Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Now because of this and other reasons not all workers were paid on that very night. Now, as for the workers that weren't...take it up with the workers that threatened to "beat the shit" out of a pregnant woman if she didn't pay them triple what was agreed.

If that is true, that is wrong on all counts.

Kriss is a kind, HONEST, caring family guy who just wanted to work hard and achieve things with APW, and it truly makes me feel ill how people can go out of their way to seemingly ruin his life? I don't understand what he did to some of you to deserve this.

I've said this to Kriss over PM and I'll say it to you - this isn't personal (for me anyway). However, declaring Kriss an HONEST man when he has lied about his name, lied to "win an argument", and has allegedly lied at other times is insulting and hypocritical. Whether Kriss is a caring family guy is, without prejudice, COMPLETELY irrelevant. Business and personal are separate lives.

In the past I've just came on here and seemingly had a go, maybe so has Kriss but we're different people, we have a beautiful little girl and little boy on the way, we don't want to leave the business, we've not murdered anybody, we've done nothing that most other promoters haven't done one time or another. Now I'm genuinely sorry to any workers that feel they have been messed about by us, not paid or mistreated, we shouldn't have tried to promote when having personal problems as bad as they were, it was bound to end up a mess. I also sorry to any fans who have been let down by us or just anybody who feels we have wronged them. We have no intention of upsetting anybody or annoying anybody. We just want to live our lives, we enjoy promoting and just want a chance to put things right, I appreciate certain workers may never want to be associated with us because of what they have read on the internet and that's fair enough, I respect that but please stop trying to destroy everything for us.

Without going over old ground - everything that represents wrestling in the UK effects me as a worker and (former) promoter. I'll do you a deal - I'll stop trying to destroy everything for you when you stop shitting in my sandbox! You may enjoy promoting, but it seems that, despite the evidence, you are unaware of the amount of damage that you are doing to me personally as a worker in the UK. To Ricky Knight, Pete Murphy, Len Davies, Bagga, Daniel et al as promoters in the UK. To every single genuine pro here in the UK. I would never doubt your passion, but passion for the business does not equal the right to decimate yet another area. All I'm hearing is excuses excuses, excuses - admitting guilt doesn't make up for cocking up on an enormous scale - it shows a huge lack of respect for all the damned good work which is going on right now around the scene, as well as the work of our "forefathers". It's a cliche, but it takes YEARS to build a reputation and a moment to lose it completely. British Wrestling's reputation is (quite rightly) building nicely at the moment - and I'm sick and tired of seeing people with no idea wrecking all the good work. Least of all in my back yard.

Yes, we have more in our lives than wrestling and it's not our central career/money plan but Kriss wants to continue APW, and I want to bring back OPWO later in the year and I want to promote again and get it right as it were. Our shows aside from the controversy over Kriss's match, maybe mine, and the second being workers getting paid, and crowd attendances were not disasters, most workers and fans left happy. The audiences were not as low as reported, the first show was around 30, second around 56, many people got into that show without paying which is a whole different story, yes the third was very low at around 10, but it didn't matter, that show was EXTREMELY last minute, we promoted last minute and didn't spend much on promoting either, we were just happy to be doing it and planning on improving next time.

It wasn't controversy. You made a JOKE of British Wrestling. You understand that? You dared to call yourself a British Wrestling promotion, representing the same business I and many others do, and made it look like a joke. Can you even grasp for one tiny second how angry that makes me? How the thousands and thousands of miles I have traveled to ensure I represent British Wrestling with a degree of esteem, the time, money and study I've dedicated seem to have been pissed on? I'm not being a martyr here, because I can guarantee you can apply it ten times over to a lot of guys and girls on the UK scene, I'm simply using my experiences to hopefully finally get through to one of you. I feel I can shake the hand of any worker in the world and know I am thanking them for what they have previously done, will do for me, and that I will do for them - and I represent our great business with respect. I'm even going to break a wee promise I made to myself and tell you this - to hopefully get it through your heads - the moment I looked out onto an MPW show and thought it didn't live up to the high expectations that I had for what the punters deserve to see, I left MPW. Game over. I refused to be directly involved in the continued dilution of professional wrestling in the UK - despite how much I loved MPW; and ask anyone that was there at the time how I felt about MPW - I LIVED for my boys and girls. Read Mark Sloan's thread about him selling the FWA:A ring if you want a similar situation.In closing, there may not be a board of control, or governing body, but if I can do anything to improve the UK scene I'm going to do it, and if I can do anything to prevent the UK scene's reputation taking another hit, I certainly will.Majik

I've said this to Kriss over PM and I'll say it to you - this isn't personal (for me anyway). However, declaring Kriss an HONEST man when he has lied about his name, lied to "win an argument", and has allegedly lied at other times is insulting and hypocritical. Whether Kriss is a caring family guy is, without prejudice, COMPLETELY irrelevant. Business and personal are separate lives.

I appreciate that he lied about his name and that deceiving people was definitely the wrong thing to do, in no way am I condoning that. Looking back, I should have advised him against doing it, it wasn't however done with any malice or any intention of screwing anyone over. What I should have said that on the whole he is as honest as anyone, he did lie about his name but all the other accusations are false. Now I don't know whether the SkyDome denied the booking as a result of professional curtosy or because they had been informed of Kriss's reputation and deception when the deception came to light, and I don't honestly know what happened but I do know what I've said about the venue being booked and what Kriss has said is 100% true.

Without going over old ground - everything that represents wrestling in the UK effects me as a worker and (former) promoter. I'll do you a deal - I'll stop trying to destroy everything for you when you stop shitting in my sandbox! You may enjoy promoting, but it seems that, despite the evidence, you are unaware of the amount of damage that you are doing to me personally as a worker in the UK. To Ricky Knight, Pete Murphy, Len Davies, Bagga, Daniel et al as promoters in the UK. To every single genuine pro here in the UK. I would never doubt your passion, but passion for the business does not equal the right to decimate yet another area. All I'm hearing is excuses excuses, excuses - admitting guilt doesn't make up for cocking up on an enormous scale - it shows a huge lack of respect for all the damned good work which is going on right now around the scene, as well as the work of our "forefathers". It's a cliche, but it takes YEARS to build a reputation and a moment to lose it completely. British Wrestling's reputation is (quite rightly) building nicely at the moment - and I'm sick and tired of seeing people with no idea wrecking all the good work. Least of all in my back yard.

I will personally apologise to anybody - workers, promoters, etc who were effected by us not promoting "properly" as we should have. I am aware the amount of work promoters put into promoting, me and you have have met before Majik - at FCW, I've not been around the business as long as a lot of people but I have since 2001 and I know how much hard work goes into promoting and I'm sorry that we didn't do everything in a power to promote in the "proper" way. I don't want to give British Wrestling or it's wrestlers, promoters etc a bad reputation and I apologise to anyone who feels my involvement in British Wrestling has tarnished it's reputation, I am sorry and I due respect people who work hard and respect the business as do I myself.

It wasn't controversy. You made a JOKE of British Wrestling. You understand that? You dared to call yourself a British Wrestling promotion, representing the same business I and many others do, and made it look like a joke. Can you even grasp for one tiny second how angry that makes me? How the thousands and thousands of miles I have traveled to ensure I represent British Wrestling with a degree of esteem, the time, money and study I've dedicated seem to have been pissed on? I'm not being a martyr here, because I can guarantee you can apply it ten times over to a lot of guys and girls on the UK scene, I'm simply using my experiences to hopefully finally get through to one of you. I feel I can shake the hand of any worker in the world and know I am thanking them for what they have previously done, will do for me, and that I will do for them - and I represent our great business with respect. I'm even going to break a wee promise I made to myself and tell you this - to hopefully get it through your heads - the moment I looked out onto an MPW show and thought it didn't live up to the high expectations that I had for what the punters deserve to see, I left MPW. Game over. I refused to be directly involved in the continued dilution of professional wrestling in the UK - despite how much I loved MPW; and ask anyone that was there at the time how I felt about MPW - I LIVED for my boys and girls. Read Mark Sloan's thread about him selling the FWA:A ring if you want a similar situation.

In closing, there may not be a board of control, or governing body, but if I can do anything to improve the UK scene I'm going to do it, and if I can do anything to prevent the UK scene's reputation taking another hit, I certainly will.

Majik

I never set out to make a "Joke" of British Wrestling or anybody involved with it, I would never do that intentionally, I have always loved this business. I'm not going to use my past personal problems as an excuse however I'm over all of that now and at the time they were used as an excuse. All I am saying now is that I am more responsible and I will take responsibility when I mess up and not whinge on about being depressed as if it's everybody else's fault. My little girl has made my realise my life is in my own hands and what happens is a consequence of my own thoughts and actions. As I mentioned in my previous post I hope to run an OPWO show again in the summer/winter, I'm sure you'll probably be frustrated at me for this, but I want to promote and I want to promote the right way, I will not even attempt to book a show unless all bases are 100% covered beforehand.

Edited by PrincessOfDarkness

Guest Dangerous Dave

You dared to call yourself a British Wrestling promotion, representing the same business I and many others do, and made it look like a joke.

To be honest, that seems a touch unfair. The Sprules/Tyler match certainly BECAME a joke with that commentary- and the match itself was poor- but from what people have said the rest of the card was actually pretty good.

You dared to call yourself a British Wrestling promotion, representing the same business I and many others do, and made it look like a joke.

To be honest, that seems a touch unfair. The Sprules/Tyler match certainly BECAME a joke with that commentary- and the match itself was poor- but from what people have said the rest of the card was actually pretty good.
Both me and Kriss have admitted in the past that his match was awful, and mine wasn't much different but that's true, the rest of the card was pretty good. We always tried to book a variety of workers and to some extent styles so there was something for everybody it's just a shame that the better matches were overlooked. From what I can remember about Scorn the 8 man light heavyweight match was very popular and so should it have been, some of the best in the UK today were in that match - Dave Sharp, El Ligero just to name a couple.

It's very obvious that Sprules isn't rising to the bait and is defending himself well. Let's just see what happens.

:confused: That was sarcasm wasn't it...
Let's just see what happens.
Do not question Million$Body, for he is wise and knowing.Kanichiwa.
If by wise you mean not promoting a show at the Coventry Skydome, then yes, I believe he is.

The only thing that stands out to me in your post PoD is that your seemingly using your status as a current and future mother to win sympathy that way.Kriss lied, thats a fact, and then made himself look even more ridiculous in his responses to the thread. I have so much respect for the current promoters for what they do and it disgusts me that every tom dick and harry with a grand or so to their name reckons they can do the same. Has Kriss worked for wrestling companies before? Has he learnt the ropes from the biggest names on the UK scene? Has he made his way up through the heirachy-of-sorts to become respected enough to put on shows that other pros will help to promote?I doubt the answer to the above questions will be anything but a resounding NO but thats by the by.Seriously the wrestling business isnt fun. When i first started going to the UK shows i wanted to be involved and find out more and guess what? I became totally bored of it! Why? Because when you know the ins and outs it not as much fun. Theres no pretence and no suspension of belief. It quite literally become two men greasing up, dressing in spandex/pleather and pretending to hurt each other. It become dull as the magic has kind of gone.It obvious you two both care about the scene but do you care about it enough to take the bad reputations and images of it you have created and stand aside and let the PROFFESIONALS do what they do best? Thats the mark of a true fan! There isnt room in the business for every single person with a dream and the passion. Countless companies go out of business. Look at 1PW with the financial backing they had. Look at FWA and the name they built for themselves and the way they revolutionised the british scene. By the end of april they both will be gone. The Death of the FWA is one of the saddest things to happen in the british industry cos it changed it so much. It had such a profound effect. They came so very close only to over exert themselves with BU3 and the tv show and crash and burn. And that happened to proffesionals with a lot of experience. What chance do you have? Christ almighty Kriss' orignal plan was to book the skydome ... a venue that Low Ki v Homicide and the UK debut of Kenta Kobashi couldnt sell more than 1500 tickets for!You have a family and a life outside of the bitter twisted world of wrestling. Learn to love it. Learn to be happy with what you got. People say that when you stop striving for perfection you might as well be dead. I disagree. A person can only be happy when they learn to be thankfull for what they have. You've given promoting a chance and failed. So move on. Everyone's failed, theres no shame in it. Be it a business, a partner or a competition - theres always going to be winners and losers and everything happens for a reason. If you were supposed to be big shot promoters then OPWO would have done huge numbers and be the toast of the BritWres scene. But its not so enjoy the memories, move on and live your life!

All I am saying now is that I am more responsible and I will take responsibility when I mess up and not whinge on about being depressed as if it's everybody else's fault. My little girl has made my realise my life is in my own hands and what happens is a consequence of my own thoughts and actions. As I mentioned in my previous post I hope to run an OPWO show again in the summer/winter, I'm sure you'll probably be frustrated at me for this, but I want to promote and I want to promote the right way, I will not even attempt to book a show unless all bases are 100% covered beforehand.

Good grief - the point I was trying to make is that your mistakes, whether you take responsibility for them or not, are OUR consequences. Get it?Majik

British wrestling needs an independent union in my opinion. As this thread and countless others prove , any Tom , Dick or Harry can promote a half assed wrestling show paying people NOTHING and doing little or no advertising. If you had a Union that all wrestlers had to be part of this kind of thing could be nipped in the bud before it got to the point where outsiders like myself are wondering if anyone in British Wrestling is remotely professional. Look of course i know the last statement to be bollocks but threads like these do sow doubts into my mind anyway from time to time.

• Paid Members

the personal problems we've experienced

having one of the most stressful times of your life

we have a beautiful little girl and little boy on the way

when having personal problems as bad as they were

don't start with the nasty comments, I'm not sure I want to go into labour

my past personal problems

little girl has made my realise my life is in my own hands

I'm probably going to come off as sounding somewhat heartless here, but none of that is relavent to the issues that people keep bringing up. Also, we're wrestling smarks. We're cynical by nature. This just seems like you're clutching for sympathy.

• Paid Members

El Ligero and Bubblegum were paid within a week or two

What was the date of the show? You've previously said that El Ligero was paid around "new year". I thought the show was earlier than mid-December.

Ronin and BBS somehow were overlooked

So were Lexx and Imperial Dragon. Remember when Kriss said that if Lexx wanted paying, then it was in her interests to make the effort to contact him? That's not a "whoops, I forgot to pay her". That's a "meh, can't be arsed to pay her". She also confirmed that emails and PMs from herself and Mickey had been ignored.

I haven't yet dealt with BBS

What was the date of the show again? How often to people on here remind Kriss that he owes workers money? He's had over a year to sort it out. The fact that he's left it this long again suggests that the intent isn't there.

it seems to be a trend that's cropped up, paying workers

No, it's something that was always done. Not paying them is the trend that's been cropping up.

People in the wrestling business struggle for money at the best of times and travelling up and down the country, putting your body and sanity sometimes at risk for nothing just isn't good

In other news, the sky is blue.

I have been doing it for years myself

if you've been travelling up and down the country for years, putting your body "on the line" for nothing, then I would have thought that you'd be more bothered about Kriss oweing money to workers over a year later.

• Paid Members

Kriss is a kind, HONEST, caring family guy who just wanted to work hard

Booking himself in matches without learning to wrestle first suggests otherwise. Putting shows on without learning how to effectively promote suggests otherwise. Booking talent without having the money to pay them suggests otherwise. And yeah, he's a family man. So am I. So is Ricky Knight. So is Brian Dixon. So was Saddam fucking Hussain. It's not relavent to the matter in hand though.

Kriss is a kind, HONEST, caring family guy who just wanted to work hard

Go to the other thread and read the responses from Lexx. They suggest otherwise.

The audiences were not as low as reported, the first show was around 30

The reported number was 29. I can't remember what was reported for the second show, but...

the third was very low at around 10

The reported number was 10. How are they not as low as they reported?

I appreciate certain workers may never want to be associated with us because of what they have read on the internet

I'd be more concerned about what workers hear from other workers.

we have more in our lives than wrestling

Yeah. Crimefighting, writing screenplays, television production, modelling, etc... Yeah, okay, so that one was a cheap shot. But then so was Kriss telling Herbie (or Sean as he calls him, seeing as they're buds. Both having a television background and all) that he fucks his own mother.And him calling Cage Tyler a "bullshitting yardtard" as if to transfer blame of their matches poorness to him.

Now, as for the workers that weren't...take it up with the workers that threatened to "beat the shit" out of a pregnant woman if she didn't pay them triple what was agreed

I'm going to call shenanigans on this. It sounds like you're saying that the reason you couldn't pay Bubblegum, El Ligero, Lexx, Ronin, Imperial Dragon and BBS is because you had to pay some workers triple, and this left you short to pay the others.With a few exceptions, the wrestlers in this country are not scum. We would not stand back and allow another worker (and let's be honest, who was on that show that was so big that nobody would take it up with them?) to threaten a pregnant woman in order to get more money.Why didn't you just shout "Ronin, help me". Ronin's a big fella. It was also his money that you were giving to these that were threatening to beat the shit out of you. Why wouldn't he help you?If this genuinely did happen, why not report it to the police? Your account books would have shown what was meant to be going out. As for the wrestlers that did this, name and shame them. Not on here, but PM/email/phone every notable promotion in the country so that no promoter will book them, and risk his wife being abused in order to get more money. All that is takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.After all this though, I still don't buy into the story of the money backer. In an unsurprising twist, Kriss' version of events doesn't make any sense. Surely when he proposed the concept to Charles, he would have had a business plan/model to sell the idea to him? Yet according to Kriss, it was Charles that suggested the SkyDome and Kriss just ran with the idea. Unless Kriss' business plan was based around running a different 3,500 seater,

Who knows that? For all the millions that have seen that match how many asked what the rest of the card was like? It's on youtube, it's on limewire, I I remember rightly it was on PWT ffs and posted on Random internet forums, not just wrestling forums. The joke match represented the UK wrestling to joe blogs who lives next door and the only ones who cares about the rest of the card are the people who take any sort of interest about British Wrestling.