General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Just read that 'Dredd' has been classified an 18 by the BBFC. Not that it should make a difference but this pleases me a little as I miss the uber-violence that used to be associated with action films. Given the trend of getting films cut down to reach as wider audience as possible I'm glad that the studio is happy to press on with a comic book action film aimed solely at adults.

• Paid Members
Just read that 'Dredd' has been classified an 18 by the BBFC. Not that it should make a difference but this pleases me a little as I miss the uber-violence that used to be associated with action films. Given the trend of getting films cut down to reach as wider audience as possible I'm glad that the studio is happy to press on with a comic book action film aimed solely at adults.

It's an R in the states so there's some promise.

Metal Gear Solid movie confirmed

now this will be weird as metal gear's have taken off stuff of off most action movies anyway and get labelled as movies anyway due to cutscene length.

would it be a bit too much to ask for some technical wizardry to have anyone play him but have david heyter's voice somehow?

It's also great to have Keaton in a big film again

Edited by iamtheman

Has anyone else seen the footage of Clint Eastwood at the Republican convention?

Aside from the fact that I think his politics are simplistic and confused... he looks and sounds REALLY old. He's got considerably frailer in the last few years, his voice is shaky, his delivery is wobbly. It's a sad sight. It's understandable, he's 82 (!), but it's just a shock.

• Paid Members
The Iceman Trailer

Michael Shannon in a true story of a contract killer and a family man. looks amazing

I've seen a few TV shows about "The Iceman" featuring long interviews with him and I feel the movie might be "hollywooded" up a bit from what I can tell, in reality he was a wife beating nutcase who got off on killing people. I'm not sure if I believe everything he says but he also claims to have killed people for no reason, he says he shot someone in the head with a crossbow for no reason, doubt this will be in the film but I'll be impressed if it is.

Hopefully it will still be good but it looks like they took an interesting real thing and turned it into a "movie" complete with good guys, bad guys etc instead of just showing it how it really was.

Hope the real life incident where he kills someone in a 70s gay disco is in the film.

*Michael Shannon is wicked though, great casting and I can't wait to see him as Zod in Man of Steel next year

*edit

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

It's sad, isn't it. It was like Charlton Heston in his later years.

Clint's such an iconic figure, and such a great actor, that using him in this way just seems tawdry. I preferred his Superbowl ad for Detroit cars: