Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

like me and my mum said, if it wasnt roid rage what must of been going through his mind to kill his own family and have them in the house days apart untill he finally killed himself.God Bless You Benoit, whatever happened in that house, i still love you and will turn my back on you like some people may do. May you and Eddie tear heaven a new a-hole.What a match they can have now, Benoit vs Eddie vs Owen

It appears that not only have they removed the links from the roster pages to Benoit's profile, but have removed his profile entirely. Clicking on his name on the above statement, when on wwe.com site, just brings up a not found message.

I just feel like there has to be a reason. Not that any reason would exonorate Chris from killing his seven year old son but just SOMETHING must have happened!

True enough, although there can be a lot of psychological explanations to what happened that weekend.

Question to anyone who's familiar with Benoit's history: Was he religious?The bibles thing bugs me. If he was a devout Christian then fine, but it seems odd if he's not. And there was no mention of a bible found near his own body... a clue to his mental state?I don't mean to play detective, just wondering if anybody knows much about his religion, if any.

Question to anyone who's familiar with Benoit's history: Was he religious?The bibles thing bugs me. If he was a devout Christian then fine, but it seems odd if he's not. And there was no mention of a bible found near his own body... a clue to his mental state?I don't mean to play detective, just wondering if anybody knows much about his religion, if any.

1wrestling says he hated religion but who knows.

This tarnishes all of us...all of us.

It's hard enough to be a wrestling fan as it is. "What, you like that WWF stuff? It's not real you know". We all know it's hard enough to explain why we love wrestling, and know it's going to be even harder now that they'll all be branded as drug addicts and murderers.

People have said the reaction wouldn't be as bad if it was, say, Snitsky or The Great Khali who did this. And they're right. Because no-one really gives a shit about them, in the same way that people loved Chris Benoit. He was many, many people's favourite wrestler, or at least in their top five. Whether he was your favourite or not, he was always one of those people that you could point to and say "that's why I love professional wrestling". He looked like a hard man, everything he did in there looked real, felt real even. While it became a little hokey in recent years, there was a reason why he got standing ovations from crowds every night. He was always someone we could be proud of as wrestling fans.

Not anymore.

Because whatever the reasons why, and maybe we'll never know, he has taken the lives of two people, including a defenceless 7-year-old boy, before killing himself. He will forever more be known as a murderer. Not a person we as wrestling fans can be proud of, but a murderer...a child killer. Why did he do it? Because he was dosed up on steroids, a roided-up muscle-head intent on doing harm? True? Who knows? Whether toxicology reports come back and prove this or not, this is the way he's going to be regarded by the general public from now on.

And from that point of view, this is what we as fans will now be regarded as, at least for a short time. "Why you watching that wrestling, it's all full of druggies and killers?". Yes, maybe a little extreme, but try convincing Joe Public...if you even want to defend wrestling right now.

Will wrestling take a hit from this? I can't see it not. One can point to other high-profile wrestling deaths not adversly affecting the business too much. But most of them were the usual thing from a public point of view - massive steroid-user dies young...hey, hum. In the most previous high-profile death, Owen Hart, it was an accident, in a stunt that wasn't really a wrestling stunt. And in all of those previous deaths, other people didn't directly suffer harm as a result of it. Here, we have two others dead. If you're a parent, are you now going to let your kids watch such people, on TV, on DVD, at live events? I'm not sure I would. WWE could ill-afford many more blows to its domestic business as it was. This won't kill them...I'm not really sure what could right now. But any hope of another boom-time any time soon is now gone, long gone...

Question to anyone who's familiar with Benoit's history: Was he religious?The bibles thing bugs me. If he was a devout Christian then fine, but it seems odd if he's not. And there was no mention of a bible found near his own body... a clue to his mental state?

I don't know if he was religious or not, however, by leaving a bible beside his wife and kid and not himself, perhaps he was indicating that they both deserve to go to Heaven or something...?

Looks like the WWE are getting well in to cover themselves, quite right too.

Out of genuine interest, what do you mean by this?
Nothing sinister dude but it was apparent from reading various interviews with the authorities that various journalists were jumping on the steroids theory, just saying that the WWE have to protect their product and set their cards on the table with that statement declaring all medication and such like was signed off by doctors and above board. Or so we are led to believe.Do SKY still show a RAW repeat at the weekend ? Will it be likely to be pulled ?