The Official PPV Posters Thread

CaptainCharisma

SurvivorSeriesPoster2008.jpg

-- WWE released the official promotional poster for Survivor Series PPV. The poster features Randy Orton, with what seems to be roots growing over his body. Survivor Series will take place on November 23, 2008 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Bo

ston, MA.
That is on a par with last year's No Mercy poster, its all kinds of awesome.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more excited about that new Survivor Series logo. I think it looks great.

^ This. Fingers crossed they'll start gradually ditching the Attitude-era designs, at long last.
Im jumping onto the "its a cool logo" band wagon. Its one of those logos where 20 guys all came up with 20 designs and then some guy shows his off last on purpose because hes knows everyone was going to say.... "*GASP* Thats THE ONE!" Ala Blackadder Goes Forth.In regards to the poster.... I don't "get" the poster... but it is certainly a very cool design and defenitely looks fantastic (which ultimately will make it work for the more casual fan). But it isn't a touch on that No Mercy poster. That poster was all kinds of awesome.In fact does anyone know where I could buy that poster? If a wrestling poster ever deserved attention its that one.

SurvivorSeriesPoster2008.jpg

I'm calling the return of the Buried Alive match now! You can count me as the first who doesn't like the new logo. I like the repeated use of the same logo each year (especially the Backlash one) as it gives a bit of brand identity to each PPV. I liked the old Survivor Series logo and I don't think there's any need to change it as it doesn't look outdated or anything.

I like the repeated use of the same logo each year (especially the Backlash one) as it gives a bit of brand identity to each PPV. I liked the old Survivor Series logo and I don't think there's any need to change it as it doesn't look outdated or anything.

That logo in one form or another has been used since 2000 - I think a change is perfectly valid after that amount of time.

• Paid Members

Blimey, that's awful. TNA really do have some terrible posters. That one is up there with this years Slammiversary where Joe was somehow holding the title.

yeah. it looked photo shopped in really badly to meslammiversary2008.jpgshit

I like the repeated use of the same logo each year (especially the Backlash one) as it gives a bit of brand identity to each PPV. I liked the old Survivor Series logo and I don't think there's any need to change it as it doesn't look outdated or anything.

Normally I'd agree, but when a logo's been in use for just shy of ten years, methinks it's time for a change.In addition, the previous logo always reminded me of late 2000, when the quality of WWF programming took a drastic nose-dive. Which can never be a good thing.And yes, the TNA posters are really rather awful. They look like something WCW'd knock up in five minutes back in 1997.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived