Early Wrestlemania 28 Prediction Thread.

K-BOW-88

I would like to see a theme of yesterday's stars taking on todays current crop. Obviously the headline match is Rock and Cena and I would like an undercard of matches like Punk/Austin, Miz/HHH, Taker/Orton, Batista/Sheamus, Jericho/Ziggler, Christian/Ryder, Cody/Goldust, Henry/Bryan, Big Show and Kane/Air Boom and Trish Stratus/Beth Pheonix. Throw in a ten man tag as well.

Obviously I doubt this would happen, but as far as helping build stars I think it could really help

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Rey Jr - has everyone forgotten about him, or is he not due back until after WM28?

As for the various options for Punk, one i'd like to see would be vs a heel Orton in a role reversal from last WM. The Smackdown title match should be Sheamus finally ending Mizark's reign imo.

Not a whole lot of mention of Christian either, but I guess if they're not doing MITB, he'll probably struggle to get a spot in a card which is likely to only have about 8 matches. Maybe thrown in a multiman tag like that waste of time last WM.

The difficult bit is predicting the undercard - because they're the matches that stem from small rivalries at the time ala JBL/Finlay

I do see Punk facing either Ziggler or Jericho (if that vignette is Jericho)

Part of me also hopes to see Cody vs Goldust in a belt vs career match.

Cody's gonna fued with Bookah right? Have him defeat loads of former IC champs to back up his plan to bring the belt credibility! If you can reach out to any past stars for credibility ala Lance Storm / Road Dogg etc and have Cody beat all of tthem then it builds the idea of him being the best IC champ, to which Goldust can take offence and campaign for a mania match (like he's already doing) cody coould refuse out of fear or whatever but Goldust could use mind games to get what he wants

Rough idea yeah, but could work

Fuck is he the next big star. He's no where near. He's already peaked. Cody Rhodes was over in the Garden. What does that mean?

I do love how you have put two buyrates (Both MASSIVE disappointments, not matter how much you try and say as much) and forget to mention the house shows around that time also bombed and the following PPV's with Punk on top also did rotten business. Pops dont generate business. I'm being realistic. Your pulling numbers out of your arse that WWE has admitted have flopped badly. He's an uppercard WWE Champion. They are trying to make the belt make the man, and not allow him to carry the house shows and PPVs. Undertaker and Punk would have zero interest from the mainstream audience. Why even pull numbers out of the sky when the WWE has obviously completely backtracked on how they are pushing him?

I'l admit i was wrong on the WWE buyrate for Summerslam 2011. I got it of pwmania last night. They did 301,000 down from 350,000, so Ian and King Pitcos you were right on that one. Still, the Money in the Bank buyrate was up. I wont take into account SS because Rock/Cena was the main draw for that one.

On other news, i would love to see where you pull WWE house show numbers from. And yes pops dont neccesarily generate business, but its a fine indicator for who if over and who isnt. Comparing Cody Rhodes little cheer during his match to CM Punk's massive pop is completly retarded. Cena and Punk consistently are the most over on Raw, and that has been the way for the last 5 months.

Don't start comparing D'lo Brown or Road Dogg's reactions to Punk's like I've seen you do recently either. Its a totally different era and it is harder to get a reaction nowadays. Back in the attitude everyone was over. A select few are over nowadays.

The basis of the arguement was on how you thought Punk wasn't a credible threat to Undertakers's streak. All i'm saying now is that i've read from various sites that Vince is keen to push Punk hard. Give it 5 months till Mania and then i'l come back and ask you again. Yes he lost momentum after Summerslam, his push is forthcoming. Just wait and see.

Not very feasible in a lot of cases, but I did get it down to nine matches and covered pretty much everyone who warrants being on the card.

WWE Championship

JOHN CENA (champion) vs THE ROCK

Already booked.

World Heavyweight Championship

MARK HENRY (champion) vs SHEAMUS

Sheamus is clearly on course to be the next top hero, and Henry's the unstoppable monster. It makes perfect sense for them to have a big clash of the titans at WrestleMania.

UNDERTAKER vs WADE BARRETT

Just because I don't want to see a repeat match, really, especially as it'd be Triple H's third crack at the streak. The trouble with this is that Wade Barrett has nowhere near the gravitas that Edge, Batista and especially Triple H and Michaels had. But given the ending of Undertaker's match at WrestleMania 27, I think there's a story in Taker on his last legs facing a young lion who vows to succeed where the so-called legends failed. "Those guys were already world champions, they'd already made their legacies and their money, they didn't NEED this like I do" etc.

TRIPLE H vs THE MIZ

I'm not sure where exactly you could go with this, perhaps Miz as Johnny Ace's favourite superstar, Nash as a bodyguard etc. But Miz needs a good high-profile WrestleMania match, and if Undertaker's busy, Triple H needs something to do. He could help make Miz.

CM PUNK vs DOLPH ZIGGLER

I don't really have anything for this one. Both of them want to steal the show -- Ziggler wants to break through the glass ceiling and Punk wants to show everyone why he should be main-eventing PPVs instead of the likes of Dwayne and Miz. Easy enough for WWE to orchestrate a feud between them in time for WrestleMania.

RANDY ORTON vs DANIEL BRYAN

There's a lack of fresh opposition for Orton to wrestle come spring. He wrestles Ziggler every three weeks, he's just had a feud with Cody Rhodes, he's having a feud now with Wade Barrett. He's feuded extensively with Christian, Henry and Miz. He could face Del Rio I suppose, but I think it wouldn't be hard to tell a story with Orton and Bryan. Orton could be blamed for costing Bryan the World title somehow (maybe pins him in the Elimination Chamber, eliminates him from the Rumble, etc).

REY MYSTERIO vs ALBERTO DEL RIO

I don't want to see these two wrestle each other again, but it makes the most sense. Alberto put Rey out, so presumably he'll want revenge when he returns.

Tag Team Championship

AIR BOOM (champions) vs CHRISTIAN & R-TRUTH

"Can't think of anything else to do with Christian and R-Truth" special. I guess you could swap R-Truth and Bryan's spots on this card around.

Champion vs Champion

ZACK RYDER (US) vs CODY RHODES (Intercontinental)

Not a unification match, just a standard midcard exhibition that could be built up over a few weeks beforehand if need be.

The only obvious one missing is Big Show (I think).

something like this would be good:

John Cena vs The Rock

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho- WWE Title

Mark Henry vs Sheamus- World Title/Daniel Bryan involved somehow too

Randy Orton vs Undertaker

Miz vs R- Truth

Triple H vs Dolph Ziggler

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust- IC Title vs Career

Big Show vs Wade Barrett

Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio

Zack Ryder, Kelly, Eve, Air Boom vs Jack Swagger, Hunico, Christian, Beth, Natalya- some sort of multi person match

pretty much covers everyone who matters on the card

Don't see why they'd make Cena/Rock for the WWE Title, it's already the biggest match in years and doesn't need the title, plus I'd imagine it's Rock's last match anyway so it would telegraph the result if it was for the title

I'm not saying for sure that it will be Rock's last match but given it's in his home city and in the main event of Wrestlemania, I can't think of a better way to finish his career

Cena would no doubt be booed to fuck for beating him but the post match handshake and whatever might calm that down plus it's not like WWE has bothered about where a match has been held previously, they turned Austin heel in his home state knowing full well the crowd would still go mental when he won

Might as well keep the belt on Punk and have Ziggler (or someone at his level) challenge for it, adds a bit of gloss to an undercard match

• Paid Members
Don't see why they'd make Cena/Rock for the WWE Title, it's already the biggest match in years and doesn't need the title, plus I'd imagine it's Rock's last match anyway so it would telegraph the result if it was for the title

I'm not saying for sure that it will be Rock's last match but given it's in his home city and in the main event of Wrestlemania, I can't think of a better way to finish his career

Cena would no doubt be booed to fuck for beating him but the post match handshake and whatever might calm that down plus it's not like WWE has bothered about where a match has been held previously, they turned Austin heel in his home state knowing full well the crowd would still go mental when he won

Might as well keep the belt on Punk and have Ziggler (or someone at his level) challenge for it, adds a bit of gloss to an undercard match

Yeah, plus, Cena has dropped his "Lets make this the biggest match in history, so I'll be champion walking in" schtick.

Don't see why they'd make Cena/Rock for the WWE Title, it's already the biggest match in years and doesn't need the title,

The title doesn't make the match. The match makes the title. That's why the WWE belt should be associated with Rock vs Cena, the biggest bout in a decade, rather than some midcard thing like CM Punk vs Miz or whatever. It's already played second fiddle to Cena vs Rock once, and to Michaels and Undertaker for two years before that (even when the title match went on last in 2009, people rejected it because it was seen as not in the same league as HBK-Taker). It's high time they made it seem important at WrestleMania, and Rock vs Cena is the way to do it. They could treat the title as the very soul of the WWE that they're battling over.

Don't see why they'd make Cena/Rock for the WWE Title, it's already the biggest match in years and doesn't need the title,

The title doesn't make the match. The match makes the title. That's why the WWE belt should be associated with Rock vs Cena, the biggest bout in a decade, rather than some midcard thing like CM Punk vs Miz or whatever. It's already played second fiddle to Cena vs Rock once, and to Michaels and Undertaker for two years before that (even when the title match went on last in 2009, people rejected it because it was seen as not in the same league as HBK-Taker). It's high time they made it seem important at WrestleMania, and Rock vs Cena is the way to do it. They could treat the title as the very soul of the WWE that they're battling over.

Absolutely.

The Rock vs John Cena

WWE Championship: CM Punk © vs Dolph Ziggler or The Miz

Both could be great matches and Zigs on fire at the moment and Miz now has a more serious edge to him both would be good choices

World Heavyweight: Henry © vs Orton vs Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan

Keep henry as champ til then, have Raw guy (miz or zig) win the Rumble, have mini battle royal on SD to make No1 contender for Henry, down to Orton & Sheamus both go out at same time (I know its been done a heap but can still work) then a one on one match with Henry making it a double dq, Long makes it a 3way and D-Bry wants in so cashes in MITB case.

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

if ortons not in title match, as others have said they could push orton being a rookie first time round and now hes ready

Street Fight: Cactus Jack vs The Miz

If Miz isnt in title match have him 'take out' foley at the rumble, then have foley do a rumble 2000 style promo saying Cactus Jack is coming back, there match could be simeler to Foley vs Edge at WM 22, I reckon Foley as Jack would get a bit more credibility.

Big Show vs Shaq

its been spoke about before so it could happen I quess

US Title: Del Rio © vs Zack Ryder

Del rio would win the belt at some point, ryder still hasnt had a title shot and Johnny ace keeps making him 'earn his shot', have a battle royal with spare guys and ryder wins.

IC title: Rhodes vs Goldust vs Booker T

get dusty involved in build up, a simple build really with a wee bit of backstory between the 3.

Kane, Air Boom, Ryan vs Christian, Truth, Clay, Swagger

Spot fest really to get them on the show but make it longer then the corre match this year.

• Paid Members

There was rumours knocking about (based on Undertaker and his wife having a meeting a few weeks ago planning BOTH of their returns to TV), that a babyface squad of LayCool could be wrestling Steroid Fannys at WrestleMania this year. Probably one of the few womens matches I'd actually like to see. I'd love to see McCool hit the Styles Clash on Neidhart for the win.

There was rumours knocking about (based on Undertaker and his wife having a meeting a few weeks ago planning BOTH of their returns to TV), that a babyface squad of LayCool could be wrestling Steroid Fannys at WrestleMania this year. Probably one of the few womens matches I'd actually like to see. I'd love to see McCool hit the Styles Clash on Neidhart for the win.

Didnt McCool leave to have sprogs has she had some

• Paid Members

Didnt McCool leave to have sprogs has she had some

Undertaker wanted McCool at home with him. Layla stayed but got injured.

Archived