Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

To be honest, that seems a touch unfair. The Sprules/Tyler match certainly BECAME a joke with that commentary- and the match itself was poor- but from what people have said the rest of the card was actually pretty good.

Untrue, to an extent. The joke came when a guy hired to be a manager agreed to a squash as he'd theoreticly get killed. Wat happened was an encounter where one person didn't have the know-how to kill a baby squirrel (despite the claims to the contrary), and the other was just unsure what to do to cover it, and didn't have the experience or confidence to do so.That was followed by Kriss' blatant denial where he'd blame everything but himself for his involvement. I also spoke to those who published the match and they explained why they published it...

Kandiman (Sprules) used to spend hours upon hours telling us what a great wrestler he was, how he was setting up federations all over the globe, how he was trained by the best in the business, how he is beginning a successful movie career.He took great delight in trying to convince people that he was better than them, he never succeeded because we knew he was big fat liar, but obviously had no way to prove it. (A little side track if you'll allow me: I actually met Sprules at a TV taping for the show GameZville, which is how *I* learned he was a nobody, but others still needed to be convinced)As you can imagine, when we got our hands on evidence that he was a crock we just ran with it. We were the first board to showcase the match, and the Commentator (Who has apparently had legitimate job offers due to his edited version) is one of our members.

The relevance? It only started to be published because he had already started his reign of bullshit, making himself a joke before he even attempted to get in the ring. After Scorn I did a little research and heard he was asked to leave wrestling schools because he had no hope, though he was telling people on boards all over that he was the next big movie maker and wrestler.Only a couple of months ago he's claiming to have changed whilst also claiming he's worked with Judi Dench, working fifteen our days in the movie business while studying criminology - a course which invites him to make movies.With the high amount of bullshit, a history of dramatic failure and the cheap trick of using your children to gain sympathy, your really not worth anyones time. I screwed up and I worked hard to recover, you guys screwed up and nothings changed. You may have backed out of your Skydome claims after everyone and your cat said you were retarded for taking on such a venture, but you still made them, you still lied, you still cheated, you still committed what could be considered a serious act of fraud and you STILL want everyone to get off your back. Why should they?

In closing, there may not be a board of control, or governing body, but if I can do anything to improve the UK scene I'm going to do it, and if I can do anything to prevent the UK scene's reputation taking another hit, I certainly will.

That statement should go for every self respecting worker in the UK, and to be frank... you've no one to blame but yourselves. Edited by Evolution

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

If I were you. I'd just walk away, I don't think your kids would want their parents constantly stressed with a business which can be great but sometimes can be down right cruel you two are a fine example of this. Sprules has made himself look extremely bad by telling a whole pack of lies, by doing this Sprules has practically blackballed himself from the wrestling scene. You do not announce a show that hasnt even been set on stone with everything confirmed to go ahead. This is not the case with your promotion(s), Your jumping before you can walk. Think of your children and just find something else to do. Does having to promote a successful wrestling promotion come before your family?.(This will probably be ignored)

• Paid Members

Surely there must be someway of blackballing people with such a history of deception?

Yes, any self respecting worker will turn down their money and not work their show, they will also make sure that others who get booked are aware. In fact awareness is the best tool to stop people like this. Programs such as Watchdog and Rogue Traders may serve the BBC with some ratings, but they also serve to inform Joe Bloggs of traders to avoid. I thread like this goes someway to doing the same thing.They clearly couldn't lie straight in bed, certainly Kriss, they're not to be trusted, can't promote, can't wrestle, yet are hell bent on doing it all over again.

I'm going to call shenanigans on this. It sounds like you're saying that the reason you couldn't pay Bubblegum, El Ligero, Lexx, Ronin, Imperial Dragon and BBS is because you had to pay some workers triple, and this left you short to pay the others.With a few exceptions, the wrestlers in this country are not scum. We would not stand back and allow another worker (and let's be honest, who was on that show that was so big that nobody would take it up with them?) to threaten a pregnant woman in order to get more money.

I would suggest if there were any truth to the story at all, it's more likely that the conversation went something like this...Mel/Kriss: I'm sorry, we did a poor gate, we don't have the money to pay you tonight, but don't worry, we'll get it together and you can have it.Worker: Hold on, you mean to say you put this show on without having the money up front? It's cost me money to drive all the way here, I'm now out of pocket until you pay me. How do you know I even have the money to get home?Mel/Kriss: I'm sorry, what can I say?Worker: Ok, here's what's gonna happen, first you need to sit down and shut up. If I leave here tonight with out my money then you owe me triple for the inconvenience, if I don't get then I'm gonna kick the living fuck out of you and your 4 eyed freak of a boyfriend. You got that?The above sounds like a pretty reasonable response to the situation.Now, if her version of events were true and this was really the reason so many didn't get paid then why is this the first we're hearing of it? and most importantly, if this person is such an arse and has cause them all this bad rep, then why have they not been named and shamed in this or more so any of the previous threads? The reason is probably because it's just another fabrication or at least it didn't take place as she has made out.

I'm with Majik on this whole thing. OPWO made British Wrestling seem like a joke because of just how poor the booking was. If he wants to try again, fine but only if he does it properly, if he does what he did with OPWO and/or starts up APW the way he has it is a joke.As for the whole Skydome issue, i think Kriss is pretty delusional if he thinks "Just Joe" will spearhead a sell out show. FWA used D-Lo Brown and Terry Funk in a MID-CARD match that was heavily advertised and it didn't sell out. This is a bad, bad idea.

Guest Dangerous Dave

You dared to call yourself a British Wrestling promotion, representing the same business I and many others do, and made it look like a joke.

To be honest, that seems a touch unfair. The Sprules/Tyler match certainly BECAME a joke with that commentary- and the match itself was poor- but from what people have said the rest of the card was actually pretty good.
Who knows that? For all the millions that have seen that match how many asked what the rest of the card was like? It's on youtube, it's on limewire, I I remember rightly it was on PWT ffs and posted on Random internet forums, not just wrestling forums. The joke match represented the UK wrestling to joe blogs who lives next door and the only ones who cares about the rest of the card are the people who take any sort of interest about British Wrestling.
I do get what you are saying - that clip is a poor advert for British wretling. But it is not Sprules' fault that clip was posted online with a joke commentary- especially seeing as he has admitted that match was a mistake.

I'm probably going to come off as sounding somewhat heartless here, but none of that is relavent to the issues that people keep bringing up. Also, we're wrestling smarks. We're cynical by nature. This just seems like you're clutching for sympathy.

Yes, you're right it's no relevant but neither is the post that suggested my fiancee and father of my kids go kill himself, neither is accussing Kriss of "pimping me to pay workers" so I'll excuse myself for not being 100% professional when people are making it personal, I don't want sympathy, I want people to listen and understand, not necessarily agree with my opinions but just stop believing the bullshit that is spread around the internet.

El Ligero and Bubblegum were paid within a week or two.What was the date of the show? You've previously said that El Ligero was paid around "new year". I thought the show was earlier than mid-December.

I'VE not previously said they were paid in the New Year, I can't remember the exact date, the show in question was in September '05, it certainly wasn't long after that. Kriss has NEVER handled the money side of things Kriss PUT THE CARDS TOGETHER and that was all Kriss did APART from being the main person to handle the OPWO-related stuff on the internet such as the Press Releases and Forum threads. Kriss was NEVER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MONEY SIDE OF THINGS, SO KRISS DOES NOT OWE ANY WORKERS OR ANYBODY ELSE ANY MONEY, THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT IS MYSELF

Ronin and BBS somehow were overlooked.

So were Lexx and Imperial Dragon. Remember when Kriss said that if Lexx wanted paying, then it was in her interests to make the effort to contact him? That's not a "whoops, I forgot to pay her". That's a "meh, can't be arsed to pay her". She also confirmed that emails and PMs from herself and Mickey had been ignored.

Imperial Dragon and Ronin agreed

Yeah. Crimefighting, writing screenplays, television production, modelling, etc... Yeah, okay, so that one was a cheap shot. But then so was Kriss telling Herbie (or Sean as he calls him, seeing as they're buds. Both having a television background and all) that he fucks his own mother.And him calling Cage Tyler a "bullshitting yardtard" as if to transfer blame of their matches poorness to him.

I've said before that me and Kriss haven't been the nicest people in the past or the easiest to get along with, I don't see how any of that is relevant to the issues at hand. I don't have problems with either of them people.
I find this a peculiar statement, and right now I'm hoping you don't take this as a personal attack but trying to explain the frustration felt by a LOT of people here.I've always found both of you enjoyable to talk to when we were corresponding. Yourself especially. I understand that you may not have been as pleasant or nice as you seemed - I wasn't that nice a person either in my past. But we're talking about the present...The fact of the matter is all the jokes we're poking at Kriss regarding his cromonology degree, his filmmaking and everything inbetween are part of it. He lied rather publicly and rather foolishly, when he was caught out of these lies he made excuses to cover them. He has done this in the past... these lies were in the present. They're not directly relevant to APW, but they show that he is a compulsive liar - whether he excuses it as 'to win an argument' or not.We're then given the fact he lied about his name, using an alias is fine -I bet you don't know what my real name is, right?- but when you're using that alias to intentionally hide yourself from guys like Alex Shane whilst in talks with him, it's going beyond harmless and will do nothing but refelct badly on you once your caught out.If someone can be this unreliable whilst trying to make amends, how can anyone, industry insiders of fans alike, trust any venture he spearheads? Why not instead try and gain some support and work from the ass up, starting from the bottom and learning how to do things properly - rebuild his shattered reputation?

Yeah. Crimefighting, writing screenplays, television production, modelling, etc... Yeah, okay, so that one was a cheap shot. But then so was Kriss telling Herbie (or Sean as he calls him, seeing as they're buds. Both having a television background and all) that he fucks his own mother.And him calling Cage Tyler a "bullshitting yardtard" as if to transfer blame of their matches poorness to him.

I've said before that me and Kriss haven't been the nicest people in the past or the easiest to get along with, I don't see how any of that is relevant to the issues at hand. I don't have problems with either of them people.
I find this a peculiar statement, and right now I'm hoping you don't take this as a personal attack but trying to explain the frustration felt by a LOT of people here.I've always found both of you enjoyable to talk to when we were corresponding. Yourself especially. I understand that you may not have been as pleasant or nice as you seemed - I wasn't that nice a person either in my past. But we're talking about the present...The fact of the matter is all the jokes we're poking at Kriss regarding his cromonology degree, his filmmaking and everything inbetween are part of it. He lied rather publicly and rather foolishly, when he was caught out of these lies he made excuses to cover them. He has done this in the past... these lies were in the present. They're not directly relevant to APW, but they show that he is a compulsive liar - whether he excuses it as 'to win an argument' or not.We're then given the fact he lied about his name, using an alias is fine -I bet you don't know what my real name is, right?- but when you're using that alias to intentionally hide yourself from guys like Alex Shane whilst in talks with him, it's going beyond harmless and will do nothing but refelct badly on you once your caught out.If someone can be this unreliable whilst trying to make amends, how can anyone, industry insiders of fans alike, trust any venture he spearheads? Why not instead try and gain some support and work from the ass up, starting from the bottom and learning how to do things properly - rebuild his shattered reputation?
I'm not taking any of that personally. I know Kriss has done little to help his own reputation, and everything he says is blown way out of proportion, Kriss has worked on films and similiar projects in the past. One of our non wrestling friends is script writer/novelist/actor who is currently advising Kriss on the script for the pilot he's working on at the moment, I've got it in my bedroom draw! I'm not saying Kriss is an awesome writer or anything of the sort but he does like to write as do I, although I never get anything finished because I'm useless :p I'm just saying things he says are overblown, maybe that's his own fault. I think you might of noticed when you met him he does tend to have a sarcastic sense of humour, be argumentitive and jokes quite a bit, I used to take him seriously when we got together, I often got offended because I thought he was serious!I understand going under a false name particulary and lying to people in the business and of course other professional people such as the SkyDome about his indentity and booking the SkyDome in the first place were very unwise decisions indeed. My point is Kriss hasn't lied regarding APW apart from his name, does not owe anybody any money, had a bad match, YES but apart from that what's wrong with him wanting to go ahead with this plan now of going back to promoting small shows? All I want is for people to believe what I'm saying and what Kriss has recently said about the situation/s and let us get on with things.

Guest Dangerous Dave

Why not instead try and gain some support and work from the ass up, starting from the bottom and learning how to do things properly - rebuild his shattered reputation?

This is a good point. If for example Sprules said he has organised a small show, wrestlers have been sent a contact confirming he will pay them , tickets are

C'mon guys i think its time we gave the guy a break :rolleyes: This is the most popular thread ever!We need to give all UKFF's what we all really want and thats Sprules v Tyler 2 "The Biggun In Wigan 2" :laugh: Yes hes got a bad rep and luckily i decided it would be best not to travel all the way from wales to blackpool to work on a show he told me had Shark Boy on it as it was cancelled.We all know new name or not that this "super show" will fail, sorry Kriss but its true.As in previous posts with advice Kriss take it and stop jumping the gun and if ur in the main event as a macmahon character or not it will fail not even if you hit the best legdrop this side of wigan. :laugh: That is all.

Why not instead try and gain some support and work from the ass up, starting from the bottom and learning how to do things properly - rebuild his shattered reputation?

This is a good point. If for example Sprules said he has organised a small show, wrestlers have been sent a contact confirming he will pay them , tickets are
Edited by PrincessOfDarkness

Guest www.theunprettier.com

I did wonder why Andrew Bailey hasn't been around on my forum for a while. I guess he is going through hard times at the moment. I have never had a problem with him so cannot judge. I am sure he will reply to the thread on my forum about his APW when he sees it. Say what you want about him as i don't think he will care. But i don't see the need to get overly personal about him or his family.

Guest Dangerous Dave

This is the thing, me and Kriss have discussed maybe even paying workers 50% in advance as regards to APW or OPWO, and actually having everything made air-tight such as legally binding contracts with workers put together by a solicitor

A solicitor would be really, really, really expensive.