The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

I wouldn't slate you fopr puttinga chart song in. But I might be tempted to call you an r-tard for not actually uploading the song.

I'm not sure how. :thumbsup: If it's easy enough, I'll do it later. Also your keyboard seems to be broke, the clutch has gone on your space bar and some other keys.EDIT: It's actually easier than I thought. Heres the link to it Plain White T's - "Hey There Delilah" Edited by Turnbucklepads

• Paid Members

And I suppose I couldn't post in this thread without uploading a song, so... this is "Read a Book" off of Dj Yoda & Dan Greenpeace's Unthugged 2: Electric Boogaloo. This song is hilarious, crunk and educational. Check it out! Doesn't quite top "Punch you in the Face" off of Unthugged Vol 1, but still great...

That was great, post the other one.

Having got many a decent tune from this thread I figured I'd try to give something back so I give you:

ObedientBone - Lost It

UK based Drum 'n' Bass group who use a female vocalist and tend to sound quite punkish/metally at the same time. The won the Diesel New Music Prize for Urban music back in I think 2005. This tune is the first song of their self titled album and is my personal favourite

Maps - So Low, So High

Nominated for this year's Mercury Prize, it's a kind of ambient electronica with some really nice use of guitar and faint vocals that produce a really nice sound. The link might not work as I can't read my own handwriting as to whether it ends in a 'v' or a 'u' but it's defintely one of them. Unless it's a really shit 'c'...

Fields - Song For The Fields

First song from my favourite album of the year and now one of my favourite albums period. They sound a bit like the Editors in terms of using the keyboard effects but with a much softer sound and duelling male/female vocals.

Everything's in mp4 and there shouldn't be any copy guards on them so enjoy.

Edited by Ulf ist Gut

Unfortunately those first two tracks can't be found, any chance of a re-up?EDIT - I just listened to the Fields' track and thought it was very arresting and grabbed my attention but did nothing once it had my attention, still I'd like to hear some more though.

Edited by HBAndy

Unfortunately those first two tracks can't be found, any chance of a re-up?EDIT - I just listened to the Fields' track and thought it was very arresting and grabbed my attention but did nothing once it had my attention, still I'd like to hear some more though.

First two should work now (I managed to confuse '0' with 'o' in the first one and for some reason put an extra '1' in the second). Here's a couple more Fields. There's one song they have called "If You Fail, We All Fail" which i'll sort out a bit later as I need to upload it off the CD as the one I have on me pooter at the mo I got from itunes and so won't work on other machines but you can hear it on the music player on the website here.Fields - You Don't Need This SongFields - The Death

First two should work now (I managed to confuse '0' with 'o' in the first one and for some reason put an extra '1' in the second). Here's a couple more Fields. There's one song they have called "If You Fail, We All Fail" which i'll sort out a bit later as I need to upload it off the CD as the one I have on me pooter at the mo I got from itunes and so won't work on other machines but you can hear it on the music player on the website here.Fields - You Don't Need This SongFields - The Death
I really, really liked that 'You Don't Need This Song', very good stuff. I'm just giving a listen to The Maps and will definitely check out some more Fields. They've both got that Postal Service vibe going on don't they?

I really, really liked that 'You Don't Need This Song', very good stuff. I'm just giving a listen to The Maps and will definitely check out some more Fields. They've both got that Postal Service vibe going on don't they?
I haven't heard a lot of Postal Service but I get what you mean. From what I remember of PS i'd say fields were a bit smoother in that they tend to favour instruments over the electronic stuff. Any chance you could upload a few tracks, I can remember Such Great Heights but thats about it.

Certainly shall.

I love Postal Service and think Give Up is an exceptional album with so many great tunes on it, here's a selection...

The Postal Service - Such Great Heights

The Postal Service - Sleeping In

The Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettes

also as a bonus treat here's a couple of covers...

Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights

The Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes

Edited by HBAndy

• Awards Moderator

Certainly shall.I love Postal Service and think Give Up is an exceptional album with so many great tunes on it, here's a selection...The Postal Service - Such Great HeightsThe Postal Service - Sleeping InThe Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettesalso as a bonus treat here's a couple of covers...Iron and Wine - Such Great HeightsThe Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes

And there was me thinking the Postal Service's version was a cover of Iron & Wine!Seeing as the last songs I posted here went down so well (ehem) here are some from the, let's say, New Faces Of Classic Rock collectionThe Answer - Under The Sky (iTunes required)The Answer - Memphis Water (iTunes required)The Answer - Preachin' (iTunes required)Black Stone Cherry - Hell And High WaterBlack Stone Cherry - Rollin' On (iTunes required)Rose Hill Drive - The Guru (iTunes required)Rose Hill Drive - Man On Fire (iTunes required)