Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said to myself I'd not reply....Still, who cares, it's only a message board, eh? StreamingAssumedName....If it was that bad, instead of on here, why not say something TO me on the night? I'd listen, assuming it was said respectably instead of the overly personal tone taken.Or is that far too rational thinking for you?It was my son's birthday. So I brought him into it for the night. Do I give one damn what you think about that? No I don't. Want to tell him to his face he doesn't belong in there? It's called a bit of harmless fun, in an overly serious business of people up their own arse (present company included), and if you cant accept that; well it's not me with the problem.This forum can rot. As far as I'm concerned, all of the self righteous egotistical get themselves noticed allegedly "smart" marks on here can go to hell. Though, to me, you're already there. PTW doesn't need UKFF to draw fans. We've had one hand's worth come out in 14 months. From here on in, PTW will be the only UK promotion with the balls to stand with our middle finger up at UKFF and say "screw you, we dont NEED you". And we'll be proud of the fact, that unlike a lot of the people in the UK wrestling scene who hate this forum but won't admit it - we're clear in how we feel, and we stand by it.So have fun talking about us. Because that's all you're doing. It's not as if we're on forums talking about you! And that's all that I need to say.This is PTW signing off the forum that is single handedly killing UK Wrestling with its arrogant and selfish members, far more than any "bad" show; for good.

HAHA!You sir are a freaking idiot, I applaud UKHG for his post - I have heard off various people that PTW is like a freakshow. Your so upset that your signing off the forum for good? I have a song for you - 'Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Hey Hey - GOODBYE!' Edited by feelthebang

So have fun talking about us. Because that's all you're doing.

Well its more fun than watching PTW.
I beg to differ; PTW shows are the most I have laughed at a wrestling show for a long time!

Also, someone needs to tell the story about Peter responding to the police being called to his venue by getting in the ring and making veiled death threats. Do Tim or Mojo still post here?

If you *ever* come on MSN or remember to ask me next time I see you I'll fill you in...

This is what bothers me about this.UK Hat Guy is clearly someone who doesn't care about PTW and have an agenda. He has given some constructive criticism. And for what ? Well, PS is quite simply not willing to listen to a word. He's doing things his way. He's happy with his 100 a show and putting out guys that don't look like wrestlers. I know for a fact that he's booked some good outsiders. One of them being Micken, who I have a lot of time for as a wrestler, and I feel sorry for him having to work with a twat like this.I don't normally speak out so much against people on the UK scene because I don't know much about it, but I know enough from this thread to know that PS is someone who has let his ego get the better of him. He thinks he is the be all and end all. You can see he's ignored the biggest promotion in the UK, All Star, to prove a point about his promotion. That either shows severe ignorance or severe arrogance. Either way, it's pretty pathetic.

From here on in, PTW will be the only UK promotion with the balls to stand with our middle finger up at UKFF and say "screw you, we dont NEED you". And we'll be proud of the fact, that unlike a lot of the people in the UK wrestling scene who hate this forum but won't admit it - we're clear in how we feel, and we stand by it.

You're proud of ignoring a free advertising medium?One that's viewed by thousands of consumers that fall into your target market?Highly illogical.

The main problem with PTW, in my eyes, is that there are far too many guys on the roster, of whom many are just not ready to be wrestling in front of a crowd. I've told Peter this myself, after the show I went to in Wakefield. He had some good wrestlers on the show, like the fantastic Martin Kirby, Dragon Aisu, Jon Cameron and 3Some (and G the Ghetto Superstar was pretty decent too, from memory). But to counterbalance all that, people like Mr Portugal, Shabazz and Jay Cool just have no business in front of a crowd.Look to Phil Powers for a good model of putting on shows - he has about 5 matches usually, with about 8-14 guys. That roster is made up of some cracking guys like Jonny Storm, Jace the Ace, Frankie Sloane, Doug Williams as well as younger guys like Ringo Ryan, Zulu Prince and Zack Sabre Jr, and women like Erin Angel and Klondyke Kate. Granted, not everyone has that kind of budget, but using less guys will allow to afford some higher quality talent - even if they aren't a Doug Williams or a Phil Powers, there's some great wrestlers out there to chose from.

Edited by Big Rob

Look to Phil Powers for a good model of putting on shows - he has about 5 matches usually, with about 8-14 guys.

BCW and PBW up here have used the same formula and it has worked terrific. BCW RARELY put on a show with more than five matches anymore, and you won't find me complaining about it.

"A lot of people will tell you we're better now"The people you put on your shows that can't get work elsewhere because they are untrained do not count. Before Aphrodite or Hailz jumps in on that to defend their beloved ptw, that means you too.

Firstly, I am not untrained, I was trained by Jake Roberts and Phil Powers, and still train with Jem Brown, and secondly, I work for several other promotions.

Look to Phil Powers for a good model of putting on shows - he has about 5 matches usually, with about 8-14 guys.

BCW and PBW up here have used the same formula and it has worked terrific. BCW RARELY put on a show with more than five matches anymore, and you won't find me complaining about it.
Its not about the matches...well it is but its gotta be more of the standard of the participants in the matches for me.

This is PTW signing off the forum that is single handedly killing UK Wrestling with its arrogant and selfish members, far more than any "bad" show; for good.

Wow. Wrestling in this country is fucked if a forum of at most about 3000 people (and realistically, there are only a couple of hundred that post remotely regularly) can do more harm than the a number of promoters putting on shite shows that turn people away from British wrestling forever. Thank God we have all those promoters ON the forum to remind us that their shows AREN'T shite and that, in fact, everything bad is the our fault. After all, we're the ones who buy tickets even when the shows are bad and then talk about them. What fools we have been...

I think his line of reasoning is he just wants fans there that offer no comments other than positive ones.The problem with that is the very minute you enter the business you have to accept theres gonna be negative comments as well as positive the difference is how you deal with the critticisms the more professional promoters take the comments on board and will debate them...the ones like fitch sprules gauntley the rest of the pond life like them choose to turn around and say fuck off and follow that with the following:''you aren't a wrestler so can't say anything''''...oh and toddler looses hands or something''''we'll do you for slander''''i paid everyone your all lying bastards''and this guy telling the UKFF its all OUR fault WE'RE killing the scene by choosing to speak out against the ones causing it damage (and they know this hence why they attack us cos they know we're bang on about them)sooner vince does that european wwe thing the better cos hopefully he'll kill off the cunts running the shit feds.

sooner vince does that european wwe thing the better cos hopefully he'll kill off the cunts running the shit feds.

No. It will kill off everything. Good and bad. It's not like they only wiped out the outlaws in the 80s, is it? The British wrestling industry needs to stand on its own two feet, burning off the dead wood for its own sake. Then there might be some hope of presenting some sort of united front and fighting off an industry-choking WWE takeover of our country.

sooner vince does that european wwe thing the better cos hopefully he'll kill off the cunts running the shit feds.

No. It will kill off everything. Good and bad. It's not like they only wiped out the outlaws in the 80s, is it? The British wrestling industry needs to stand on its own two feet, burning off the dead wood for its own sake. Then there might be some hope of presenting some sort of united front and fighting off an industry-choking WWE takeover of our country.
But thats my point the brit scene will never ever unite to get rid of these guys ever...all the promoters care about is their own little fed rather than saying look cant we do something about it every one sticks their head in the sand and ignores it its ''someone else's'' problem isn't it? and at the end when the WWE led demise of the UK scene happens all of 'TEH BOYZ~~ that ignore all the shit and allowed the fitch's gauntleys sprules etc etc to run shows and every single wrestler that went to work for those cunts will be to blame for the demise of the scene not fans on a wrestling forumbut hey lets not talk about it cos its a job innit...