Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

Luton and Stevenage arent far from London, theres loads of females there.Plenty in the midlands too.Just read the BAW thread too, Staniforth is the general manager. Show is on Sunday, i hope he rants.

Edited by stewey

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, Stewdogg? Maybe you're the only one in this so far, who actually 'gets it'. But it's blatant, and deliberate flaming.

Mmm maybe a little from me but my main pont still stands those like yourself who are making a mockery of the scene need to get out before you do any more damage to it.

I feel that most people on here are not interested in Power Trip Wrestling doing well, and eventually coming together in a positive way; they just want to take shots at me. It's not 'business', it's clearly very personal; and I'm just guilty of being hotheaded and easily p*ssed off and volatile enough to react in what I'll accept isn't the most professional manner. I'm not exactly known for keeping quiet, or being tactful, if I'm not happy in life. In any other business, it might be classed as being honest. But in this business, if you have the audacity to say how you feel and be straightforward; god help you.

Is that so? So when majiks spoken his mind on many topics wrestling related he's been shot down? or when anyone else has come in and stated things everyone on here is more interested in boosting their ''internet egos'' to pay attention to whats been written? That must mean the debates like the one Quentin started are none existant then?

I'd have had a lot more interest and care of what was said on here, if it was said with the right reasoning behind it. So much of what is in this thread has not been said like that. But it reminds me of a ghost from my past, one Steven Gauntley. Steven's always been criticised on a way too personal level, more than he has business too; in my view, with things brought up that are beyond poor taste and blatantly unnecessary. And this is why, whilst I'm surprisingly willing to accept there ARE good people and decent people who post on here; I'll just generalise and tar with the same brush, purely because it's quicker to do so. And this is why I've made the comments I've made that could be classed as not entirely suitable.

Steven's been criticised several times by many people on here (myself inclided) for the many stupid disatrous things he's done in his time running 1PW from the lateness of his shows to the ''collapse'' and ressurection of 1PW he deserves about 95% of all critticism that he gets simply because he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again.Does it get personal? Yes it does but thats because the majority of posters on here care about the Brit Scene and genuinely want to see it be made more stronger and vibrant so that if/when vince mcmahon launces WWE Euro....the scene is strong enough to tell him where to go.

The whole 'PTW' thing has got blown totally out of proportion. Power Trip Wrestling as a name, just basically came about by accident. When it was pointed out to me that it made 'Petey-W', I found it funny, and thought if anything it poked fun at myself somewhat; which to me was a positive. I've always had a penchant for self degrading humour on our shows, which is evidenced in last October's show, and from March this year; with the incidents with myself, the Clown and the pies. I'm not afraid to poke fun at myself, because I actually have no ego (and many close to me will tell you this) and just like to live up to the reputation of having one because it amuses me. Anyone who knows me, instead of assuming and believing comments made by people who have never even met me most of the time; knows this for fact.

To that I'd say you seem to have a ego why else would you book yourself on shows or promote yourself as one of the stars on your posters?

To me, it's summed up by the fact that I swallowed my pride somewhat a few messages back, and explained myself a bit more; and the first post made was sarcastic. One thing I do know, is that right or wrong, and whatever goes on, all of you who have to sink to the level of personal abuse that you are; are still posting and talking about me on here. You're still talking about me, and I'm finding it actually quite funny in that respect, that I clearly mean that much to you

There's that none existant ego again...In case you hadn't noticed this whole thing started because you decided you couldn't handle a fair and totally UNBIASED poster on the UKFF posting about shows of yours that he'd seen on dvd and being disappointed in what you were offering in terms of shows talent and dvd production. in case you hadn't noticed this place is the uk FAN forum where fans of wrestling come to share their likes and dislikes of the scene some of us like myself will not be totally 100% impartial about the scene but thats because well we're not like hat guy sometimes we belive that theres more to the scene than whats available and it annoys us when the shit ones are running and ruining what should be a great wrestling scene.

Give me a few months, and I'll have Power Trip Wrestling turned around. But I won't be doing it to stick my middle finger up at people on here, I'll be doing it for the RIGHT reasons, and that is for everyone who works for PTW, and for all of those who have stood by me and believed we're doing something positive and stand with me in the belief of our potential. Power Trip Wrestling will never fit in on here, and be considered decent, no matter what I and we do; and with that I sign off, because I no longer care. At one point on here, not that long ago, I wouldn't have minded being in a more neutral standpoint on here; but I now feel that all that matters are the people I work with, the people who believe in Power Trip Wrestling and genuinely want it's success, and the people who come out to the shows.

ok... so are you going to do the following:1: Replace your roster with properly qualified performers who know how to wrestle2: Keep yourself backstage3: stop promoting yourself on posters/flyers/dvd covers4:improve your dvd production5:make sure everyone gets paid6: make sure you book logical interesting entertaining storylines that dont insult your customers7: behave more professionally when someone offers negative well constructed well reasoning critticismIf your not going to do any of that then your not really in it for the fans are you? Your in it to call yourself a wrestling promoter book your mates and pretend to be a paul heyman type of guy that lacks his creativity but has his penchant for not paying the bills??Sure some of this might be personal critticism but I aint doing it to get in with anyone im doing it because i care about the scene I'm sick and tired of people making a joke out of it I'm sick and tired of hearing about 15 year olds becoming wrestling promoters and not paying guys I'm sick of hearing of companies ''collapsing'' i'm sick of people setting up wrestling companies to book themselves and their mates simply because no one else will book them just like at PCW in wigan gary fucking wilds wrestling again there and that annoys me because he doesnt know how to wrestle and is nothing less than a reason 2 companies he's associated with (21cw - NPWA) no longer existI'm sick of people taking jobs at these feds simply because ''its a job innit'' but dont seem to care about how those feds are damamging the scene.I'm sick of wrestling promoters running ''charity'' shows that are not for the charity but rather to boost their own egos.I'm, not sure what category your in but its clear you wont listen to anything but praise so that you can continue your kris sprules type imagination that your anything more than a shitstain on the sceneTry being a asset try not booking substandard performers try not booking yourself on the shows in fact dont run any till youve got a roster that makes the scene look good and storylines that are unmissable cos then and only then will you be able to stick 2 fingers up to the ukff and say look at me im a successYour not going to though are you??

• Paid Members

And Herbie, all I ever did was ask you what your problem was with me, considering you don't know me one bit, and thank god I don't and won't ever know you.

I have (well, had) no problem - I just asked why you seemed to be the focal point of your shows, and you cried to the TWC Press Office. I don't have to know you to ask why you put yourself on your shows as the main character despite not being a wrestler.

You're in no position to criticise anybody as far as I see it, considering that I've seen a hilarious MySpace photograph of some dribbling smart mark gimp of the highest degree with one promotion's tshirt on and another promotion's replica title belt over his shoulder! Professional. REAL professional.

1) How sad is it that you went searching for my Myspace page and looked at my photos, lol.2) That was actually the real FWA title belt, that everyone in the office wore & took joke posing photos with when Alex Shane was over one time. So you're whole theory there has just been crushed. 3) haha - even the main premise of your straw-clutching attempt is so lame. "You can't criticise anyone because you took a photo with a replica belt" (which I didn't, but even if I did - so what?) - ah yes, I see the logic there.

It frightened me that you're in power over anything more than your own right hand.

Don't be afraid: you're the Icon of the Internet - you have nothing to fear.

So my final question is when are you all going to shut up? If you hate me that much, why are you all still talking? I thought you all had a life, and such amazing things to do?

Ah yes, the classic last desperate attempt to make people feel like they have no lives. "Don't you have anything beter to do?" yes, yes I do - but this is fun too. I'm in San Francisco now, about to go on an Alcatraz tour - but I still have time to check my e-mails and post on forums to slag you off, because it's fun. And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have better things to be doing than responding?? I believe YOU stated that.L-L-L-LOSER!

I'm sick of people taking jobs at these feds simply because ''its a job innit'' but dont seem to care about how those feds are damamging the scene.

I'm not sure that this bothers me.After all, wrestlers have to get their money from somewhere, and if that happens to be in "bad" promotions, then so be it.

No, but I'm 5'2" and petite, putting me up against an 18 stone, 6' bloke wouldn't be a believable match would it? Booking has to make sense. I would have thought people on here would realise that.

Arent there other females on the roster? Why not fight one of them instead of an 18 stone 6' bloke?
I'm not in charge of the roster. I gather the other women weren't available at the time.

I'm sick of people taking jobs at these feds simply because ''its a job innit'' but dont seem to care about how those feds are damamging the scene.

I'm not sure that this bothers me.After all, wrestlers have to get their money from somewhere, and if that happens to be in "bad" promotions, then so be it.
Actually, it bothers me more than most other problems in the business. The wrestlers rarely realise it, but in a fragmented scene with no formal co-operation between promoters (and little meaningful informal co-operation), THEY are the ones with the power to make changes. There's enough work to go round for the guys who deserve to be working regularly and there will always be spots opening up on smaller (but still decent) shows for younger guys trying to get a break. So if the majority of the boys, or at least the majority of the ones with any name value, talent and "stroke", were to get together, demand a basic pay structure, minimum standards of conduct and professionalism from promoters, and they all agreed to publicly blackball any promoter who didn't meet his obligations and refuse to work with any wrestler who did work for them, the shitty promotions would fade away pretty quickly, the general standards of the industry would be forced to rise, and eventually the promoters would have to work together to deal with such a power-bloc.Then again, why try to bake a cake together when you can fight over crumbs?

would it be wrong to post emails of AOL convos that i managed to get passed on, between Staniforth and Gauntley....

Yes, considering myself and Steven haven't spoken on AOL IM in a very long time (try at least around a year and a half or more), so these are heavily doubtful to be legitimate. Considering Steven himself will tell you nearly everything we ever did was via EMAIL, again, these are once more very likely to be a complete fabrication.Seeing as the internet is very easy to manipulate and it's simple to cut/paste/fudge photo's etc, I will be both fascinated and amused to see what utter bullsh*t you feel obliged to come up with in what is nothing more than an apparent witch-hunt now.And if this doesn't prove that this isn't about the fact that you feel PTW isn't any good, and it's far more of a personal vendetta towards me; then I don't know what does. It proves everything I've said about certain people on here, has justification written all over it.I'm getting sick of having to come back here and post to defend myself, and this as far as I'm concerned, just shows the level of mentality on here; that instant message conversations will now be faked and manipulated just in an attempt to justify your own ends and beliefs. Oh, but because you all hate me, they're BOUND to be true; right kids?

And if this doesn't prove that this isn't about the fact that you feel PTW isn't any good, and it's far more of a personal vendetta towards me; then I don't know what does. It proves everything I've said about certain people on here, has justification written all over it.

Yes, certain people have a vendetta. UKHG isn't one of them but your first instinct was to shun him and ask for "qualifications", which is something that, as a fan, I fucking despise.So yeah, I have a vendetta now.

would it be wrong to post emails of AOL convos that i managed to get passed on, between Staniforth and Gauntley....

Yes, considering myself and Steven haven't spoken on AOL IM in a very long time (try at least around a year and a half or more), so these are heavily doubtful to be legitimate. Considering Steven himself will tell you nearly everything we ever did was via EMAIL, again, these are once more very likely to be a complete fabrication.Seeing as the internet is very easy to manipulate and it's simple to cut/paste/fudge photo's etc, I will be both fascinated and amused to see what utter bullsh*t you feel obliged to come up with in what is nothing more than an apparent witch-hunt now.And if this doesn't prove that this isn't about the fact that you feel PTW isn't any good, and it's far more of a personal vendetta towards me; then I don't know what does. It proves everything I've said about certain people on here, has justification written all over it.I'm getting sick of having to come back here and post to defend myself, and this as far as I'm concerned, just shows the level of mentality on here; that instant message conversations will now be faked and manipulated just in an attempt to justify your own ends and beliefs. Oh, but because you all hate me, they're BOUND to be true; right kids?
UKFF UNITES TO HUMILLIATE BOOKER...like we've nowt better to do...those convos...dynamite.... pure explosive dynamite...i imagine...Steven1PW: im gonna kick the fuck out of the sharksPeterstaniforth: do it for me - do it for you and rosie - do it for the REAL wellbeing of UK wrestlingHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAoh god thats made my fucking day gauntley doing something for the WELLBEING of british wrestling hahahaaaaaaaaaa oh god you fucking delusional prick gauntley Edited by hitman89762000