the fingerpoke of doomhe'll then get on the mic and proclaim he's kiled the internet...man this jokes running its course quickbutI will say seriously if all the good promoters and wrestlers really did care for this scene theyd do a hell of a lot more to put these people out of business come on how about it ricky len sanjay dan (Edler/ Read) greg etc etc etc time to put up or shut up!! you either want the scene to flourish or you dont give enough of a shit to do something about it! (and in saying that I still have more respect for ya than i do for these unprofessional cunts like staniforth fitch sprules the pcw lot and the rest of the fucking cunts)