Early Wrestlemania 28 Prediction Thread.

K-BOW-88

Cmon, we get it every year. I might as well start it. Predict matches that you think will appear on the card. Here are some of the matches that I think are likely to appear:

Main Event: The Rock vs John Cena

The most obvious match, the main event. The PPV draw.

WWE Title: CM Punk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I reckon (some of these are extremely left field to say the least!):

The Rock vs. John Cena

The Undertaker vs. Kane

WWE Championship:

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Special Referee: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin)

The Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

World Heavyweight Championship:

Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett

Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

Intercontinental Championship:

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma

Money in the Bank:

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. R-Truth vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Kofi Kingston

Yep, a bit far fetched to say the least.

Unless it's HHH again, Randy Orton will be the one against Undertaker I reckon. Bragging how he came "this" close before, and that was when he was a rookie.

Possibly. Your suggesting Orton as Heavyweight champion then? Because Takers going after the belt according to that vignette.

Takers possible opponents for Mania are:

Orton- For reasons above.

Triple H - Wrestlemania 27 re-match

The Miz- Probably the best WWE Heel to try and make a name for himself. Very Miz-esque.

CM Punk- Main eventer. What better way to elevate a star than have him beat the streak? Especially one that could be something special.

Mark Henry- Wrestlemania 22 re-match. Mizark heel run to be brought to its knees by Taker who takes the belt. Henry over comes Big Show and Kane (a fued that'l happen soon with Kanes return) and then lose to Taker.

Can't see any other candidates. Most likely Punk, Henry or Trips. Don't wont to see Trips/Taker again. 3 times is overkill. Henry/Taker is bland. Punk/Taker is new, fresh. Interesting.

I can't see Orton winning the title of Henry any time soon either. Unless your suggesting a non title match of course.

Hmm, I reckon (some of these are extremely left field to say the least!):

The Rock vs. John Cena

The Undertaker vs. Kane

WWE Championship:

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Special Referee: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin)

The Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

World Heavyweight Championship:

Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett

Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

Intercontinental Championship:

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma

Money in the Bank:

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. R-Truth vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Kofi Kingston

Yep, a bit far fetched to say the least.

The only match they'l happen out of those is the one that has already been announced. :laugh:

• Paid Members

There's more chance of me fighting the Undertaker than CM Punk. CM Punk's won one match on PPV in months. Why would anyone think he has a chance against the Undertaker? Also, he hasnt got the appeal to wrestle the Undertaker. You need a Triple H or a Shawn Michaels or even a heel Orton (I'd love to see that) to make it believable.

There's more chance of me fighting the Undertaker than CM Punk. CM Punk's won one match on PPV in months. Why would anyone think he has a chance against the Undertaker? Also, he hasnt got the appeal to wrestle the Undertaker. You need a Triple H or a Shawn Michaels or even a heel Orton (I'd love to see that) to make it believable.

Okay. Since Punk's shift to the 'main event.' Here's his wins and losses.

MITB: Won against Cena. 195,000 buys up from last years 165,000.

Summerslam: Won against Cena. 496,000 PPV buys up from 350,000. Punk/Cena was the main attraction. Punk's popularity was high here. Massive increase in PPV sales.

Night of Champions: Lost against HHH. Wasn't the focal point of PPV but the PPV buys went up.

Hell In A Cell: Lost to Del Rio.

Vengeance: Lost to Awesome Truth

SS: Beat Del Rio.

So that's 3 out of 6? Not one. I'l bet my dollar on him winning the next couple of PPV's too.

You seem to deny Punk's popularity. Massively over in the Garden. Shifting vast amounts of 'best in the world t-shirts' and 'ice cream bar ' shirts. Vince wants to push him, or so i've heard from pro wrestling net, pwmania etc. He is a credible threat. He's beaten Cena twice, Del Rio. He's no Triple H or HBK. But hes the next star. The ONLY problem i can see is the face vs face aspect.

• Paid Members

Fuck is he the next big star. He's no where near. He's already peaked. Cody Rhodes was over in the Garden. What does that mean?

I do love how you have put two buyrates (Both MASSIVE disappointments, not matter how much you try and say as much) and forget to mention the house shows around that time also bombed and the following PPV's with Punk on top also did rotten business. Pops dont generate business. I'm being realistic. Your pulling numbers out of your arse that WWE has admitted have flopped badly. He's an uppercard WWE Champion. They are trying to make the belt make the man, and not allow him to carry the house shows and PPVs. Undertaker and Punk would have zero interest from the mainstream audience. Why even pull numbers out of the sky when the WWE has obviously completely backtracked on how they are pushing him?

Gonna Have a bash at this, It'll probably turn out nothing like this, but at least I'll get the Main Event right.

Main Event

John Cena vs The Rock

World Heavyweight Championship

Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan

WWE Championship

CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio vs The Miz

Special Guest Referee - Shawn Michaels - No Holds Barred

Triple H vs Kevin Nash

The Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Sheamus vs Wade Barrett vs Mason Ryan

Intercontinental Championship

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes

United States Championship"

Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder

Dolph

• Paid Members

Exactly what I was going to say, but you beat me to it. CM Punk is good, I enjoy watching him, but in no way, shape or form is he big enough to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago when Undertaker would face people like Mark Henry or Randy Orton before they got even more massive, but you're following up 2 HBK matches and a HHH match which as far as I'm concerned were all top quality.

A list of people off the top of my head who I'd say are worthy of going for the streak at this moment in time are:

John Cena

HHH

Randy Orton (if he turned heel)

Aside from that I wouldn't buy into anyone else. Sheamus or Mark Henry maybe at a proper big push.

Exactly what I was going to say, but you beat me to it. CM Punk is good, I enjoy watching him, but in no way, shape or form is he big enough to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago when Undertaker would face people like Mark Henry or Randy Orton before they got even more massive, but you're following up 2 HBK matches and a HHH match which as far as I'm concerned were all top quality.

Those matches over the past 3 years were pretty much the matches which the shows were sold on though. That won't be the case next year, so I don't think it's out of the question that someone a step down from HHH and HBK might end up facing Taker. From the current roster, CM Punk is as credible as anyone, Orton included. And anyway, stuff develops pretty quickly in the WWE these days, everyone has ups and downs, and if he's not considered credible enough right now, then it's pretty easily remedied over the course of a couple of months. Maybe to the hardened fan, Punk wouldn't be a threat to the streak, but the thing is, he doesn't really have to be. Takers place on the card next year will be like back when he was facing Mark Henry, Prince Albert etc - it isn't going to be the centrepiece of the show.

If it's a competitive match and Punk looks good then it doesn't do him any harm whatsoever, and worked well, it can still be dramatic for the casual fan. Have Punk beat him convincingly at the Feb PPV and he'll be good enough to make any possible WM match worthwhile and feel like a big deal. After Cena, HHH and the Rock, Punk's probably next in the rankings. Basically, if it ain't HHH, and you don't see Punk as being credible, then the only other option for a match with a real 'big time' feel to it would be to bring someone in from the outside like Goldberg, Lesnar, or maybe Batista - and again, they're unlikely to push the boat out for a match like that when they've already got Rock/Cena happening.

Taker/Punk might happen, it might not, but I definitely wouldn't say the possibility of it is so remote that it should be dismissed out of hand.

Main Event

John Cena vs The Rock

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

WWE Championship

CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler

World Heavyweight Championship

Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett

Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman vs Triple H and Sane Mcmahon

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes vs Sheamus

Zach Ryder and Mick Foley vs Alberto Del Rio and John Laurinitus

Brodus Clay vs Big Show

WWE Divas Championship

Beth Phoenix vs Kharma

Maybe not particularly likely but i think that would be a fun card :)

Edit: just realised I left out The Miz as well as others i would definitely want on the show. The lack of Money in the Bank is making it really hard to get everyone on.

Archived