General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

New Superman cast

Henry Cavill has been chosen to play Superman in Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel reboot.

The 27-year-old British actor has starred in TV series The Tudors and movies The Count Of Monte Cristo, Stardust and Whatever Works.

Previous actors to have played Superman on screen include George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain and Brandon Routh.

Director Zack Snyder said of Cavill's casting: "In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognised and revered character of all time, and I am honoured to be a part of his return to the big screen.

"I also join Warner Bros, Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.

• Paid Members
Routh really should have been given it again. He's been excellent in everything I've seen since.

I've said many times, Routh was excellent in the role, I really liked him. Unfortunately a lot of other things about the film sucked!

• Awards Moderator

Just a still and an article rather than a poster or trailer, but THEY'RE MAKING A FILM OF 'ON THE ROAD'.

The book is one of my favourites, and I never imagined it was something that could be a film, but... Hedlund and Riley look pretty much right as Dean and Sal ... and The Motorcycle Diaries was good, so ... there's a decent chance this has the capacity to be good. I could definitely dig it...

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
^ I REALLY need to get round to seeing that. JLM's review was superb too.

Cheers for the heads up on that one Bowyo, looks very good. Gladstone what are the other Australian thrillers you were talking about? I'm on a bit of a horror binge at the moment and looking for more decent ones.

Wolf Creek is absolutely cracking although it gets silly towards the end. Black Water is a good one too with a really simple set-up. I've heard good things about Rogue, Needle and Road Train too.

Going back a bit further, and not quite as horror orientated, Kiss Or Kill is a great little modern day noir that's worth finding too.

the director of Black Water has another 'water horror' out on DVD now called The Reef...i gotta watch both at some point.

and whilst we're on the subject of Australian horror, there's also Rogue about a big fuck off crocodile that eats muthafuckers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
^ I REALLY need to get round to seeing that. JLM's review was superb too.

Cheers for the heads up on that one Bowyo, looks very good. Gladstone what are the other Australian thrillers you were talking about? I'm on a bit of a horror binge at the moment and looking for more decent ones.

Wolf Creek is absolutely cracking although it gets silly towards the end. Black Water is a good one too with a really simple set-up. I've heard good things about Rogue, Needle and Road Train too.

Going back a bit further, and not quite as horror orientated, Kiss Or Kill is a great little modern day noir that's worth finding too.

the director of Black Water has another 'water horror' out on DVD now called The Reef...i gotta watch both at some point.

and whilst we're on the subject of Australian horror, there's also Rogue about a big fuck off crocodile that eats muthafuckers.

Rogue was on one of the movie channels las night.

ET 2 Trailer

Kinda...

:laugh:

Obviously that's not legit, but am I the only one who actually wants to see that film?

Well there is obviously stuff in there from a whole range of films but have they actually shot some new stuff for it ? The stuff with the older Elliot, is that original footage or has that be shot specially ?

• 3 weeks later...