General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Just been reading about this film

soon to be released, which is being described as the most disturbing of the year, and is based on a true story.

A full report on the true events is

but basically, a prank caller calls a McDonalds saying he's a police officer and that one of the staff, a teenage girl, has been accused on stealing a customer's money. So he's speaking to the girl's manager, and convinces her to take her into the back, get her to strip down and search her, and the manager went ahead and followed this guy's orders over the phone.

The events spiral EVEN FURTHER to absolute crazy levels, but I won't say anything to spoil it (everything is detailed in that report, so spoilers), so much so that you can't believe someone could be duped into such a thing and treat an employee, a teenage girl no less, like that. As I've said, the situation gets even worse, and the film has seen many people walk out due to it.

I never heard about this incident before but it boggles the mind.

Just read up on it and as has been said its mental. Even if the police had phoned to say someone was steal everyone knows you cant just search people but to then do all the other shit as well. I know everyone says Americans are dumb but this takes the mick

• Paid Members

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, Jeff Daniels and Bruce Willis in a Terminator-ish "send yourself back to the past to stop some unstoppable killer from wiping the future out" action noir thriller thing. It looks really good.

Just been reading about this film
soon to be released, which is being described as the most disturbing of the year, and is based on a true story.

A full report on the true events is

but basically, a prank caller calls a McDonalds saying he's a police officer and that one of the staff, a teenage girl, has been accused on stealing a customer's money. So he's speaking to the girl's manager, and convinces her to take her into the back, get her to strip down and search her, and the manager went ahead and followed this guy's orders over the phone.

The events spiral EVEN FURTHER to absolute crazy levels, but I won't say anything to spoil it (everything is detailed in that report, so spoilers), so much so that you can't believe someone could be duped into such a thing and treat an employee, a teenage girl no less, like that. As I've said, the situation gets even worse, and the film has seen many people walk out due to it.

I never heard about this incident before but it boggles the mind.

the trailer looks pretty good and chilling piece of music to it.

The actual report just, as you say, boggles the mind. How retarded do you have to be to not twig on that something might not be right about the whole situation

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, Jeff Daniels and Bruce Willis in a Terminator-ish "send yourself back to the past to stop some unstoppable killer from wiping the future out" action noir thriller thing. It looks really good.

Wow, surprised I hadn't heard of this one a bit sooner. That does look really good. I'm glad Gordon-Levitt is becoming a real draw as an action star now

• Paid Members

Anyone live near Bourne Wood? Thor 2 will be filming there for 10 days from the 10th of Sept. Big battle with Thor coming in to save the day.

Pics this way!

Letter by "Asgard Productions II UK Ltd" to the residents near Bourne Wood

We are writing to let you know about some filming about to be undertaken in Bourne Wood in the coming months. Please find a brief overview and introduction to this project.

Unfortunately though there are no plans for the IMAX release in the UK.

sorry to double post but this WEBSITE is saying that there will be a uk IMAX release for raiders of the lost ark

they dont appear to have any other links on it but its worth further investigating

It will open for one week beginning september 21st at the following cinemas

BFI Waterloo

Odeon Braehead

Odeon Cardiff

Odeon Gateshead Metro Centre

Odeon Greenwich

Odeon Kingston

Odeon Liverpool One

Odeon Norwich

Odeon Southampton

Odeon Swiss Cottage

Odeon Uxbridge