Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Did anyone see The O'Reilly Factor on FoxNews last night?For those who didn't:

AWA Vice-President Jonnie Stewart appears onFox News "The O'Reilly Factor"FOX NEWS contacted AWA Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.'s Dale Gagne and Vice-President Jon Stewart to appear on Tuesday's (June 26 @ 8 p.m. ET) "The O'Reilly Factor" with Bill O'Reilly, regarding the death of Chris Benoit and what is now being reported as a murder / suicide. Due to a scheduling conflict, Gagne did not appear. Stewart discussed the morbid death rate in professional wrestling, the pressures leading to such tragedies and what might be done about preventing them in the future. Click here to view the video.Stewart was recently promoted to Executive Vice-President of managing the AWA name, brand growth and television prospects. Stewart has been a professional wrestling performer for over 21 years, starting in 1984 while still attending collage and capturing the AWA World Heavyweight, AWA World Light Heavyweight and AWA World Tag-Team Championships during his "illustrious" career.

Does this mean there will now be a shortage of chops outside Flair matches? I know if I was wrestling then I would be cautious about throwing a chop for what it could be assoicated with, same as the diving headbutt, sharpshooter, rolling germans and the crossface.

• Paid Members

Just noticed WWE specifically said he tested negative for steroids in April. If it turns out (as is very possible) that 'negative' meant he was on steroids but had a prescription (legit or not), they are going to look very shifty indeed.

Does this mean there will now be a shortage of chops outside Flair matches? I know if I was wrestling then I would be cautious about throwing a chop for what it could be assoicated with, same as the diving headbutt, sharpshooter, rolling germans and the crossface.

I think the crowd going "Wooo!" whenever anybody hits a chop makes people think of Flair more than Benoit. For me, whenever i see the three germans I just think of Angle and the diving headbutt makes me think of Dynamite. But certainly for the latter two moves, I doubt we'll be seeing them for a long time. Chris Benoits legacy is a child murderer, not a wrestler. I find myself stunned at even typing that.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560...7290539,00.html

WRESTLING killer Chris Benoit was so obsessed with steroids - he even injected his seven-year-old son with growth hormone.

Daniel - who was murdered by Benoit along with mum Nancy before the WWE star committed suicide - was found with needle marks in his arms.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard confirmed the findings, saying Daniel had been given growth hormones for some time because Chris and Nancy considered him to be undersized.

He added: "The boy was very small, even dwarfed."

Sources in the States say Chris, who was a lot smaller than your typical wrestling superstar, took steroids throughout his career as he was worried about losing work due to his size.

One reported: "This was decades and decades of steroid use with no cycling - even when undergoing neck surgery.

"And that's not healthy in any way."

Investigators say Chris illegally received deliveries from a Florida business called MedXLife.com that sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet.

Six people at the pharmacy, including two of the owners, have already pleaded guilty to supplying sport stars with drugs and 20 more have been arrested.

Since the death of Benoit's pal and fellow MedXLife.com customer Eddie Guerrero from heart failure in November 2005 - brought on by years of alcohol, drug and steroid abuse - the WWE instituted a strict testing procedure.

However, crucially, the company's 'Wellness Policy' allowed for prescribed steroids, meaning use is still rife.

It states: "The WWE policy prohibits the use of performance-enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician."

Smaller wrestling groups in the US and UK don't test at all.

RECENT MATCH ... with Bobby Lashley

A source in the industry told us: "Wrestlers have an insane schedule, with no off season and little to time to fully heal injuries.

"On top of that they are under immense pressure from bosses and fans to have superhuman physiques.

"So they turn to steroids in order to look better and return to action more quickly after injuries.

"I would say almost every single wrestler in the business today has been on 'the gear' at one point in their career, and many still are even after all the shocking deaths we've seen.

"Some are able to move on after they achieve the body they want but others, like Benoit, become addicts.

"If they say a physique is too good to be true then it probably is."

He added: "Steroids are not hard to get hold of legally. You just have to find a quack who will prescribe them so they can hang out with the wrestlers and get some cool pictures for the wall.

"They are known as 'mark doctors' and have been around as long as wrestling itself."

It is unknown whether the killings were due to 'roid rage' and a full blood test is not due for around two weeks.

The WWE released a strongly wording statement saying: "Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation).

"Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

"A full Toxicology (blood test) report has not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body."

• Paid Members

Do you think when the Cops arrived at the scene and found the bodies they lifted each of their arms three times to make sure they were really out?

Sorry Ally, but that's just too much. If it was just about Benoit then maybe, but, not when it's about a 7 year old kid and his mother too.

Do you think when the Cops arrived at the scene and found the bodies they lifted each of their arms three times to make sure they were really out?

Does this mean we can start?
I'm pretty sure we're ment to wait 22 years.

:D
I thought you hated people poking fun at dead children?Anyway this situation is just too horrific for words. I think WWE need to pull everyone off the road for 2 or 3 weeks to help them get over it. Knowing Vince though, he'll be too worried about losing the cash.

• Paid Members

:D
I thought you hated people poking fun at dead children?
He wasn't, he made a wrestling gag. It doesn't make the situation less horrific.