UKFF Poster of the Year 2006

tiger_rick

The best poster on the UKFF in 2006?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I've voted for tiger_rick. Aside from his ability to have a good discussion with out being offensive or insulting this past year he has also started a number of good threads that have generated some good discussion.

Can't bring myself to vote for any of them i'm afraid.Might be just because I don't usually go in to on topic though. I like plenty of the people up, but none of them strike me as 'poster of the year'I only just noticed Stew is up for both as well, but Hage is up for best poster AND under rated poster. So seen as i've already voted for Hage (I suppose it's me who called you it then) in the other thread, I may vote him here in my quest for hilarity.

• Awards Moderator

Tough competition up there this year folks. There's been a real concerted effort to improve chat, well done. taigaaaa deserves props particularly for his aggressive "DISCUSS YOU FUCKERS" style, and Supremo writes very readable pages of stuff, although could use a little flexibility. Stew and MOJ as old farts know exactly what they're doing, although I'd argue their input has been lower this year than in others. I nearly voted for LL but JLM's information/wit/putdown/discussion balance was spot on this year and swung it for me.

Moj got my vote for poster of the year - almost certainly on the back of the 1PW expose. Despite giving me Christmas AIDS at the end of 2005 I've found myself really enjoying his posts all year. An honorable mention has to go to Rick for his determined efforts to generate discussion and Hat Guy with his great insights on the British wrestling scene as well as his lucha thread. I've a soft spot for Mo also for running the UFC predictions thread and his 'daily discussion thread' in November.

• Paid Members

The main forum was subdued for most of the year and even up until October, nobody really stood as poster of the year. However, like last year, I've gone with Supremo. It was a travesty that he didn't win last year and his contributions have been great this year. If we had second and third votes, mine would have gone to Moj and Rick. Moj didn't post all that regularly, but when he did, his contributions were invariably fantastic. Rick did a great job of drumming up discussion and brought a great debating style to his posts.It's interesting how the winner from the last two years didn't even receive enough nominations to be shortlisted. John didn't really post less than he's done in previous years, and I didn't think what he posted was of an inferior quality to his contributions from past years. Either this so-called 'Lister backlash' has substance to it or he was overseen because he's just taken for granted.

• Paid Members

Lantern.Has a definite sense of smugness about himself but, maybe it's justified. As, he consistently provided great insight on subjects on and off-topic last year, was a big part of many of the most interesting topics/discussions, cracked a bunch of funnies and burned us up in the summer. Something i still feel had more potential and could possibly be done every year.Also, was generally bang on the money with his assessments of what's right and wrong, good and shit in wrestling.