General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
I always thought Conan was one of his shittest characters. I preferred Red Sonja.

You were born without testicles if you don't like Conan, this is amazing news. Hopefully it will be a great nostalgic return to form that doesn't feel dated like the new Rambo not a ridiculous shark jumping piece of crap like Die Hard 4

Ah, gotcha. Die Hard 4 was ace though. I mean, Die Hard films have always been OTT. It's an action movie. In the first film, he blows up most of a tower block. In the second film, they blow up 2 jumbo jets and half an airport. The third film has one of the most ridiculous plots of all time. It doesn't matter as long as the character is on form and the action is exciting.

The only thing that let down 4 was a slightly anaemic bad guy. I love Olyphant, but he was simply miscast here.

Fantastic post on facebook from Stallone confirms Nic Cage for expendables 3

We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two. We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer. We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga. What will definitely be the last? I can not guarantee. In principle it would be two deliveries, but the affection of the people encouraged us to work on a third. I guess as long as we amused ourselves by offering fun and people, we can continue playing 'The Expendables'. For now we are not as expendable as it should and as some critics want.

Ford and Snipes would be great too

Edited by iamtheman

If Nic Cage is in Expendables III I'll be doing a Peewee Herman while watching it in the cinema. Great news if true, hope he has a big role.

Great news - I've just finally watched his 'Nicholas Cage losing his shit' youtube video and would like to see bat shit crazy Cage in part 3

• 1 month later...