Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

I've just brought a new desktop tower. I really want it to be raised up from the floor. At the moment its resting on the sub woofer of my speakers but it only covers half the tower. I really need a block of wood or plastic, I'm sure if I asked my dad would build me something but I wanted to see if there's something online. I can find stands that have wheel and stand that take it a few cm of the ground but nothing that would work

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just brought a new desktop tower. I really want it to be raised up from the floor. At the moment its resting on the sub woofer of my speakers but it only covers half the tower. I really need a block of wood or plastic, I'm sure if I asked my dad would build me something but I wanted to see if there's something online. I can find stands that have wheel and stand that take it a few cm of the ground but nothing that would work

Go to B&Q buy some wood, nails and a hammer and be bloody creative!

• Paid Members

This may sound like a ridiculous question, but i'm an absolute caveman when it comes to this sort of thing.

Is there anywhere other than iTunes where you can legitimately buy music and films digitally? Picked up an mp4 player recently, ideal for watching films and stuff on in the night when i cant sleep rather than putting the telly on, but the range of films on iTunes was surprisingly limited i thought.

• Paid Members

Quick one, what legal right does a tenant have to refuse viewings in a rented property?

We move out of our current flat at the end of August and have said to the estate agents that during the day when we're at work and at the weekends is fine for viewings but now they want to do them in the evenings as well.

To be perfectly honest when I finish work I want to come home and crash not piss about with viewings, what rights do I have to hold firm on this? They are playing the 24 hours notice card but I'm sure there's more to it's than that.

Cheers in advance

• Paid Members

Put it on a skateboard.

• Moderators
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but i'm an absolute caveman when it comes to this sort of thing.

Is there anywhere other than iTunes where you can legitimately buy music and films digitally? Picked up an mp4 player recently, ideal for watching films and stuff on in the night when i cant sleep rather than putting the telly on, but the range of films on iTunes was surprisingly limited i thought.

There's a lot on amazon.

• Paid Members

There's a lot on amazon.

Cheers mate. As it goes, i downloaded a film from iTunes last night, and it wont play. Anyone know how i might convert an M4V into an MP4 file? I did try and just change the file extension, but to no avail.

I've found a t-shirt that I'd really like, but it seems it was limited stock or that you had to go to the shop (in New York) to get it. I've not seen it sold anywhere, eBay or otherwise.

My idea, though I'd prefer to buy it, was to basically get the design printed on a t-shirt but I'd need to make the design bigger without pixellating it.

I have this image of the front design. Is it possible? Otherwise, does anyone know where I may be able to purchase this t-shirt from? I'd prefer the white, but I'd take the black if that's what I can get.

• Paid Members
I've found a t-shirt that I'd really like, but it seems it was limited stock or that you had to go to the shop (in New York) to get it. I've not seen it sold anywhere, eBay or otherwise.

My idea, though I'd prefer to buy it, was to basically get the design printed on a t-shirt but I'd need to make the design bigger without pixellating it.

I have this image of the front design. Is it possible? Otherwise, does anyone know where I may be able to purchase this t-shirt from? I'd prefer the white, but I'd take the black if that's what I can get.

Easy enough to remake (font isnt an exact match though)

ABSTRACT_zps1ddca366.jpg

ABSTRACT1_zps4fcaccf5.jpg

• Paid Members
Thanks a ton. I don't want to come across as lazy, just I'm not all that with image software and I only have Paint on here. Thanks a bunch for the effort.

Dont worry about it, not everyone has photoshop at hand. If you cant find it anywhere and you do go down the print it yourself route let me know and i'll send you a massive version of it / a vector version. :thumbsup:

In the end, I got really nit-picky about this top. I downloaded Photoshop, played around with it and learnt some stuff along the way. I tried to recreate the top as best as I could which involved making text layers of individual letters and, if I was lucky, words so that they could be spaced out like they are on the original. There may have been an easier way to do it, but it's not one I knew of.

I still can't find the same 'G' (yes, that's how nit-picky I'm being) but it's fine regardless. I'm a sad act for doing it, but it got done in a couple of hours or so.

Original

My attempt

Incidentally, if on the off chance anyone knows which 'G' that is, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

Archived